Thank you for your response. It is comforting and reassuring to know that im not the only one who thinks the way I do. I felt that I'd rather give her medicine, which covers many ailments, and try to care for her the best I can than to do nothing at all. The way of life here in the part of Arkansas where I live is harsh for poultry life. Many people around here would criticize me for not just killing it at the first sign of illness since it could be potentially contagious and hazardous not only to other animals, but also to the humans who consume them. When reading that statement I just made, consider that Arkanas is the #1 state in the entire U.S. for the poultry industry and others are just looking out for themselves when criticizing me in this way; which is completely understandable. So rather than killing it, and rather than doing nothing, I do everything I can to help it live to the extent of financial sanity. As of now, I cannot tell the difference between my sick chicken and the ones who were not sick. She has made, what appears to be, a 90% recovery. The other 10% is that she still seems a bit weak. No drooping, No funny pooping, eating everything I give her, and drinking everything also. She is a Polish Crested. I have 8 Polish crested hens and if I were to mix them up, I wouldnt be able to tell the difference between the previousely sick one and the healthy ones. That being said I will not giver her another shot of the specrtum because, at this time, I do not feel that she needs it. In about a week I will give her a booster shot or a day of isolation with viatmin water to ensure she is at her full health. Tomorrow I will release her from Isolation. I am giving ALL my birds Electrolyte water to try and keep their immune system up and I will continue this for a couple days or so.
Furthermore , on our farm we have, 75 chickens, 42 cattle, 1 horse, 1 dog, 2 cats, 26 quail, and about 100 eggs going to hatch in the incubator; which are guinea, chicken, and turkey. I love raising animals and only started with fowl this year. My fiance has been doing this his whole life. To be perfectly honest, I have only ever administered 2 shots to anilams before and one was yestrday; the other was 2 weeks ago.
Please, please, please..... No one EVER take offense anything I say. Sometimes when I talk, things dont come out the way I mean it. I am a very nice person with an incredibly sweet disposition; I just have ADHD.