With the right conditions chicken eggs will keep for a month or even a bit longer. The two week idea is just a guideline. However I would never want eggs to get that aged if it can be avoided; fresh is better!
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Tiny Beauties,PLEASE tell me what These are!!!!! Last post on 8/1/13 at 10:35pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Silkied Serama Last post on Yesterday at 2:56 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Serama Serama Straight Feathered Silkied Frizzled Sizzled BootedLast edited: 5/6/12
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
American serama thread! - Page 2438post #24371 of 253704/15/16 at 7:20amQuote:
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #24372 of 253704/15/16 at 2:32pm
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 26 Seramas, 1 duccles, 6 layer bird! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we can ship birds soon!post #24373 of 253704/16/16 at 5:03amQuote:
Yes, I've done the same in the past. So far, I haven't tried that with the serama.post #24374 of 253704/16/16 at 6:52pmOk I'm caught up, I had a hen go broody yesterday. I have one of my own serama eggs in there plus 8 from shahtir101. Super exited for chicks!Serama lover~ My birds; 2 class A serama pullets, one of them Silkied, 3 smooth serama rooster, and two black Austrolorp hens Pm Me if you want a serama Cockerel!Serama lover~ My birds; 2 class A serama pullets, one of them Silkied, 3 smooth serama rooster, and two black Austrolorp hens Pm Me if you want a serama Cockerel!post #24375 of 253704/16/16 at 8:15pm
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 26 Seramas, 1 duccles, 6 layer bird! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we can ship birds soon!post #24376 of 253704/16/16 at 8:16pmI had a hen go broody today, so I transferred 10 eggs from the incubator for her to sit on. I have her all the eggs from herself, so she will have all her biological children😂
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 26 Seramas, 1 duccles, 6 layer bird! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we can ship birds soon!post #24377 of 253704/16/16 at 9:32pmQuote:
Lol that's awesomeSerama lover~ My birds; 2 class A serama pullets, one of them Silkied, 3 smooth serama rooster, and two black Austrolorp hens Pm Me if you want a serama Cockerel!post #24378 of 253704/17/16 at 5:31ampost #24379 of 253704/17/16 at 5:34amQuote:
Good luck!!! In my opinion broody hens are more reliable. Seven serama chicks from seven eggs hatched for me yesterday.post #24380 of 253704/17/16 at 8:17am
- Cloverleaf Farm
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 2 minutes ago
- › White eye discharge 10 minutes ago
- › Pheasant aging 11 minutes ago
- › Male or Females 23 minutes ago
- › Just got a pair of Australorps and both look a bit worst for wares 26 minutes ago
- › African goose, male or female? 31 minutes ago
- › New Colours 35 minutes ago
- › Legal Elimination of Hawks and Owls 38 minutes ago
- › The Old Folks Home 48 minutes ago
- › My Pet Chicken Ghoulish Giveaway! 54 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.