Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
Silkie thread! - Page 5980
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #59792 of 621654/29/16 at 3:42pmOkay I got a better pic of my girls, (with no chicken wire in the front!)
Twix is a little smaller idk why
I'm 90% sure their gonna be buffs.
Also they're super skittish. Its hard to offer them treats with all the other chickens around!!
Edited by Silkie2 - 4/29/16 at 3:44pmpost #59793 of 621654/29/16 at 3:50pmQuote:post #59794 of 621654/30/16 at 6:49ampost #59795 of 621654/30/16 at 7:57amQuote:Originally Posted by WVduckchick
What do you guys think of these 6-week old chicks?
No idea, but they're so stinkin' cute!!!
Father is a blue frizzled bantam cochin. Mother could be my cuckoo bantam cochin, or one of 2 white silkies that I have (very low quality silkies, I might add)
3 blue, 3 black. All have black/slate skin, 3 have walnut combs, 3 have straight combs. Only 1 has 5 toes. What do you call a silkie/cochin cross?
Oh, I also got a pretty black frizzled one, but don't have a recent pic. Will get one soon.post #59796 of 621654/30/16 at 8:02ampost #59797 of 621654/30/16 at 8:30ampost #59798 of 621654/30/16 at 2:53pm
Queen Misha,,,,I agree. But my husband has a problem with
getting rid of him. If I cannot enjoy my Flock...he is going.
We live in New York State and there are FEW Silkie owners
We gave him a name (Einstein) before he arrived. Got to get
a name like Lucifer or get rid of him. AriaSilkie Chickens Are A JoySilkie Chickens Are A Joypost #59799 of 621654/30/16 at 7:28pmQuote:
How old is it? Last year I purchased a cream and tan Silkie chick from a breeder who told me I was buying a porcelain pullet, but when the feathers came in, my pullet turned out to be a snow white cockerel.post #59800 of 621654/30/16 at 7:41pm
- Farm Daze
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 7 minutes ago
- › Brinsea mini advance incubator 8 minutes ago
- › Toddlers are Quackers 9 minutes ago
- › Doulbe Yolks and Newbie Incubator 9 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 15 minutes ago
- › Chooks Fighting 24 minutes ago
- › Silkie thread! 29 minutes ago
- › Day 18 35 minutes ago
- › Fungus Or Mold On Comb! 38 minutes ago
- › My rooster suddenly has black spots on his comb. 44 minutes ago
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.