Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- I'm a breeder! Last post on 12/15/11 at 8:53pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds - Page 338
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #3372 of 357910/16/15 at 8:54pmThread Starterpost #3373 of 357910/17/15 at 4:55ampost #3374 of 357910/17/15 at 6:10amThread Starterpost #3375 of 357910/17/15 at 7:50ampost #3376 of 357910/17/15 at 8:08amThread Starterpost #3377 of 357910/17/15 at 8:35ampost #3378 of 357910/17/15 at 11:19amQuote:
The hen color in the BBred Cubalaya should be a dark wheaten or as the standard calls it, a cinnamon color or a reddish cinnamon. I recently talked to one of the old time breeders and he calls all the reds BBred, wheaten and duckwing alike. In my opinion there are Wheatens and there are BBReds, that being said the roosters in both color variations look almost identical.post #3379 of 357910/17/15 at 11:47amThat's true,and looking closer at mine,I see that they are of that coloring. I know the difference in rooster of the standard bbr color. Its that the red in bbr's is a darker red, like the dark red color in asils,and is an even tone throughout the red coloring. The Wheaton is a lighter red,basically orange coloring in some parts,and the base of the feathers is usually a red or darker red coloring,and the coloring gets lighter towards the tip of the feather...at least in the hackle and saddle feathers of the males of both colors.
- Farm Daze
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 6 seconds ago
- › BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT. 15 seconds ago
- › temperature - shipped eggs 40 seconds ago
- › Urgent help please swollen neck 3 days old chick 45 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 1 minute ago
- › What is "good coop ventilation" for the winter months mean? 1 minute ago
- › *Hidden Nature* A Shapeshifting RP 1 minute ago
- › Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST! 1 minute ago
- › BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win! 2 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.