Thanks to LinckHillPoultry for such a great idea!
Here's how we're going to do this:
1) Each "contest" will be in its own thread.
2) The thread / topic titles will be in the format of "Category - Contest End Date." For example: "Buff Orpington - Contest Ends 4/1/08." Make sure to include an ending date for your contest in your thread title.
3) Categories for the contests are limited to photos of poultry only. Threads about other animals will be moved. You can theme your contest following a real-life poultry show category or make up a "fun" contest. Fun contest categories like the "Ugliest Chicken Contest," theme contests (holidays, roosters only, etc. etc. etc.), altered photo contests, etc., are fine.
4) Contests should be judged and have winners posted. Prizes are not necessary. Threads that just ask members to post pictures of their birds, without judging involved, will be moved to the appropriate section of the forum.
5) Pictures on the forum must be a maximum of 300 kb and no more than 800 pixels wide. If you really need to show off your bird, use a thumbnail to link to a larger picture.
If this takes off, BYC may donate some prizes to the winners!
Here are some more details / information:
Post general suggestions and questions about the Online Poultry Show in this thread!