Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this and is it boy or girl? Last post on 5/24/16 at 1:26pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Thoughts on this heritage breed..... Last post on 2/24/12 at 12:39pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- I'm sure I don't what to hear the answer to this but... (PR or RB?) Last post on 11/15/11 at 7:55pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- almost 2 weeks old...what do you think? Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:31am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Cornish Wlr White Laced Red Lf CornishLast edited: 1/10/12
- Cornish White Lf CornishLast edited: 1/10/12
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
Cornish Thread - Page 183
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #1822 of 308411/22/15 at 7:06ampost #1823 of 308411/22/15 at 9:34am
Unfortunately my dark cornish all have willow coloured feet. I'd like the yellow legs and pearl eyes in my flock- is it true that the hatchery cornish do have pearl eyes?
It would be very interesting to compare the production of hatchery cornish to the exhibition- I don't think I've seen any photos of dressed pure cornish, hatchery or exhibition. Must be too valuable to eat I have heard that the hatchery cornish are pretty good egg layers.
Edited by CanadianBuckeye - 11/22/15 at 9:37ampost #1824 of 308411/22/15 at 9:40ampost #1825 of 308411/22/15 at 9:42ampost #1826 of 308411/22/15 at 11:24ampost #1827 of 308411/22/15 at 2:49pm
JRN do you know for sure if there's leghorn in the hatchery dark cornish? I think the ones in Canada come from Ideal. If so, I'll order some for a little project breeding I have in mind.
Has anyone crossed dark with white cornish? I was wondering if that might invigorate a line without destroying the Cornish characteristics. I'd expect some white feathers popping up from that cross but it wouldn't be as bad as crossing with another breed.post #1828 of 308411/22/15 at 3:05pm
I suspect just about all white Cornish are pretty much dark Cornish with the addition of two copies of recessive white."It just goes to show you, you don't have to be crazy to raise Cornish,...................... but it helps." Lewis Strait"It just goes to show you, you don't have to be crazy to raise Cornish,...................... but it helps." Lewis Straitpost #1829 of 308411/22/15 at 3:09pmpost #1830 of 308411/22/15 at 3:09pmI have 4 Cornish cross, about 9 weeks old. I know I should just butcher them, and I might yet, but was going to try to keep them for layers. I have about 4 acre property I let my hens free range. I just started turning the Cornish cross out. They will not move very far from the coop, I know they cannot be finding enough food in the little area they are hunting. I have to actually close the coop door or they would spend the entire day laying in the barn. I do not give them any feed until evening, trying to make them range.
They are young, will they get bolder as they get more accustomed to their environment? Or have they just been bred to be lazy?
- Farm Daze
- › Vermont 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread 6 minutes ago
- › Silkie thread! 13 minutes ago
- › BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win! 18 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 23 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 29 minutes ago
- › *Hidden Nature* A Shapeshifting RP 32 minutes ago
- › What is "good coop ventilation" for the winter months mean? 35 minutes ago
- › New and need to make pen 38 minutes ago
- › Coturnix-Pics 48 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page