If she is like my avatar bird, expect eggs between 4 and 5 months of age.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Tiny Beauties,PLEASE tell me what These are!!!!! Last post on 8/1/13 at 10:35pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Silkied Serama Last post on 8/29/16 at 7:25am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Serama Serama Straight Feathered Silkied Frizzled Sizzled BootedLast edited: 5/6/12
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
American serama thread! - Page 2270post #22692 of 2536712/10/15 at 4:19pmQuote:
what do you meanSerama lover~ My birds; 2 class A serama pullets, one of them Silkied, 3 smooth serama rooster, and two black Austrolorp hens Pm Me if you want a serama Cockerel!Serama lover~ My birds; 2 class A serama pullets, one of them Silkied, 3 smooth serama rooster, and two black Austrolorp hens Pm Me if you want a serama Cockerel!post #22693 of 2536712/10/15 at 5:14pmpost #22694 of 2536712/10/15 at 5:43pmQuote:
That is really fast... I have never let a broody brood eggs before... Next one I probably willSerama lover~ My birds; 2 class A serama pullets, one of them Silkied, 3 smooth serama rooster, and two black Austrolorp hens Pm Me if you want a serama Cockerel!post #22695 of 2536712/10/15 at 8:28pmpost #22696 of 2536712/11/15 at 5:02ampost #22697 of 2536712/11/15 at 5:06amQuote:
Your hen is beautiful! All three of my serama hens started to lay when the chicks were about a month old. What was odd is that the hens continued to care for their chicks for a few days after they started to lay. I have never seen chickens do that before.post #22698 of 2536712/11/15 at 5:24amQuote:
If my hens only have 2 chicks, they don't seem to ever chase them away.
Gyda is still hanging out with her 2 month old pair of chicks.
Lagertha still sleeps every night with both wings over her 3 & 1/2 month old chicks.post #22699 of 2536712/11/15 at 5:38amQuote:
Serama sure are different and a great deal of fun. My hens did finally drive the chicks away. One of my silkies, the one that hatched the avatar hen, allowed that one chick into her nest after she started to brood for the second time. The avatar hen was a great deal smaller than her siblings and she slept for a long time under her silkie mother who was brooding eggs.post #22700 of 2536712/11/15 at 6:03am
- Cloverleaf Farm
- › Chicken Breed Focus - Delaware 8 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 17 seconds ago
- › Hi from South Africa! 29 seconds ago
- › Greetings to all! 1 minute ago
- › Best crosses 3 minutes ago
- › Hello all. 3 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 3 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 5 minutes ago
- › Lets count to a million 6 minutes ago
- › Please help me ASAP! !! 11 minutes ago
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.