here are my three blacks growing up slowly. I am pretty confident I have one roo. I'm hoping for a trio. they are about 9-10weeks old I think now. i just bought a 6 lavendars, 2 blues, and two splashes to add to the mix too but they are only a week old.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on 3/3/13 at 8:41am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 5/3/13 at 4:33pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- hatchery vs. breeders (heritage breeds) Last post on 1/22/13 at 11:18pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Crevecours Last post on 3/28/12 at 5:55pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Buff Orpington, Australorps, Welsummers and Plymouth Rock?? Last post on 12/8/12 at 11:51am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
Edited on 1/23/12
- OrpingtonEdited on 9/20/08
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsEdited on 6/27/11
- Orpington Black Blue SplashEdited on 1/10/12
- Orpington BlackEdited on 1/10/12
These birds have been the foundation of our flock. They have stood up to the arid Colorado weather here which means cold winters, hot summers and not much rain so no many plants or bugs. Very...
Acquired these two girls from someone who wasn't supposed to have them in the city. They were still pullets. They lay one egg every other day between the two of them. Have not noted them to be...
I wasn't sure I'd like them but have found them to be attractive and friendly so far. Hardy robust little birds.
With several comments about finding it hard to obtain good quality Brabanters, has anyone purchased from Sandhill? Where have you found good quality stock? If our town changes it's regs, this is...
I like everything about it except how it looks right now. I know it lays decently. It is a great part of my great waterfowl flock.
The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread - Page 830post #8292 of 158895/15/12 at 7:24am
Genelda... I have never seen that before.. don't know what to tell you... But it probably won't change :(post #8293 of 158895/15/12 at 11:53amQuote:
Can you take a picture of your Lav chicks, I have 2 chicks that I think could be yet Id didnt order lav so wonder if they are going to be splash. My splah orp chicks dont look like the ones that hatced a few weeks ago. The one's I have are a siver color kind of.Hi, I have French Black Copper Marans (love them), English Orpingtons :(colors Blue, Balck and Splash) they are so sweet. Oh also Cream Legbars :that lay nice blue eggs. We will be offering eggs and chicks from all of them just PM me to get on the list for which one youd like. We also have a few sweet Dairy goats ( Nubians and Toggs)
Swap page http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/swap-stuff-that-i...Hi, I have French Black Copper Marans (love them), English Orpingtons :(colors Blue, Balck and Splash) they are so sweet. Oh also Cream Legbars :that lay nice blue eggs. We will be offering eggs and chicks from all of them just PM me to get on the list for which one youd like. We also have a few sweet Dairy goats ( Nubians and Toggs)
Swap page http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/swap-stuff-that-i...post #8294 of 158895/15/12 at 12:31pmpost #8295 of 158895/15/12 at 1:26pmpost #8296 of 158895/15/12 at 1:34pmpost #8297 of 158895/15/12 at 2:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by tennesseeckn
Wow. You can really see how far I have to go in regards to lacing when you compare the two blues side by side like that. It's better than last year, but Renee, you're really going to have to tell me your secret.
Are you sure that last one is a pullet? That's an awfully big comb and some really long legs. It could just be the way the pictures were taken, though. When DH walked by the computer he asked, "Is that a turkey?" I wish I could tell you how it'll feather out, but I've not had any hatch out like that... yet... I'm sure it's just a matter of time, though.
Secrets in the Sauce... lolpost #8298 of 158895/15/12 at 6:52pmQuote:
So I think I have a couple Lav. This is going to sound bad but what colors make Lav?Hi, I have French Black Copper Marans (love them), English Orpingtons :(colors Blue, Balck and Splash) they are so sweet. Oh also Cream Legbars :that lay nice blue eggs. We will be offering eggs and chicks from all of them just PM me to get on the list for which one youd like. We also have a few sweet Dairy goats ( Nubians and Toggs)
Swap page http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/swap-stuff-that-i...
Swap page http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/swap-stuff-that-i...post #8299 of 158895/15/12 at 7:25pmQuote:
frizzle orp?post #8300 of 158895/15/12 at 8:42pm
Pretty blue baby hatched from Rebel Yell egg:
I am learning how to take better photos. Not great..but cute.
The momma photo is the broody BR cross I put the English Orp eggs under. I added 4 sexlinks after the eggs hatched, to her brood for my egg layer pen (they are Golden Comets - I have "The 4 Comets"...LOL).
- The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 2 seconds ago
- › Green Club 6 seconds ago
- › how many Eggs you get today 19 seconds ago
- › Sumatra Thread! 22 seconds ago
- › Need home for chicks 27 seconds ago
- › Hello from the South suburbs of Denver! 45 seconds ago
- › Atomic Powers (OOC) 52 seconds ago
- › LOTS AND LOTS OF PICS OF MY CHICKS!!!!! 1 minute ago
- › Pekin Duck Club! 1 minute ago
- › Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man 1 minute ago
- › This is my new coop. by hairco
- › Poultry Playpen by ftroop
- › Troost Roost by stuckinvtown
- › Fowl Territory by softblooper
- › Cozy Coop in Cape by ShamSham
- › Poor Man's Chicken Coop for zero dollars by IceAngel
- › Fresh Eggs from Spoiled Chickens by lilnursetara
- › New to web site. Need advise on how to help... by Marie Joye
- › My foray into chicken ownership by Katcynth
- › My six chicks!!!!! So cute by My Six Chicks