We live in Christmas Valley, Oregon and our winter has been good. We have snowpack this year so maybe no drought. We also have VERY cold temps, which bite....we live in southeastern Oregon, it is the high desert and our area produces hay and cattle. Christmas Valley is about an hour away from Bend, Klamath Falls, Lakeview and Burns. Our population for the entire county is something around 4 thousand people, which is about 1 person per square mile, I think.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
Tolbunt Polish - Page 140
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #1392 of 14421/11/16 at 11:46amQuote:Oh that's nice I would like to be there on dayOriginally Posted by Vprosenick
We live in Christmas Valley, Oregon and our winter has been good. We have snowpack this year so maybe no drought. We also have VERY cold temps, which bite....we live in southeastern Oregon, it is the high desert and our area produces hay and cattle. Christmas Valley is about an hour away from Bend, Klamath Falls, Lakeview and Burns. Our population for the entire county is something around 4 thousand people, which is about 1 person per square mile, I think.post #1393 of 14421/15/16 at 12:11pmpost #1394 of 14421/20/16 at 1:13pmpost #1395 of 14422/20/16 at 4:33pmpost #1396 of 14422/20/16 at 4:35pmpost #1397 of 14422/20/16 at 4:35pmpost #1398 of 14422/21/16 at 5:38amQuote:
They are Tolbunt Polish.Quote:
They start out with pink legs, then turn bluish grey as they get older. Here are a couple of mine when they were a few days old:
By the time they are three weeks old they have started to turn:~ Randall~ Randallpost #1399 of 14423/31/16 at 9:02pmpost #1400 of 14424/1/16 at 6:39am
- Farm Daze
Currently, there are 1746 Active Users (196 Members and 1550 Guests)
- › Hello from Australia! just now
- › What's the temperature where you are??? 44 seconds ago
- › Not an Emergency...Marek's in the Flock 45 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Homeschooling - SUPPORT GROUP 2 minutes ago
- › I'm Building an Incubator - please don't bother asking permission... 2 minutes ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 3 minutes ago
- › Not eating/not pooping 3 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 3 minutes ago
- › RodNTN's chat thread! 4 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale