BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › General breed discussions & FAQ › Crele Bantam Cochin Project
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crele Bantam Cochin Project - Page 3

post #21 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheat 

I have had some solid white chick hatch from my F2 eggs.  I was baffled at first and didn't know where the white chicks were coming from. I will be using them also just to see what may come from them.  I am not really sure how these came about.  I think PFF replied on my thread I posted when I was getting the white chicks.  wwmicasa1 have you had any white chicks hatch from you F2's ?


Yes, I do have a few white chicks. However, they do have some splotches of black. Do yours??? Eager to see how they color up smile

Lynne: Wingshadows Hacienda, Warner Springs CA
Mille Fleur, Calico, Black Mottled & Buff Barred Bantam Cochins,  MF, Blue & Black Mottled D'Uccle, Lemon Blue LF Cochins, Crele Project Bantam Cochins
www.localharvest.org/listing.jsp?id=11467
Like me on:  https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Wingshadows-Hacienda/223900187662937

Reply

Lynne: Wingshadows Hacienda, Warner Springs CA
Mille Fleur, Calico, Black Mottled & Buff Barred Bantam Cochins,  MF, Blue & Black Mottled D'Uccle, Lemon Blue LF Cochins, Crele Project Bantam Cochins
www.localharvest.org/listing.jsp?id=11467
Like me on:  https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Wingshadows-Hacienda/223900187662937

Reply
post #22 of 152
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmicasa1 

Hi all~!

I'm also working on this color. My F2 chicks just hatched last month & I have some high hopes for a few of them. It is not an easy color to reproduce. My F1 roo has excellent shape & I'm hoping he has passed it on to his chicks. I'll get a pic of him today. I'm not as far along as PPF or Swheat but do have my fingers crossed that this will be an interesting project for me......if I live that long smile


Hey Lynne! Can't wait to see pics of yours smile

post #23 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmicasa1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheat 

I have had some solid white chick hatch from my F2 eggs.  I was baffled at first and didn't know where the white chicks were coming from. I will be using them also just to see what may come from them.  I am not really sure how these came about.  I think PFF replied on my thread I posted when I was getting the white chicks.  wwmicasa1 have you had any white chicks hatch from you F2's ?


Yes, I do have a few white chicks. However, they do have some splotches of black. Do yours??? Eager to see how they color up smile


So far only solid white, but still have some that are very young and I think I had a couple hatch that are still in the incubator.  I'll keep you posted.

Bantams: Cochins, Rosecombs, Silkies Geese: Sebastopol, Buff Dewlap Toulouse, White African Ducks: Call, Muscovy  Peafowl: Purple, Opal, Cameo Silver Pied   NPIP 64-1039

 

      The Bantam Barn

Reply

Bantams: Cochins, Rosecombs, Silkies Geese: Sebastopol, Buff Dewlap Toulouse, White African Ducks: Call, Muscovy  Peafowl: Purple, Opal, Cameo Silver Pied   NPIP 64-1039

 

      The Bantam Barn

Reply
post #24 of 152

OK, here are pics of one of my roos, Little John.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18946_crele_project_004.jpg
Little John F1.  It is hard to  see the buff barred coloring in his hackle feathers, but it is there.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18946_crele_project_003.jpg
Another view

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18946_crele_project_010.jpg
Close up of his hackle feathers.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18946_crele_project_002.jpg
These are the F 2  chicks from my other roo, Sunny Bono. I think they are both pullets.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18946_crele_project_008.jpg
Here is the pic of the white chicks (also F2 & from Sunny Bono).  If you look closely, you can see that there are small dots of black in various places. I think these are both cockerels.

Little John's chicks are due next week.

Lynne: Wingshadows Hacienda, Warner Springs CA
Mille Fleur, Calico, Black Mottled & Buff Barred Bantam Cochins,  MF, Blue & Black Mottled D'Uccle, Lemon Blue LF Cochins, Crele Project Bantam Cochins
www.localharvest.org/listing.jsp?id=11467
Like me on:  https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Wingshadows-Hacienda/223900187662937

Reply

Lynne: Wingshadows Hacienda, Warner Springs CA
Mille Fleur, Calico, Black Mottled & Buff Barred Bantam Cochins,  MF, Blue & Black Mottled D'Uccle, Lemon Blue LF Cochins, Crele Project Bantam Cochins
www.localharvest.org/listing.jsp?id=11467
Like me on:  https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Wingshadows-Hacienda/223900187662937

Reply
post #25 of 152

I LOVE the way that buff hen is "sneaking" into the picture! big_smile

3 DS, 1 DD, 1 Wonderful DH and of course...

CHICKEN FEVER

 

http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/jeneric-farms-swap-page

Reply

3 DS, 1 DD, 1 Wonderful DH and of course...

CHICKEN FEVER

 

http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/jeneric-farms-swap-page

Reply
post #26 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmicasa1 

OK, here are pics of one of my roos, Little John.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18946_crele_project_004.jpg
Little John F1.  It is hard to  see the buff barred coloring in his hackle feathers, but it is there.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18946_crele_project_003.jpg
Another view

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18946_crele_project_010.jpg
Close up of his hackle feathers.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18946_crele_project_002.jpg
These are the F 2  chicks from my other roo, Sunny Bono. I think they are both pullets.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18946_crele_project_008.jpg
Here is the pic of the white chicks (also F2 & from Sunny Bono).  If you look closely, you can see that there are small dots of black in various places. I think these are both cockerels.

Little John's chicks are due next week.


Lynne, Little John is just marvelous!  What fantastic type!  Bravo!  clap
And just look at the foot feathering on those little Crele chicklets!!

~Gail~ My 2003 Mid-Life Crisis:  My small backyard flock of Bantams:  Coopa Cabana Cochins!  In 2013, my focus will be to continue working to improve my Golden Laced Bantam Cochins - the Midas Project!
Got Cochins?  Want Cochins?  Check out the
2012 Cochin Breeders Directory!
NPIP #84-111.  Member ABA; Cochins International; Rocky Mountain Feather Fanciers.

Reply

~Gail~ My 2003 Mid-Life Crisis:  My small backyard flock of Bantams:  Coopa Cabana Cochins!  In 2013, my focus will be to continue working to improve my Golden Laced Bantam Cochins - the Midas Project!
Got Cochins?  Want Cochins?  Check out the
2012 Cochin Breeders Directory!
NPIP #84-111.  Member ABA; Cochins International; Rocky Mountain Feather Fanciers.

Reply
post #27 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopa Cabana 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmicasa1 

OK, here are pics of one of my roos, Little John.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18946_crele_project_004.jpg
Little John F1.  It is hard to  see the buff barred coloring in his hackle feathers, but it is there.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18946_crele_project_003.jpg
Another view

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18946_crele_project_010.jpg
Close up of his hackle feathers.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18946_crele_project_002.jpg
These are the F 2  chicks from my other roo, Sunny Bono. I think they are both pullets.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18946_crele_project_008.jpg
Here is the pic of the white chicks (also F2 & from Sunny Bono).  If you look closely, you can see that there are small dots of black in various places. I think these are both cockerels.

Little John's chicks are due next week.


Lynne, Little John is just marvelous!  What fantastic type!  Bravo!  clap
And just look at the foot feathering on those little Crele chicklets!!


Thank you for the compliments, Gail. Now the hard part begins, waiting to see what these chicks turn into fl  But I guess if a project were "easy", it wouldn't be as exciting smile

Lynne: Wingshadows Hacienda, Warner Springs CA
Mille Fleur, Calico, Black Mottled & Buff Barred Bantam Cochins,  MF, Blue & Black Mottled D'Uccle, Lemon Blue LF Cochins, Crele Project Bantam Cochins
www.localharvest.org/listing.jsp?id=11467
Like me on:  https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Wingshadows-Hacienda/223900187662937

Reply

Lynne: Wingshadows Hacienda, Warner Springs CA
Mille Fleur, Calico, Black Mottled & Buff Barred Bantam Cochins,  MF, Blue & Black Mottled D'Uccle, Lemon Blue LF Cochins, Crele Project Bantam Cochins
www.localharvest.org/listing.jsp?id=11467
Like me on:  https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Wingshadows-Hacienda/223900187662937

Reply
post #28 of 152

I came across this thread and was wondering if my Rooster would be a good candidate for a crele breeding program. My husband would probably kill me if I tried to start up another breeding program but I just had to ask after seeing what everyone else is doing.

Here are some pictures of my guy. He was sold to me as a Blue Barred Bantam Cochin.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/69553_47699367699c6a4537e7a.jpg

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/69553_blue_cuckoo_cochin.jpg

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/69553_img_2508.jpg

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/69553_img00588.jpg

IF my Roo does have potential ( and my husband wouldn't kill me, that ones a long shot for sure ) what colored hen would I want to breed him with??? Buff?? Red?? Wheaten??? Love to hear your thoughts.

Prism Poultry - breeding birds of a different color
Reply
Prism Poultry - breeding birds of a different color
Reply
post #29 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism Poultry 

I came across this thread and was wondering if my Rooster would be a good candidate for a crele breeding program. My husband would probably kill me if I tried to start up another breeding program but I just had to ask after seeing what everyone else is doing.

Here are some pictures of my guy. He was sold to me as a Blue Barred Bantam Cochin.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/69553_47699367699c6a4537e7a.jpg

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/69553_blue_cuckoo_cochin.jpg

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/69553_img_2508.jpg

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/69553_img00588.jpg

IF my Roo does have potential ( and my husband wouldn't kill me, that ones a long shot for sure ) what colored hen would I want to breed him with??? Buff?? Red?? Wheaten??? Love to hear your thoughts.


Very pretty Roo ! I would believe he is a candidate! I would breed him with all 3 varieties you mentioned...hehehehe   And see what produces ep    BLUE CRELE droolin

Bantams: Cochins, Rosecombs, Silkies Geese: Sebastopol, Buff Dewlap Toulouse, White African Ducks: Call, Muscovy  Peafowl: Purple, Opal, Cameo Silver Pied   NPIP 64-1039

 

      The Bantam Barn

Reply

Bantams: Cochins, Rosecombs, Silkies Geese: Sebastopol, Buff Dewlap Toulouse, White African Ducks: Call, Muscovy  Peafowl: Purple, Opal, Cameo Silver Pied   NPIP 64-1039

 

      The Bantam Barn

Reply
post #30 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheat 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism Poultry 

I came across this thread and was wondering if my Rooster would be a good candidate for a crele breeding program. My husband would probably kill me if I tried to start up another breeding program but I just had to ask after seeing what everyone else is doing.

Here are some pictures of my guy. He was sold to me as a Blue Barred Bantam Cochin.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/69553_47699367699c6a4537e7a.jpg

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/69553_blue_cuckoo_cochin.jpg

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/69553_img_2508.jpg

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/69553_img00588.jpg

IF my Roo does have potential ( and my husband wouldn't kill me, that ones a long shot for sure ) what colored hen would I want to breed him with??? Buff?? Red?? Wheaten??? Love to hear your thoughts.


Very pretty Roo ! I would believe he is a candidate! I would breed him with all 3 varieties you mentioned...hehehehe   And see what produces ep    BLUE CRELE droolin


Ha Ha. Well I don't actually own a red hen. I have the buff and the wheaten but no red. I do have a very nice partridge hen but I don't know if that would help or hinder.

Here are some pictures of my partridge hen, Rose.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/69553_memory_card_1288.jpg

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/69553_memory_card_1289.jpg

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/69553_memory_card_1290.jpg

Would she be a good cross for him??


Edited by Prism Poultry - 10/12/10 at 11:02pm
Prism Poultry - breeding birds of a different color
Reply
Prism Poultry - breeding birds of a different color
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General breed discussions & FAQ
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › General breed discussions & FAQ › Crele Bantam Cochin Project