Here are some of my Doms. My oldest girls are 5 months old but I'm still waiting on eggs. Hopefully soon! I have 10 pullets and 2 cockerels As well as 12 chicks (of which 8 are cockerels) oh well
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this and is it boy or girl? Last post on 5/24/16 at 1:26pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Gender with head spot Last post on 6/6/16 at 2:21pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Will Pure Black Ameraucana Roo over Barred Rock, Domonique and Cuckoo Maran Hens make Olive Egg... Last post on 12/27/15 at 4:27pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Dominique Roo x White Plymouth Rock Hen? Last post on 4/3/16 at 6:45am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Villano FlockLast edited: 2/2/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Dominique Staggered Not Quite Black On Not Quite White BarringLast edited: 1/10/12
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Dominique Thread! - Page 418
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #4172 of 494010/20/15 at 8:32pmpost #4173 of 494010/20/15 at 8:55pmQuote:
congratz! Is your hen wearing a flowered tutu? lol
photo angle I am sure :)
Mine likes to do yoga or maybe practicing to be a ballerina?post #4174 of 494010/20/15 at 9:07pmpost #4175 of 494010/21/15 at 5:45amQuote:
LOL, that's just the nest box curtain, though she WOULD look adorable in a tutu. I see yours likes to stand on your head as well. That's an excellent arabesque.post #4176 of 494010/21/15 at 6:35am
Love that ballerina chicken!
...... and I bet you're grateful she didn't take Irish Dance!
Mom, wife, science teacher, artist, & animal lover
Mom, wife, science teacher, artist, & animal loverpost #4177 of 494010/21/15 at 9:45ampost #4178 of 494010/22/15 at 12:10pm
I am sorry to say but I am too new to this raising-chickens-thing to be any help :(
Hope someone is able to provide some answers. Maybe come back and share on the board if you do decide to go to the vet.
Edited by sedaeng - 10/22/15 at 12:13pmpost #4179 of 494010/22/15 at 1:04pmQuote:
This is just a guess but my Dom pullet has been bullied since her roo flock mate was killed and has similar brown spots where she's been pecked in the same spot. Bump could be swelling from breaking skin. Has it worsened?post #4180 of 494010/22/15 at 1:08pmNo it has nor worsened. It could be because of my rooster, who now doesn't let any one in the flock eat with him or else he'll peck them. I don't suspect she's being bullied as the rest of her flockmates are her siblings and they've been together their whole life. She's also towards the top of the pecking order when the chickens are asserting themselves.
- The Villano Flock
- › PUMPKIN CARVING Contest- Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 19 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 28 seconds ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 40 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 42 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 42 seconds ago
- › Two hens suddenly roosting in the run at night. 55 seconds ago
- › Funny/Sad/Happy stories of your chickens 1 minute ago
- › FOWL Pumpkin Eating Photo Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 1 minute ago
- › My Pet Chicken Ghoulish Giveaway! 1 minute ago
- › The Old Folks Home 1 minute ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms