Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 1/16/17
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
I was looking for a meat outcross for my EE hens, so I bought 25 Dark Cornish roosters. I raised them together and culled them down (sent to freezer camp) all but 5, then introduced them to my...
I've had several of these chickens. The free rooster I got from the hatchery looks like the one in the main photo. I also have a red one. The hens are all unique. They have the same basic...
I purchased two pullets and a cockerel from a fellow chicken lover. I don't regret it at all. These birds aren't too flighty, and always know when it's time to roost. They are great foragers, but...
We have two pair of these - black and blue. The females are sweet and make good show birds for small children. The lay enormous eggs considering their body size. The males are very agressive as is...
I have had a Bantam Dark Brahma, River Styx, who was as friendly (and as fast) as could be. she would never beat up on other birds or struggle in my arms. My current Brahma bird, India (no, I...
Tolbunt Polish - Page 145
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #1442 of 144710/1/16 at 10:24pmQuestion for those who breed or have raised multiple chicks - do their crests and breast areas get the rust colored feathers as young chicks normally? I have no experience with Tolbunts previous to this and both my chicks only have black/white feathering in top. I looked for more info online, but there isn't much to address my specific question. Thanks in advance! 😎post #1443 of 144711/16/16 at 11:33pmpost #1444 of 144711/24/16 at 4:23pmpost #1445 of 144711/24/16 at 7:54pm
anyone wanna join my hen contest??post #1446 of 14471/10/17 at 8:37am
Hello everyone! I read through the first 11 pages, but that was all. lol
Anyway. What is the best chicken to breed with a Gold laced Polish to start the tolbunt adventure? A good friend of mine has had nothing but DIS and quitters in her incubator from shipped eggs and we're thinking it could be an inbreeding issue from the parent stock.
It sounds like Mille Fluer and Speckled Sussex are out of the question and Russian Orloffs are a big no-no. I can see Houdan working, but how many generations would it take to get good lacing back while keeping the feathers white tipped? One more question. If my friend could get ahold of a Tolbunt Rooster, cross it with gold laced hens, then back to the rooster, half the back crosses would be tolbunt, right? Thank you or being patient with all of my questions.post #1447 of 14471/17/17 at 7:18pm
Can you tell me if my little frizzle pullet in front is considered tolbunt? My son is showing her on 4H at our county fair next month and I want to make sure we are describing her color variety as best as possible. Thanks😊I have 2 boys ( one grown one In elementary school) a very understanding husband , 2 cats, 2 chihuahuas, 22chickens, and 5peafowl , 4 cockatiels, and 9 pacific parrotlets. We live in Florida and I am lucky to work at my sons wonderful charter school where we have an amazing agriculture program and big 4H club and keep livestock at school for the kids to learn about and work with. I assist with...I have 2 boys ( one grown one In elementary school) a very understanding husband , 2 cats, 2 chihuahuas, 22chickens, and 5peafowl , 4 cockatiels, and 9 pacific parrotlets. We live in Florida and I am lucky to work at my sons wonderful charter school where we have an amazing agriculture program and big 4H club and keep livestock at school for the kids to learn about and work with. I assist with...
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 14 seconds ago
- › Broody Hen Thread! 26 seconds ago
- › Whole foods? 55 seconds ago
- › Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation... 1 minute ago
- › Consolidated Kansas 1 minute ago
- › International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP 2 minutes ago
- › Pullet? Roo? One of each? 2 minutes ago
- › Poorly hens today :( 2 minutes ago
- › Everyone Dies *A Fantasy RP* 3 minutes ago
- › California-Southern 3 minutes ago
- › 20 Things i wish i knew before i started...
- › Finally out of the coop!
- › A Portrait of Chicken....Portraits? (Chick...
- › An Experiment in Chick Sexing Methods
- › Poultry Ownership and Dealing with Loss (From...
- › WVduckchick's Ducks!
- › Our Lovely Ducks
- › My Pepper!
- › The little lone chick
- › My best Chicken pics