Yeah just 2 this time. But I'm happy. I did hatch out 3 lavenders and 3 jubilee's with them
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on 4/9/16 at 3:15am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- hatchery vs. breeders (heritage breeds) Last post on 1/18/15 at 9:10pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Crevecours Last post on 3/28/12 at 5:55pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Buff Orpington, Australorps, Welsummers and Plymouth Rock?? Last post on 4/10/14 at 6:05am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- OrpingtonLast edited: 9/20/08
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Orpington Black Blue SplashLast edited: 1/10/12
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
Chocolate Orpingtons - Page 26post #252 of 32410/11/15 at 5:17am
I have 9 chocolate orps that are 3 weeks old now. I also have 10 lavender orps. The lavender orps are feathering up nicely. However, the chocolates have just a few wing feathers and are still mostly fluff. I contacted the breeder, Chicken Scratch Poultry, and was told that the chocolate orps feather really slowly and would be "naked" for a while. Has anybody ever heard of this? I thought I researched this pretty well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.post #253 of 32410/11/15 at 2:01pm
Please post pictures.post #254 of 32410/11/15 at 7:42pmpost #255 of 32410/14/15 at 4:02pm
I have noticed that my chocolates feather rather slowly; a couple are 3 mo. old and still have few feathers on their breasts. I have raised LF Cochins and the fill in (and out) slowly too.
The big breeds teach patience.
Edited by mjgigax - 10/14/15 at 4:03pmHusband, 4 cats, 1 dog, Bantam Cochins; Self-Blue project, Mille Fleur project, Blue Copper Marans, Showgirls, Chocolate OrpingtonsHusband, 4 cats, 1 dog, Bantam Cochins; Self-Blue project, Mille Fleur project, Blue Copper Marans, Showgirls, Chocolate Orpingtonspost #256 of 32410/15/15 at 2:37pmQuote:
This hen has exceptionally big eyes. She has a lovely rise on her rump feathers and her coloring is really nice!post #257 of 32410/15/15 at 2:41pmI have a pullet just getting ready to lay. She is by far my FAVORITE chocolate yet. Her comb is perfect and her carriage is roomy. Her tail feathers are everything I have been wanting! I can't wait to breed her and hopefully make more. She is the first chick I hatched from her parents of such superiority out of 35! Now I know why folks hatch so many and cull so much.
I have two sisters that came out looking American Standard! Moving them to the egg farm side. Anyone out there breeding American Standard Chocolates?
Heading out now to take some pics to post.post #258 of 32410/28/15 at 10:02pmpost #259 of 32410/28/15 at 10:37pmpost #260 of 32412/12/15 at 8:33am
- Farm Daze
- › Vermont 1 minute ago
- › California-Southern 7 minutes ago
- › post your chicken coop pictures here! 9 minutes ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 10 minutes ago
- › Silkie limping 10 minutes ago
- › BR Turkey nest boxes 11 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower Hen Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Too Many Males 14 minutes ago
- › Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread! 15 minutes ago
- › The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome! 19 minutes ago
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.