Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- I'm a breeder! Last post on 12/15/11 at 8:53pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds - Page 337post #3362 of 357910/14/15 at 5:26pmpost #3363 of 357910/14/15 at 7:56pmThread Starterpost #3364 of 357910/15/15 at 5:44amThread Starterpost #3365 of 357910/15/15 at 6:26amQuote:
Love that Birchen. Is that a gold Birchen?
Edited by draye - 10/15/15 at 6:27ampost #3366 of 357910/15/15 at 2:19pmpost #3367 of 357910/15/15 at 8:39pmThread Starter
gold duckwing to black is my start of birchen color
ccassidy, yes my cubalayas are pure. because of inbreeding and rareness, shamo was added to some cubalayas to increase size and vigor before I was even born. my wheatons were small at first and had many faults. I came up with a plan to fix them. I got a cuba/thai cock and some zook blood hens from gallorojo. I got some white legged, long tailed asil, I got a perfect bb red cubalaya cock and nice shamo hen from zook, and I had my bb reds that I had bred and selected for a few years. I have kept 2 lines; a graded and a pure but this year they will become one line. I never got to use the zook birds as they didn't survive. the thai plus asil was the right grade. better than shamo.post #3368 of 357910/16/15 at 6:37ampost #3369 of 357910/16/15 at 9:06amThread Starter
most cubalaya breeders would tell you different. they would say shamo is the best grade. horst schmudde used them but it changed the bb red color and not to the good. time will tell whether the asil/thai grading worked. I am already pleased with the resultspost #3370 of 357910/16/15 at 10:04am
- Farm Daze
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 1 minute ago
- › BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win! 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 2 minutes ago
- › FOWL Celebrity Lookalike Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 2 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 3 minutes ago
- › The NFC B-Day Chat Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Clan Mating System? Anyone use it? 4 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEGG Decorating Contest- Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 4 minutes ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 4 minutes ago
- › ~*The Weekly Peep*~ 5 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.