Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: Yesterday
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
My Sicilian Buttercup, Piquin, is a consistent layer of small creamy eggs, about 3-4 a week. Her plumage is a gorgeous coppery gold with distinctive leopard-like spots; a double comb and high tail...
I LOVE my buffs. We got chickens because my son and I are allergic to cats and dogs and the kids wanted pets. We got all buffs because I read that they were the best "beginner" chickens. They are...
My Favacauna named Raven is the nicest thing, and she lays a large green egg nearly every day. Her feathers have a beautiful blue shine and I absolutely love her feather cheeks. If you are...
I have had nothing but success with my Brinsea Mini Advanced. This will be my fourth hatching season with it running for at least six consecutive weeks, and it still works great! (Although the fan...
I have been searching for Malay for about half a decade now and finally got my first pair. They are more wonderful than I could have imagined. Their size and sturdiness is awe inspiring; they are...
Tolbunt Polish - Page 145post #1442 of 146010/1/16 at 10:24pmQuestion for those who breed or have raised multiple chicks - do their crests and breast areas get the rust colored feathers as young chicks normally? I have no experience with Tolbunts previous to this and both my chicks only have black/white feathering in top. I looked for more info online, but there isn't much to address my specific question. Thanks in advance! 😎post #1443 of 146011/16/16 at 11:33pmpost #1444 of 146011/24/16 at 4:23pmpost #1445 of 146011/24/16 at 7:54pm
anyone wanna join my hen contest??post #1446 of 14601/10/17 at 8:37am
Hello everyone! I read through the first 11 pages, but that was all. lol
Anyway. What is the best chicken to breed with a Gold laced Polish to start the tolbunt adventure? A good friend of mine has had nothing but DIS and quitters in her incubator from shipped eggs and we're thinking it could be an inbreeding issue from the parent stock.
It sounds like Mille Fluer and Speckled Sussex are out of the question and Russian Orloffs are a big no-no. I can see Houdan working, but how many generations would it take to get good lacing back while keeping the feathers white tipped? One more question. If my friend could get ahold of a Tolbunt Rooster, cross it with gold laced hens, then back to the rooster, half the back crosses would be tolbunt, right? Thank you or being patient with all of my questions.post #1447 of 14601/17/17 at 7:18pm
Can you tell me if my little frizzle pullet in front is considered tolbunt? My son is showing her on 4H at our county fair next month and I want to make sure we are describing her color variety as best as possible. Thanks😊I have 2 boys ( one grown one In elementary school) a very understanding husband , 2 cats, 2 chihuahuas, 22chickens, and 5peafowl , 4 cockatiels, and 9 pacific parrotlets. We live in Florida and I am lucky to work at my sons wonderful charter school where we have an amazing agriculture program and big 4H club and keep livestock at school for the kids to learn about and work with. I assist with...I have 2 boys ( one grown one In elementary school) a very understanding husband , 2 cats, 2 chihuahuas, 22chickens, and 5peafowl , 4 cockatiels, and 9 pacific parrotlets. We live in Florida and I am lucky to work at my sons wonderful charter school where we have an amazing agriculture program and big 4H club and keep livestock at school for the kids to learn about and work with. I assist with...post #1448 of 14601/30/17 at 9:06am
We'd like to begin breeding polish and would love to figure out how to get tolbunt and candy corn/crele, but we're new to the polish breed. We've had one golden laced pullet for several months that my kids begged me for and now absolutely love, and she has finally begun to lay. They call her "Mohawk", and I don't have the heart to tell them that she's actually got more of an afro, LOL. Right now she's being kept with our Seramas since our big birds were picking on her too much. One of our broody Serama Mommas is sitting on a couple of her eggs right now, so we'll soon find out what a Polish/Serama cross looks like. I'm not 100% sure that the tiny Serama roosters have been successful in breeding her, but we'll find out in a couple of weeks.
Anyway, we've liked Mohawk her so much that I picked up a dozen more Polish chicks from a local seller about three weeks ago. Nothing too fancy, he gets most of his birds from Privett, which is only about an hour away from us, and that's where these came from. The varieties that I got from him were golden laced and white crested black polish. Once they're feathered out enough to go outside, we'll put Miss Mohawk with her new little friends in their own coop.
So here are some questions that I have:
What other varieties would I need to add to get tolbunt and crele/candy corn? If I understand correctly, adding Motled and/or Mille Fleur and crossing them to the gold laced will give me give me tolbunt, is that correct? Crossing the golden laced with the white crested black will give us all black from what I've read. No idea though how to get the candy corn/crele though, so I'd love to know if anyone can advise. Does anyone know of a hatchery that sells motled and/or mille fleur varieties to add to our flock to get the tobunt? What will the white crested black crossed to motled or mille fleur result in?
Also, I know that these aren't standard varieties, but will the tolbunt and crele/candy corn breed true once you've got them? Thanks, sorry for the noob questions!post #1449 of 14602/3/17 at 1:31pm
Edited by vanahjeane - 2/3/17 at 1:52pmProud owner of a faithful Great Dane and an ornery GSD. Owned by a cranky tabby cat, and annoyed by two silly kittens. Trying to acquire hens who lay pretty eggs. Loved by the most patient man, ever.Proud owner of a faithful Great Dane and an ornery GSD. Owned by a cranky tabby cat, and annoyed by two silly kittens. Trying to acquire hens who lay pretty eggs. Loved by the most patient man, ever.post #1450 of 14602/3/17 at 1:31pm
Yes, she appears to be a frizzle tolbunt polish. Good luck showing :)
Quote:Proud owner of a faithful Great Dane and an ornery GSD. Owned by a cranky tabby cat, and annoyed by two silly kittens. Trying to acquire hens who lay pretty eggs. Loved by the most patient man, ever.
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › Count as high as you can before HeavensHens88 posts! 3 seconds ago
- › The Incubators Thread!!! Come Join And Learn!!! 16 seconds ago
- › Abscessed tooth in my chick. 26 seconds ago
- › Lavender Orpington Rooster need a new home 29 seconds ago
- › Day 11 candling, which of these are developing and which should I... 30 seconds ago
- › Boys VS Girls: Round Two 32 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 37 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? 1 minute ago
- › HELP!!! Something is wrong! This baby isn't breathing right! 2 minutes ago
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Hishigata
- › Orpington by jallen062
- › Favacauna by BlueJuniper
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by acemario
- › Malay by QueenMisha
- › Bantam-Cochin by givengrove
- › Ameraucana by melishkia
- › Featherman Poultry Set Up Special With Chill Tank by rjohns39
- › Jumbo White Coturnix by Jaromo99
- › Hamburg by AmandaKyle
- › SERAMA INCUBATION TIPS ~ Not hard to hatch...
- › casportpony's random chicken pictures
- › Best Pictures of 2017.
- › Soo EggCited the ladies will be here next...
- › Coop-A-Cabana and Coop de Ville....Soo...
- › Integrating new birds at 4 weeks old.
- › \~ * >One Will Reign< * ~/ a Wild Horse...
- › A Few of my BYC Besties
- › Duck Year, A Love Story
- › A Few of My BYC Friends...