Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Good Roosters? Last post on 1/17/12 at 8:47am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Blue Bell the silkie; he or she? Last post on 1/3/12 at 12:13am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- KUMMER POULTRY FARM: Any Experiences? Last post on 11/27/11 at 10:28am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Russian Orloff MahoganyLast edited: 1/10/12
- Russian Orloff The Orloff Is Most Common In It S Spangled Variety...Last edited: 1/10/12
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Russian Orloffs - Page 293post #2921 of 29774/11/16 at 5:10pmOhhhh...Lucky y'all😍 I would love to find a few Orloff chicks or eggs for my gator.I only have my roo Hank and his ladies are black australorps. I was considering putting a few of they're. Eggs in the gator but no idea what that mix would be like... Nothing like a pure RO..just classy in that eagle look is just so unique
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2922 of 29774/29/16 at 10:27am
I ordered some RO eggs at the beginning of the month and picked them up at the Post Office on the 7th of April I got them into the incubator after letting them sit for 12 Hours to settle and get to room temp and one hatched yesterday morning I thought wow one egg hatched on the 28th well that was better then nothing and then late last night I got up for personal reasons as older people have to do and I checked the incubator and alright another one hatched great but after checking by 10 AM I found I have 4 in the incubator and there were a total of 10 eggs and almost half the eggs have hatched on eggs that were shipped from somewhere in Kentucky to Death Valley California that is starting to amaze me so I will just let the eggs finish what ever they are doing as the chicks look healthy so far ..
And for those who might think did he candle the eggs the answerer is I have learned not to and just let shipped eggs sit and do what ever they are going to do as the egg has been through enough on its travels to get to me so why spoil it's chances by moving the egg more then need be ,, .
I will be getting some pictures up a little later after the hatching has stoppedpost #2923 of 29774/29/16 at 11:33ampost #2924 of 29774/29/16 at 11:48ampost #2925 of 29774/29/16 at 4:14pmpost #2926 of 29774/29/16 at 4:37pmpost #2927 of 29774/29/16 at 7:14pm
What a cutie! I'll have to get a new pic of my Easter babies. I haven't interacted with them much, so they are kind of wild.post #2928 of 29774/29/16 at 10:04pmpost #2929 of 29774/29/16 at 10:25pm
Alright I had a total of 7 eggs hatch today 1 Molten Houdan and 6 Russian Orloff .
I know my had is a bit shaky today .
All so happy and healthy and 6 hatched out of 10 eggs shipped from Ohio to Death Valley California so I am happy with how many hatched but had only one hatched I still would have been surprised
Now I have some new blood to add to my line of RO's
gander007post #2930 of 29775/2/16 at 5:15pm
- Farm Daze
- › Sex- linked Information 25 seconds ago
- › Unidentified Peachicks 59 seconds ago
- › Is she molting?! 1 minute ago
- › Flock Master64's Rooster/Cockerel photo contest! 3 minutes ago
- › Winterizing coop in TX, doesn't snow much or get super cold but... 3 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 4 minutes ago
- › Chickens not laying 4 minutes ago
- › Cocci treatment.. Need advice please 5 minutes ago
- › How do I introduce new hen? 6 minutes ago
- › Broody quail. Will she stop gathering eggs? 8 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Ma Flock
- › Metro Boston
- › Mia HammAndEggs & her sisters
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)