Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Silkie thread! - Page 5950post #59492 of 621964/13/16 at 3:44ampost #59493 of 621964/13/16 at 3:47ampost #59494 of 621964/13/16 at 5:14ampost #59495 of 621964/13/16 at 5:48ampost #59496 of 621964/13/16 at 6:33ampost #59497 of 621964/13/16 at 6:38ampost #59498 of 621964/13/16 at 7:10am
Oh yes, they will be coming!Quote:
Dawne Cullen, Fabulously Feathered Silkies
Thanks! Cant wait to get started.post #59499 of 621964/13/16 at 11:04amI may get to go to the Gilmanor Swap here in Virginia and i hope to find a silkie or two.....excited! Still have my little silkie that i thought was a pullet, but he definitely is not, lol.Be kind to one another
Broodies and roosters and chicks, oh my!Be kind to one another
Broodies and roosters and chicks, oh my!post #59500 of 621964/13/16 at 1:10pmQuote:
It's funny you mentioned a space heater. I have a Black Silkie that we kept in-house a few times for quarantine. She loves sitting in front of the fan and positions herself a preferred distance from it so she can feel the breeze ruffling through her fur. When she wanted to feel the fan breeze she'd tap on it to let us know she wanted it on! I bet if it was a push button starter she'd learn to turn it on herself!
We were at the County Fair a couple years back and we saw a pen full of white Silkies huddled in front of a big box fan to feel the breeze ruffling through their feathers!
- Farm Daze
- › Lazy or sick chicken? 4 minutes ago
- › Hands on hatching and help 6 minutes ago
- › Broody quail. Will she stop gathering eggs? 11 minutes ago
- › What is "good coop ventilation" for the winter months mean? 12 minutes ago
- › Gender 14 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 18 minutes ago
- › Cold feet? 23 minutes ago
- › North Carolina 23 minutes ago
- › What makes a coop "Fort Knox" predator proof? 26 minutes ago
- › Shamo sexing 30 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age