Recent Images In This Thread
- itemEaster Eggerstagged by BantyChooks, 9/26/15
Related Forum Threads
- Percentages of different breeds in my crosses Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:51am in Random Ramblings
- Contest #7 Most Striking Domestic MALE Fowl Contest 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long! Last post on 5/4/14 at 10:04am in Hatch-A-Longs
- Easter Egger Extravaganza! Ends March 1st! Last post on 3/4/14 at 11:10am in Online Poultry Show
- What Gender are they? : 5 week old- Two EE One BO One BR Last post on 11/13/16 at 6:30pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Double Laced Partridge "House"
Last edited: 5/21/14
- Easter Egger Chicks in My ShedLast edited: 5/14/13
- Easter Eggers Golden By Chicken FrenzieLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers Barred Black Olive EggersLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers GoldenLast edited: 1/10/12
I was looking for a meat outcross for my EE hens, so I bought 25 Dark Cornish roosters. I raised them together and culled them down (sent to freezer camp) all but 5, then introduced them to my...
I've had several of these chickens. The free rooster I got from the hatchery looks like the one in the main photo. I also have a red one. The hens are all unique. They have the same basic...
I purchased two pullets and a cockerel from a fellow chicken lover. I don't regret it at all. These birds aren't too flighty, and always know when it's time to roost. They are great foragers, but...
We have two pair of these - black and blue. The females are sweet and make good show birds for small children. The lay enormous eggs considering their body size. The males are very agressive as is...
I have had a Bantam Dark Brahma, River Styx, who was as friendly (and as fast) as could be. she would never beat up on other birds or struggle in my arms. My current Brahma bird, India (no, I...
Easter Egger club! - Page 729
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #7282 of 98453/16/16 at 1:37pmpost #7283 of 98453/16/16 at 1:40pmQuote:
How old is she/he?post #7284 of 98453/16/16 at 1:48pmpost #7285 of 98453/16/16 at 6:47pmQuote:
My EE roo is as sweet as a lamb with his humans and my EE girl is a timid little jumper who likes to be close but not touched, by anyone, human or chicken! I want another one but the personality is so varied, you never know what you'll get. These were raised together and got the same care and attention. Totally different result!
Edited by Amelia Egghart - 3/16/16 at 6:49pmpost #7286 of 98453/16/16 at 6:51pmpost #7287 of 98453/16/16 at 7:08pmQuote:
If your bird hasn't started to lay eggs yet her peacomb should be a pale pink. The cockerels will have a deeper color peacomb earlier than the girls. My avatar is 5-months-old and you can see her peacomb is very pale still. She didn't start laying until she was 7-months-old at which time her comb turned darker just before laying. When ours takes a break from laying sometimes for 6 months, her comb will go pale again.post #7288 of 98453/16/16 at 7:08pmpost #7289 of 98453/16/16 at 7:10pmpost #7290 of 98453/16/16 at 7:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sylvester017
If your bird hasn't started to lay eggs yet her peacomb should be a pale pink. The cockerels will have a deeper color peacomb earlier than the girls. My avatar is 5-months-old and you can see her peacomb is very pale still. She didn't start laying until she was 7-months-old at which time her comb turned darker just before laying. When ours takes a break from laying sometimes for 6 months, her comb will go pale again.
Mine is only 5 weeks old
- Easter Egger Chicks in My Shed
- › how many Eggs you get today 15 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 58 seconds ago
- › Luscious Locks Chat Thread! 1 minute ago
- › What do I have? 1 minute ago
- › Goose neck terrine 1 minute ago
- › Chicken Flock Removal 1 minute ago
- › ~A Morning at Mcdonalds~ (Inspired by Vachick,Summer,Peepers,... 1 minute ago
- › No eggs hen? 1 minute ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 2 minutes ago
- › Hard bump above eye 3 minutes ago
- › 20 Things i wish i knew before i started...
- › Finally out of the coop!
- › A Portrait of Chicken....Portraits? (Chick...
- › An Experiment in Chick Sexing Methods
- › Poultry Ownership and Dealing with Loss (From...
- › WVduckchick's Ducks!
- › Our Lovely Ducks
- › My Pepper!
- › The little lone chick
- › My best Chicken pics