Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Tiny Beauties,PLEASE tell me what These are!!!!! Last post on 8/1/13 at 10:35pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Silkied Serama Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Serama Serama Straight Feathered Silkied Frizzled Sizzled BootedLast edited: 5/6/12
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
American serama thread! - Page 2378post #23772 of 253703/3/16 at 7:34pmBack right is the tribble, the other four are Mille fleur bantam Cochins. They are my main project and getting better with each generation! Ignore the food, I cleaned their cage about five minutes ago and the big girls scratched it out immediately XD
Edited by MadamPoofyBrow - 3/3/16 at 7:34pmpost #23773 of 253703/3/16 at 7:38pm
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 15 Seramas, 1 duccles, 10 layer birds! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we are NPIP certified!post #23774 of 253703/3/16 at 8:04pmQuote:
You totally need one! I've had a lot of chickens and the bantam Cochins are by far the sweetest! My first pair was an impulse buy. They were cute and the breeder said they were excellent quality. So I got them and later learned she was right about the quality. Really great impulse buy, four years later I've got a large flock and love it!post #23775 of 253703/3/16 at 8:19pmQuote:I will definitely be looking for some. Do you know if any good breeders that have birds for a reasonable price(I can't spend a couple hundred dollars) and they don't have to be show quality either.Originally Posted by MadamPoofyBrow
You totally need one! I've had a lot of chickens and the bantam Cochins are by far the sweetest! My first pair was an impulse buy. They were cute and the breeder said they were excellent quality. So I got them and later learned she was right about the quality. Really great impulse buy, four years later I've got a large flock and love it!
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 15 Seramas, 1 duccles, 10 layer birds! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we are NPIP certified!post #23776 of 253703/3/16 at 8:57pmpost #23777 of 253703/3/16 at 8:58pmQuote:I'll buy them off you don't cull them there innocentOriginally Posted by nchls school
I have read many posts recently that talk of crosses between serama and other breeds. I understand the curiosity and the wondering what a certain cross would look like as I have often wondered about the breeds I have. But what happens in the times to come. Many of these crosses will be sold or given away. And what will those people do? I think its a sure thing that some of these crosses will be used as pure serama and eggs/chicks will be sold to the unwary. People...like me... I feel certain that some of the eggs I got were from cross breeds. Not just "pet quality" but crossbreeds; they had no serama characteristics at all-just small indiscernible bantams that had to be culled.post #23778 of 253703/3/16 at 9:16pm
It sounds like nchls school was talking about something that already happened, in the past. Additionally, many times when people use the word "cull" they don't mean kill. The word is used any time one is removing birds from their flock, whether that's killing them, selling them, giving away, etc.post #23779 of 253703/3/16 at 9:22pm
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 15 Seramas, 1 duccles, 10 layer birds! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we are NPIP certified!post #23780 of 253703/3/16 at 9:23pm
- Cloverleaf Farm
- › Black Australorp Rooster 23 seconds ago
- › Need help?? 24 seconds ago
- › White Ameraucana photos? 30 seconds ago
- › BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win! 34 seconds ago
- › Sex- linked Information 1 minute ago
- › breed and gender 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 1 minute ago
- › My Pet Chicken Ghoulish Giveaway! 1 minute ago
- › breed and gender please 1 minute ago
- › Most Intelligent Peep! 🐔🐓🐤 2 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Metro Boston
- › Mia HammAndEggs & her sisters
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House