I'm parting with 2 Sumatra roos if there is anyone nearby CT or MA that's interested. Very good quality birds. I don't have pics at the moment but can post when I have time to get out there and take a couple. PM if interested. I will be bringing them to Little Rhody on Sunday. Thanks,
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- New Project! NN Sumatras Last post on 10/30/14 at 4:36pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Bantam Australorp? Last post on 6/29/14 at 8:29am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Light Brahma breeders- bantam or standard Last post on 5/2/14 at 12:02pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Please show me your Ideal bantam ameraucanas :-D Last post on 2/9/12 at 2:23pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Bantam versus standard Last post on 2/22/12 at 9:44am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sumatra Black By ChickenrandomnessLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sumatra Sumatras Come In Black Being The Most Popular Blue And WhiteLast edited: 1/10/12
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Sumatra Thread! - Page 569
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #5682 of 583910/13/15 at 4:20pm
I have a young beautiful Trio of Sumatra's I plan on breeding and trying to get "Splash" as a recognized colour for the breed. My birds are all hand tamed and my roo, and one of the hens are trained to fly up on my arm on command. I am trying to find a show class or an event some where close by in BC where I can show them or their tricks, lovely colour and flying skils. This is my rooster, and my smallest hen (I call her a Blues Splash because she has some black patched on her other side.)
My Roosters tale is about twice the length it is in this photo now, and he has started to crow, mind you he doesn't sound very chicken like yet, but he's trying.
post #5683 of 583910/13/15 at 4:58pmpost #5684 of 583910/14/15 at 2:40pmpost #5685 of 583910/14/15 at 2:41pmpost #5686 of 583910/14/15 at 3:00pmpost #5687 of 583910/14/15 at 5:49pm
I'm not sure what exactly possessed me to get one, but I am oh so glad I did! I only have one Sumatra, a black one called Hera.
She's absolutely beautiful and sweet if not a bit timid, and is rather prolific at laying beautiful white/cream eggs! Seriously, she almost keeps up with my RIR's!
I have six hens, and by far, she's one of the nicer ones! I'm worried about winter, but we do try to keep it warmer up in the coop for the girls. If it does get too cold, she might get spoiled and be a house chicken for the season. :)Mom to 2 boys, a spoiled kitty-Tessa, a goldfish named DanTDM, 2 RIR -Hen Solo and Eggitha Christie, our EE Jellybean, our Australorp- Darth Cluck, our Black Sumatra called Hera. Welcome to our new babies all BLRW- Misty, Pikachu, Zelda, and Ophelia. RIP to Carly, Sam, and Camilla ( Hawks suck......) and Barbie Q ( natural)Mom to 2 boys, a spoiled kitty-Tessa, a goldfish named DanTDM, 2 RIR -Hen Solo and Eggitha Christie, our EE Jellybean, our Australorp- Darth Cluck, our Black Sumatra called Hera. Welcome to our new babies all BLRW- Misty, Pikachu, Zelda, and Ophelia. RIP to Carly, Sam, and Camilla ( Hawks suck......) and Barbie Q ( natural)post #5688 of 583910/14/15 at 8:19pmQuote:
In my experience, Sumatras are very cold hardy. As long as they have a place to be out of the wind they will be fine.post #5689 of 583910/14/15 at 8:36pmpost #5690 of 583910/14/15 at 9:15pm
this is a photo I took of my Roo a few weeks back when is tail was a bit shorter still. He looked more like a hen here, but you can really see his splash colouring :)
- Farm Daze
- › Cream Legbar Pictures 22 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Muscovy Duck with neck/eyesight issue, HELP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Dixie Chicks 2 minutes ago
- › Street Chicken now Pet, gender and breed? 3 minutes ago
- › HELP! 3 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Brahma Projects Thread 4 minutes ago
- › I'm Building an Incubator - please don't bother asking permission... 4 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 4 minutes ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 5 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Ma Flock
- › Metro Boston
- › Mia HammAndEggs & her sisters
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)