Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
Silkie thread! - Page 5986post #59851 of 621945/3/16 at 7:10pmQuote:The black on a paint goes all the way down the feather shaft to the skin.
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #59852 of 621945/3/16 at 8:43pmpost #59853 of 621945/3/16 at 10:25pmHi haven been on this thread for awhile .. I got me a trio of buff silkies and I started hatching out eggs, I didn't relize I'd have this good of a hatch rate and wanted to sell some how much should I ask for? I don't wanna ask to low or to high? They are great quality and so are the parents all bearded my avatar is one of my girls.
Anything will help I'm just stumped on price wise the parents weren't cheap also was thinking would I get better money keep some to grow out ?post #59854 of 621945/4/16 at 12:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Michelle27
Hi haven been on this thread for awhile .. I got me a trio of buff silkies and I started hatching out eggs, I didn't relize I'd have this good of a hatch rate and wanted to sell some how much should I ask for? I don't wanna ask to low or to high? They are great quality and so are the parents all bearded my avatar is one of my girls.
Anything will help I'm just stumped on price wise the parents weren't cheap also was thinking would I get better money keep some to grow out ?
I Bought My Two Adult Bearded Silkies For 20$ Each, And My One On My Avatar For 3.45$ At A Tractor Supply, But The Breeder I Got My Adults From Sold Her Chicks For 15$ Each Or 10-8$ For More Than 1. I Guess It Depend On The Breeder's Quality Or They Seller, And People Wanting To By Them ( From Me Selling Mine Also Wash Them Before Your About to Sell Them It Makes Them Look Nicer If There At A Good Age) = 3 These Are My Roo, And Hen I Bought For 20$ Each. They Are Clean In This Picture Because I Gave Them A Bath The Day Before When I Got Them From The Breeder. Hope This Helps Any ^-^post #59855 of 621945/4/16 at 7:15ampost #59856 of 621945/4/16 at 7:21ampost #59857 of 621945/4/16 at 7:21ampost #59858 of 621945/4/16 at 7:23ampost #59859 of 621945/4/16 at 7:30amHi all! I am going to be hatching some Silkie eggs this month! Can't wait! They sound like great birds (love how often they go broody, which means more chicks!)
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 15 Seramas, 1 duccles, 10 layer birds! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we are NPIP certified!
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 15 Seramas, 1 duccles, 10 layer birds! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we are NPIP certified!post #59860 of 621945/4/16 at 7:39amYes that's why I want to breed them and so just to start me off for now I got two from tractor supply it's to early to tell, yet but I am really hunk I got a hen and a roo but the funny thing is one has fuzzy legs and one has these huge fat legs like a Cornish and doesn't have fuzzy legs
- Farm Daze
- › The Old Folks Home 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 1 minute ago
- › Powdered Duramycin (oxytetracycline) antibiotic in water 1 minute ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 2 minutes ago
- › What is the friendliest goose? 2 minutes ago
- › FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Closing nesting area to all hens to stop a broody? 3 minutes ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 4 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 4 minutes ago
- › people with house chickens 5 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age