Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 2/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
Minorca thread! - Page 69
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #682 of 7109/15/15 at 5:24ampost #683 of 7109/20/15 at 6:44ampost #684 of 7109/20/15 at 6:46ampost #685 of 71012/19/15 at 12:05pmpost #686 of 71012/20/15 at 6:12am
Nice pictures! I need to get out and take pictures of my whites. I just went through and culled a few due to the end of the season. I am keeping 2 roosters and 18 hens over the winter.
I only have 3 black hens at this point. I culled my beautiful black rooster as he sired all male offspring this past year. Now I have to decide if I want to continue with the blacks or just focus on the whites (I also have Red Caps).
I have a pen of chicks from October that are White X Black, so may see what that avenue leads to. They are all white, some have a few black flecks.post #687 of 71012/20/15 at 10:09ampost #688 of 71012/21/15 at 11:53am
Actually, my whites are fairly good sized. I have culled over the past couple of years to eliminate the lighter birds and also only set eggs that are extra large (for incubation). My Black Minorca are from McMurray, so not overly large. I had a group (Black Minorca) from Sand Hill that were large, but they would lay tinted eggs and I kept getting chicks with a 5th toe.
Edited by CRAJ - 1/4/16 at 1:34pmpost #689 of 71012/22/15 at 9:56pm
- Farm Daze
- › Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat -... 10 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 44 seconds ago
- › *In the Arctic* A Fox RP 51 seconds ago
- › Help identify their breed 1 minute ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 1 minute ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › Four week old meat duck doesn't look like I think she should,... 2 minutes ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 2 minutes ago
- › Science fair ideas (Questions you have had and can't find an exact... 2 minutes ago
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.