remind me again on what you ended up with.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching
Last edited: 10/12/16
- Hatching Eggs And Raising ChicksLast edited: 12/10/15
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
- Hatching Eggs And Raising Chicks
Texas - Page 3894
Super busy this time of year & internet signal not as strong. Miss getting on. Hope to get some more BYC time soon.
Hope all is well with everyone. Thank you for checking on me.
Good day to all!
I wish I could have some! I have three quail instead haha. But I have big plans for my property.
There is a 36'x32' Layer chicken yard with a layer coop built out of a recycled camper. An area for a pool, then a 8'x16' pigeon aviary, a 12'x16' patio, and a 4'x16' pond next to it all in the back yard.
Now 20' in front of the house is where all the pens, shop, kennels, coops, barn and garden are.
There will be a 20'x40' car and tool shop for clay, with a 12' wide carport extension from the shop, next to that is the 56'x32' garden. Now behind the garden and shop we have quail and rabbit pens. There will be 12 pens that are 12'x16', these are the doe pens, they will house a pair of does and their kits till they are sold or old enough to butcher. There will be 6 buck pens that are 8'x12' to house a single buck. As for the quail pens there will be 6 that are 4'x8' and 9 that are 8'x8'. The smaller pens are for special breeds that need to be kept on pairs or trios, while the larger are for growing to butcher/sale and for coturnix quail colonies.
Across from these is the poultry house, and the dog kennels. There are two storage rooms in the poultry co-op that are 4'x8', one is for supply storage, and the other is for a brooder and incubator room. There are 8 coops, all 4'x8' in size. Each one contains a different breed of chicken, and two are used for turkeys and ducks. The chickens have runs that will be 32'x8', while the turkeys and ducks will have a run that is 32'x16'. The dog kennels are in their own little building that connects to the back yard. There are a total of 9 kennels. 4 are for female dogs that will be getting bred and are larger, they will be 8'x12'. 5 kennels are 8'x8' and these will be for stud dogs or boarders if I need to watch anyone's dogs or do some fostering. There is also a bathing area/storage area that is 8'x12'.
Last but not least is the sheep and goat barn, it will be 28'x40', with a 12'x24' storage area for hay, feed, and other misc for the goats, sheep, quail, and rabbits. The other space in the barn is for the goats and sheep, it will have two doors that lead to two separate pastures, each being 138'x65', so that we can rotate pastures to give the grass a rest.
Now I am jealous! What a well-thought out plan. You are going to be one busy lady! I wish you the best of luck in getting everything in place. I hope you keep us posted on what is happening.
- › mixed breeds...Good layers? 8 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 34 seconds ago
- › Crossbeak getting picked on? 1 minute ago
- › New Bird Sick 2 minutes ago
- › Quotes and thoughts for the day 2 minutes ago
- › Hatching eggs in November 3 minutes ago
- › Mealworm farming 4 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 5 minutes ago
- › Blue egg genetics? 5 minutes ago
- › Fox Field Farm Flock 5 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page