Could you post pictures?
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- New Project! NN Sumatras Last post on 10/30/14 at 4:36pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Bantam Australorp? Last post on 6/29/14 at 8:29am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Light Brahma breeders- bantam or standard Last post on 5/2/14 at 12:02pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Please show me your Ideal bantam ameraucanas :-D Last post on 2/9/12 at 2:23pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Bantam versus standard Last post on 2/22/12 at 9:44am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sumatra Black By ChickenrandomnessLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sumatra Sumatras Come In Black Being The Most Popular Blue And WhiteLast edited: 1/10/12
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
Sumatra Thread! - Page 581post #5801 of 58394/19/16 at 6:54pmQuote:May your birds always make you smile.May your birds always make you smile.post #5802 of 58394/19/16 at 10:43pmpost #5803 of 58394/20/16 at 8:41amQuote:
no once they have their color they don't usually change their color much it might be lighter or darker but it won't go from white to black.post #5804 of 58394/20/16 at 3:16pmpost #5805 of 58394/20/16 at 5:22pm
I do not breed these yet, however if you go here http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Sumatra/BRKSumatras.html and scroll down towards the bottom and you will see images of chicks note the blacks do have lighter chick feathering on part of their bodies. So you might be okay. :)
Edited by Lauravonsmurf - 4/20/16 at 5:23pmMay your birds always make you smile.May your birds always make you smile.post #5806 of 58394/21/16 at 11:05ampost #5807 of 58394/21/16 at 7:21pmI got these Sumatra chicks with some Langshans yesterday. The guy said they were between one and three weeks old. Their shoulder and breast feathers are just starting to show, the tail is about a half-three quarters of an inch long, and their wings reach their tail. Gender doesn't matter right now. How old are they?
Edited by horselover1999 - 4/21/16 at 8:12pmTwo dogs, 2 red sex-links, 3 Cochins, 2 silkies, 2 Sumatras, 4 Langshans, and an imaginary horse that I wish my parents would get me.Two dogs, 2 red sex-links, 3 Cochins, 2 silkies, 2 Sumatras, 4 Langshans, and an imaginary horse that I wish my parents would get me.post #5808 of 58394/22/16 at 8:49amQuote:Originally Posted by horselover1999
I got these Sumatra chicks with some Langshans yesterday. The guy said they were between one and three weeks old. Their shoulder and breast feathers are just starting to show, the tail is about a half-three quarters of an inch long, and their wings reach their tail. Gender doesn't matter right now. How old are they?
maybe 1.5-2.5 weeks leaning toward the older end of that spectrumpost #5809 of 58394/22/16 at 10:51ampost #5810 of 58394/22/16 at 3:55pm
- Farm Daze
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 2 minutes ago
- › Will my chickens get used to their new coop? 5 minutes ago
- › Show off your chicken names!!! 10 minutes ago
- › A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100. 17 minutes ago
- › The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome! 18 minutes ago
- › 5 days until my girls are fugitives~HELP in South Milwaukee, Wi... 21 minutes ago
- › My Broody Hen and Lice/Mites 22 minutes ago
- › Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! 28 minutes ago
- › Australorp Black Blue & Splash! POST PICS PLEASE!!! 38 minutes ago
- › Broody Hens 40 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale