Recent Images In This Thread
- itemEaster Eggerstagged by BantyChooks, 9/26/15
Related Forum Threads
- Percentages of different breeds in my crosses Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:51am in Random Ramblings
- Contest #7 Most Striking Domestic MALE Fowl Contest 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long! Last post on 5/4/14 at 10:04am in Hatch-A-Longs
- Easter Egger Extravaganza! Ends March 1st! Last post on 3/4/14 at 11:10am in Online Poultry Show
- What Gender are they? : 5 week old- Two EE One BO One BR Last post on 11/13/16 at 6:30pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Double Laced Partridge "House"
Last edited: 5/21/14
- Easter Egger Chicks in My ShedLast edited: 5/14/13
- Easter Eggers Golden By Chicken FrenzieLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers Barred Black Olive EggersLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers GoldenLast edited: 1/10/12
my dutch rooster Pecan is the best chicken i have ever had. he will protect his flock, but is very sweet to people. hes very small, so he doesn't eat very much. i hope to get more in soon.
Anconas have to be the sweetest birds i know. In fact they were one of the first chickens i got. They were a breeding pair; Cowboy and Sweetheart. Let me tell you, if you want a rooster get...
I have two dark Cornish roosters that I'm selling along with some white Plymouth Rock hens. They are either going to be rehomed OR MEET THEIR MAKER!!! In the 15 years that I have owned chickens...
This breed is very easily acquired and seem like the perfect pet for your kids or yourself. In Fact my favourite hen is a Brown Star named "Piper". Be warned these chickens do not have longevity...
I have three white Leghorn (pronounced "Leg-yurn" by the way) hens named Duchess, Henny Penny, and Lucky. They are the flightiest hens in my group of Brown Stars and Black Australorps. They dont...
Easter Egger club! - Page 729post #7282 of 100633/16/16 at 1:37pmpost #7283 of 100633/16/16 at 1:40pmQuote:
How old is she/he?post #7284 of 100633/16/16 at 1:48pmpost #7285 of 100633/16/16 at 6:47pmQuote:
My EE roo is as sweet as a lamb with his humans and my EE girl is a timid little jumper who likes to be close but not touched, by anyone, human or chicken! I want another one but the personality is so varied, you never know what you'll get. These were raised together and got the same care and attention. Totally different result!
Edited by Amelia Egghart - 3/16/16 at 6:49pmpost #7286 of 100633/16/16 at 6:51pmpost #7287 of 100633/16/16 at 7:08pmQuote:
If your bird hasn't started to lay eggs yet her peacomb should be a pale pink. The cockerels will have a deeper color peacomb earlier than the girls. My avatar is 5-months-old and you can see her peacomb is very pale still. She didn't start laying until she was 7-months-old at which time her comb turned darker just before laying. When ours takes a break from laying sometimes for 6 months, her comb will go pale again.post #7288 of 100633/16/16 at 7:08pmpost #7289 of 100633/16/16 at 7:10pmpost #7290 of 100633/16/16 at 7:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sylvester017
If your bird hasn't started to lay eggs yet her peacomb should be a pale pink. The cockerels will have a deeper color peacomb earlier than the girls. My avatar is 5-months-old and you can see her peacomb is very pale still. She didn't start laying until she was 7-months-old at which time her comb turned darker just before laying. When ours takes a break from laying sometimes for 6 months, her comb will go pale again.
Mine is only 5 weeks old
- Easter Egger Chicks in My Shed
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine. Hosts,... 16 seconds ago
- › The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!! 24 seconds ago
- › Help, please. Losing ducks :-( 1 minute ago
- › prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome) 2 minutes ago
- › Hen turning into rooster... 2 minutes ago
- › Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So! 6 minutes ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 6 minutes ago
- › Yum or Yuck? 7 minutes ago
- › Hands on hatching and help 8 minutes ago
- › Hen layed yolk in front of other hens. 8 minutes ago
- › casportpony's ducks - 2-23-2017
- › My Ginny
- › Chocolate Flan Cake
- › The first year of our adventure!
- › Spring Time Chickens
- › Chick Photoshoots
- › The beginnings of our little homestead!
- › Well, When You Name a Hen "Bratt"....
- › >~*A Howl At Midnight>*~ A FORGOTTEN...
- › The long and the short of it. And some in...