We are no longer using this anti-spam system. It has been retired with the conversion to the new platform.
If you are having problems posting please start a new topic with VERY detailed answers to these questions:
• What is the URL of the page that you got the error or had problems?
• Did you receive any error messages? if yes, what were they (please copy and paste the entire message, screenshots are best)?
• What were the exact steps you took before having the problem? Please be as specific as possible so we can do exactly what you did.
• How long has it been happening? If only one time, what day and time did it happen?
• Which browser and version are you using (eg., Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 7, etc.)
• Have you logged out, deleted your internet cache, logged back in, and tried again?
• Have you tried a different browser?
• Have you tried a different computer?
Over the past 6 days all the BYC family of forums have been hit hard with spam... LOTS of spam. In fact, in just the first 12 hours of the day today 250 spammers signed up on BYC alone!
Thanks to the amazing work of our moderators and the reports from our members we've been able to remove most of the spam and spammers.
We've also been implementing a few different systems to stop, or at least slow down the spammers from free access to posting their junk on BYC and the sister sites. Some of those systems are behind the scenes and some may impact new members.
Until we feel very comfortable that the spammers have chosen a new place in which to play, we'll have a few restrictions in place for brand new members.
Starting now, if you are a brand new member you will NOT be able to:
1) Post links or pictures
2) Create a signature or post an avatar
Once you are no longer "new" (which is determined by our system) you'll be able to freely post links and images and update your entire profile.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but it is one of the trade-offs we must put in place to keep BYC running smoothly and clean for all of our wonderful members and visitors!
Thank you for your support of our amazing community!
If you have problems accessing BYC, posting, etc. please let us know!