Penciling, the base color is edging the feather. With lacing, the pattern color edges the feather.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemEaster Eggerstagged by BantyChooks, 9/26/15
Related Forum Threads
- Percentages of different breeds in my crosses Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:51am in Random Ramblings
- Contest #7 Most Striking Domestic MALE Fowl Contest 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long! Last post on 5/4/14 at 10:04am in Hatch-A-Longs
- Easter Egger Extravaganza! Ends March 1st! Last post on 3/4/14 at 11:10am in Online Poultry Show
- What Gender are they? : 5 week old- Two EE One BO One BR Last post on 6/9/14 at 9:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Double Laced Partridge "House"
Last edited: 5/21/14
- Easter Egger Chicks in My ShedLast edited: 5/14/13
- Easter Eggers Golden By Chicken FrenzieLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers Barred Black Olive EggersLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers GoldenLast edited: 1/10/12
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
Easter Egger club! - Page 741
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #7402 of 93713/29/16 at 7:12pmQuote:
Well shoot, thanks! I just learned something new!
Chickie Mama to three Easter Eggers, a Barred Rock, a Silver Laced Wyandotte, a Buff Orpington, a Light Brahma, a Golden Sex Link, a Cuckoo Marans, and a Black Australorp. :) :) :) Also Mommy to 3 adorable daughters, and 2 incredible Labs...and married to one lucky husband who is surrounded by ladies!
Chickie Mama to three Easter Eggers, a Barred Rock, a Silver Laced Wyandotte, a Buff Orpington, a Light Brahma, a Golden Sex Link, a Cuckoo Marans, and a Black Australorp. :) :) :) Also Mommy to 3 adorable daughters, and 2 incredible Labs...and married to one lucky husband who is surrounded by ladies!post #7403 of 93713/29/16 at 7:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by MattnCJ
Hi EEr's we are new to the site/forum and want to share our new babies! The two Easter Egger's were named by our Grandson, he picked these two out of the 8 new chicks, and named them... Monster Truck Grave Digger "Digger" for short & SHARK! I should say, our Grandson is 3yrs old and a blast! Here is a photo of these two sweet babies! CJ
Little kids are a hoot! My friend's 2-yr-old named her Ameraucana "Ming-Ming" from the children's chicken cartoon show. After that my friend had to give her grandson Ming-Ming to take home with another chicken as a companion!post #7404 of 93713/29/16 at 7:37pmpost #7405 of 93713/29/16 at 7:41pmpost #7406 of 93714/1/16 at 4:51amMy 4 new EE's arrived yesterday from Murray McMurray hatchery and I got lucky enough to have all 4 completely different colors, plus the two existing EE's I have makes 6 very different EE's. ❤️ They are my favorite so this time around I only ordered EE's and also as pullets this time around. Here are my beautiful girls.Mother of 2, homeschool, have 2 Red Stars, 2 BB, 2 EE, and 2 RR. 1 2 yr old naughty chocolate lab puppy, 1 14 yr old cockerspaniel. Check out my new blog on keeping chickens, gardening, and growing antique roses in the south at www.hennypennyrosecottage.blogspot.compost #7407 of 93714/1/16 at 8:52amQuote:Originally Posted by HennyPenny2
My 4 new EE's arrived yesterday from Murray McMurray hatchery and I got lucky enough to have all 4 completely different colors, plus the two existing EE's I have makes 6 very different EE's. ❤️ They are my favorite so this time around I only ordered EE's and also as pullets this time around. Here are my beautiful girls.
Beautiful ladies!!! Mine are only a month old but seriously excited!Two Children, One Boyfriend, One Dog, One Cat, Four Chickens. One Happy Piece of Paradise.Two Children, One Boyfriend, One Dog, One Cat, Four Chickens. One Happy Piece of Paradise.post #7408 of 93714/1/16 at 12:41pmI couldn't take it any more and got more EE's! My girlies are all going to be 3 years old this summer and last fall they all took a longer break during moult than I would have liked. They're all laying like crazy right now but I know that's not going to last, and since I only have one blue egg out of five hens (two of which are EE's) when I found out Theisens was getting "Ameracaunas" in I snatched them up. Ended up with five teeeeeeeny fluffballs! I tried getting the biggest variety of color I could, but they all have chipmunk coloring and I'm betting will all turn out like my existing two EE's, either chestnut and black or mahogony and black. Ah well, the eggs will hopefully make up for the "boring" colors. So far I'm still figuring out how to tell them apart, which of course will last until their first moult since I'm going off patterns on their chick fluff. >_< The solo one I posted will be named "Lucky Number Slevin" (after the movie) since she has a perfectly shaped 7 on her head.post #7409 of 93714/3/16 at 6:28pmpost #7410 of 93714/3/16 at 7:08pmQuote:
That dark red on the wings makes me think that Butternut might be a boy...
- Easter Egger Chicks in My Shed
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 2 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 4 seconds ago
- › Same Barred Rock...Still looks roo-ish to me... 48 seconds ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 49 seconds ago
- › Child At Heart, Monster By Nature (Chat Thread) 2 minutes ago
- › American serama thread! 2 minutes ago
- › What kind of dog do you have? 2 minutes ago
- › What breed is this fellow? 3 minutes ago
- › ***OKIES in the BYC III *** 3 minutes ago
- › What breed is this? 3 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale