New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Partridge Rock

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

Anyone got good pics of their Partridge Rocks so I can compare what I think is one) Mine. Im not sure if she is one or not she is still a chick well two months old. Thanks

One too many chickens here... I have three wonderful children, a hubby, whos kind and generous.. When Life Hands you Small Bantam Eggs Make Small Omellets.
Reply
One too many chickens here... I have three wonderful children, a hubby, whos kind and generous.. When Life Hands you Small Bantam Eggs Make Small Omellets.
Reply
post #2 of 14

Here's a chick, I think this was the girl..

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/36723_pr.jpg

Here's a pair, a little older.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/36723_img_0505.jpg

post #3 of 14

I love my partridge rocks.  They are so friendly and much prettier than the pictures I saw of them before I ordered them back in May

post #4 of 14

Thank you for posting the chick pic.  She looks just like my mystery chick, Misty.  Mystery solved.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ascorbic 

Here's a chick, I think this was the girl..

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/36723_pr.jpg

Here's a pair, a little older.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/36723_img_0505.jpg

From the Little House Under the Prairie with 1 wonderful husband, 3 rescue dogs, 2 rescue cats, 12 sweet laying hens (4 EE's, 2 Blue Copper Marans, BO, Delaware, Golden Campine, 2 Marans mixes, Welsumer) and a lovely EE rooster (Jake), a happy Marans mix broody with 3 mixed chicks  AND now another darned broody.  It's complicated.
Reply
From the Little House Under the Prairie with 1 wonderful husband, 3 rescue dogs, 2 rescue cats, 12 sweet laying hens (4 EE's, 2 Blue Copper Marans, BO, Delaware, Golden Campine, 2 Marans mixes, Welsumer) and a lovely EE rooster (Jake), a happy Marans mix broody with 3 mixed chicks  AND now another darned broody.  It's complicated.
Reply
post #5 of 14

I have partridge rocks and welsummers - - - They look very very similiar.

You have to look at the feathering to see the minor differences.  The coloring is basically the same,  but the feathering design is different.

The partridge rocks will have the partridge pattern showned on ascorbic's pics. 
The welsummers will have the same coloring, but the design on the feathers will be more like a gold streak on the dark brown background on each feather.

They both have yellow feet.  Their combs are the same.  They are the same shade of brown.  It is HARD to tell the difference until you see the two breeds side by side at the same age.

Show us a picture of your girl - - Sharol


Edited by math ace - 8/4/10 at 4:57am
post #6 of 14

This is my PR (assumed) Misty:
picture taken 8/3
http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/60454_8-3misty.jpg

pic taken 8/2
http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/60454_mistyside.jpg

comb:
http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/60454_mistycomb.jpg

This is my Welsummer (Lisbeth) who I suspect may be a roo from the wing feathering and stance (and feet).
http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/60454_lisbethcellphon.jpg

They were ordered as pullets, but we all know how that goes.  they were 3 weeks old yesterday.


Quote:
Originally Posted by math ace 

I have partridge rocks and welsummers - - - They look very very similiar.

You have to look at the feathering to see the minor differences.  The coloring is basically the same,  but the feathering design is different.

The partridge rocks will have the partridge pattern showned on ascorbic's pics. 
The welsummers will have the same coloring, but the design on the feathers will be more like a gold streak on the dark brown background on each feather.

They both have yellow feet.  Their combs are the same.  They are the same shade of brown.  It is HARD to tell the difference until you see the two breeds side by side at the same age.

Show us a picture of your girl - - Sharol

From the Little House Under the Prairie with 1 wonderful husband, 3 rescue dogs, 2 rescue cats, 12 sweet laying hens (4 EE's, 2 Blue Copper Marans, BO, Delaware, Golden Campine, 2 Marans mixes, Welsumer) and a lovely EE rooster (Jake), a happy Marans mix broody with 3 mixed chicks  AND now another darned broody.  It's complicated.
Reply
From the Little House Under the Prairie with 1 wonderful husband, 3 rescue dogs, 2 rescue cats, 12 sweet laying hens (4 EE's, 2 Blue Copper Marans, BO, Delaware, Golden Campine, 2 Marans mixes, Welsumer) and a lovely EE rooster (Jake), a happy Marans mix broody with 3 mixed chicks  AND now another darned broody.  It's complicated.
Reply
post #7 of 14

Well you are going to have a pretty flock...  Misty is def a PR, and the little Welsummer looks to be a girl...  Sooo cute!

post #8 of 14

Could the second one be a Golden lace wyandotte ? ?

The first one is looking like a partridge rock.

post #9 of 14

The first three pictures are the same bird.  I have a GLW, and she is quite a bit darker.

This is the GLW:
http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/60454_8-3vic3.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by math ace 

Could the second one be a Golden lace wyandotte ? ?

The first one is looking like a partridge rock.


Edited by sharol - 8/4/10 at 6:37pm
From the Little House Under the Prairie with 1 wonderful husband, 3 rescue dogs, 2 rescue cats, 12 sweet laying hens (4 EE's, 2 Blue Copper Marans, BO, Delaware, Golden Campine, 2 Marans mixes, Welsumer) and a lovely EE rooster (Jake), a happy Marans mix broody with 3 mixed chicks  AND now another darned broody.  It's complicated.
Reply
From the Little House Under the Prairie with 1 wonderful husband, 3 rescue dogs, 2 rescue cats, 12 sweet laying hens (4 EE's, 2 Blue Copper Marans, BO, Delaware, Golden Campine, 2 Marans mixes, Welsumer) and a lovely EE rooster (Jake), a happy Marans mix broody with 3 mixed chicks  AND now another darned broody.  It's complicated.
Reply
post #10 of 14

Thanks for the reassurance on the Wellie.  She is quite an active bird and a real education to watch.  She is very cute, a real gangly teenager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascorbic 

Well you are going to have a pretty flock...  Misty is def a PR, and the little Welsummer looks to be a girl...  Sooo cute!

From the Little House Under the Prairie with 1 wonderful husband, 3 rescue dogs, 2 rescue cats, 12 sweet laying hens (4 EE's, 2 Blue Copper Marans, BO, Delaware, Golden Campine, 2 Marans mixes, Welsumer) and a lovely EE rooster (Jake), a happy Marans mix broody with 3 mixed chicks  AND now another darned broody.  It's complicated.
Reply
From the Little House Under the Prairie with 1 wonderful husband, 3 rescue dogs, 2 rescue cats, 12 sweet laying hens (4 EE's, 2 Blue Copper Marans, BO, Delaware, Golden Campine, 2 Marans mixes, Welsumer) and a lovely EE rooster (Jake), a happy Marans mix broody with 3 mixed chicks  AND now another darned broody.  It's complicated.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Breeds, Genetics, & Showing