Thanks, stefzbiz. I just called them and they said it sounds like they added extra pullets. Said if were males for warmth, they would have looked like completely different chicks (color wise) than the ones I ordered. I tossed my packaging slip for some silly reason so I had nothing to refer to. Looks like I lucked out with extra pullets!
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on 4/9/16 at 3:15am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- hatchery vs. breeders (heritage breeds) Last post on 1/18/15 at 9:10pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Crevecours Last post on 3/28/12 at 5:55pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Buff Orpington, Australorps, Welsummers and Plymouth Rock?? Last post on 4/10/14 at 6:05am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- OrpingtonLast edited: 9/20/08
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Orpington Black Blue SplashLast edited: 1/10/12
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act like a pet...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
Ideal Poultry! - Page 58
Poll Results: Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?
574 Total Votes
31% (182)I ordered and already got my birds.
20% (115)I ordered and I am awaiting my order!
15% (88)I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.
28% (162)No. (This option is for Illia ;-)
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #572 of 5871/8/16 at 10:24ampost #573 of 5871/8/16 at 10:40amQuote:
I ordered about two years ago. Very disappointed.
This was a second chance for Ideal. I got bad birds twice from them.
In my Crested assortment I got about half Sultans and the other half was Polish but the majority were buff laced. Only one blue and one black in the bunch. Out of the 25 I ultimately got after they all died mysteriously of unknown causes. I raised one Sultan pullet.
I have raised many many chicks and was quite successful but with the two shipments from Ideal I lost everything but the one pullet.post #574 of 5871/8/16 at 11:54ampost #575 of 5871/10/16 at 7:41pm
I will never order anything from Ideal again. I ordered the surprise special and paid more for sexed pullets. I ordered 40 pullets, and I also ordered 10 welsummers. They sent exactly 50 birds and 6 were dead on arrival. They sent another 6. That's not my issue. My issue is that I paid for pullets and there is no way these birds were sexed. I ended up with a little over 30 boys and my welsummers are actually brown leghorns, I can tell this by the ear lobes. No joke. The whole reason I ordered pullets was for my existing roos. They needed more hens.
So, I had to process a lot more birds including all but one of the boys I had because the hens I already had were too stressed and wouldn't lay because they were over mated.
I don't have a problem with roosters, obviously I love them enough to order 10 hens for them each and this was after I parted with all that I could, but felt too attached to the ones that stayed. BUT there is no way I was going to order over 300 more pullets and then end up with another 250 roos.
Disappointed is an understatement. I was expecting at least 20% to be boys but not that many. Geez. As you guys can tell I'm still mad about it.post #576 of 5871/11/16 at 7:19ampost #577 of 5873/2/16 at 4:04pmpost #578 of 5873/2/16 at 4:15pmpost #579 of 5873/2/16 at 4:54pmpost #580 of 5875/24/16 at 3:09pm
- Farm Daze
- › Granny's gone and done it again 1 second ago
- › hen limping on one foot 2 seconds ago
- › I don't know what's wrong with my hen! 21 seconds ago
- › should i keep a cock in small flock 37 seconds ago
- › What's my pretty boy? 43 seconds ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 58 seconds ago
- › What kind of roos? Can't decide from pics? 1 minute ago
- › Panda Type Quail 1 minute ago
- › blood pheasants 1 minute ago
- › How duck & geese feet are designed not to freeze 1 minute ago
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.