Hello, this will be my first time i have kept chickens, and i am unsure of what chicken breed to get.
I wont 4 hens. They will be kept in a 8 by 8 ft shed and will be allows about 40 by 30 ft worth of room in my garden during the day.
I wont my chickens to be:
* Friendly as they will be around young children.
* They should be easy and cheap to keep.
* Easy to handle.
* Not able to fly over 3ft.
* Lay eggs everyday and are a good size.
* hardy to cold and a generally healthy birds.
* Fairly common breed/easy and cheap to obtain
I live in Lancashire, England.
Also, the outdoor area i am allowing them to roam around in is covered in stones, would this be a problem for the chickens?
All comments appreciated.
Edited by Luke10 - 10/27/10 at 3:14pm