Recent Images In This Thread
- itemEaster Eggerstagged by aoxa, 6/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Percentages of different breeds in my crosses Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:51am in Random Ramblings
- Contest #7 Most Striking Domestic MALE Fowl Contest 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long! Last post on 5/4/14 at 10:04am in Hatch-A-Longs
- Easter Egger Extravaganza! Ends March 1st! Last post on 3/4/14 at 11:10am in Online Poultry Show
- What Gender are they? : 5 week old- Two EE One BO One BR Last post on 6/9/14 at 9:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Double Laced Partridge "House"
Last edited: 5/21/14
- Easter Egger Chicks in My ShedLast edited: 5/14/13
- Easter Eggers Golden By Chicken FrenzieLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers Barred Black Olive EggersLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers GoldenLast edited: 1/10/12
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included* - Page 1005post #10042 of 1174310/16/15 at 3:31pmpost #10043 of 1174310/16/15 at 3:58pm
No doubt on either. Great pictures, by the way!
A mind is like a door. Keep it open and something might get in.
A mind is like a door. Keep it open and something might get in.post #10044 of 1174310/16/15 at 4:37pmpost #10045 of 1174310/16/15 at 5:33pmpost #10046 of 1174310/16/15 at 5:36pmpost #10047 of 1174310/16/15 at 5:37pmpost #10048 of 1174310/16/15 at 5:46pmpost #10049 of 1174310/16/15 at 5:46pmpost #10050 of 1174310/16/15 at 6:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by leahkat
OK I think one day they are deffinately cockerel then the next day I am 99% sure they are pullets. The other ones were very easy to tell but these two are odd balls they still have patchy spots that are not completely feathered in. And then I noticed the saddle feathers on #2 looked long and pointy. To me #1 comb looks iffy it doesn't have the one straight row of peas like the other ones. It's wider also it has a dry patchy spot right on the comb where u wondered if it was from pecking or possibly dry pox? These are my first chickens so I have no clue.
I don't see anything in the photos that looks like pox. #2 has some funky saddle feathers, but they are rounded, and it looks like she's going through a juvenile molt.
Red/gold based colored males will always get the dark red shoulder patches. If there isn't any dark red by 8 to 10 weeks old, it's safe to say pullet.
- Easter Egger Chicks in My Shed
- › *In the Arctic* A Fox RP 56 seconds ago
- › Serious moulting or something else? 2 minutes ago
- › Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Multiple sick chickens 10 minutes ago
- › RodNTN's chat thread! 13 minutes ago
- › silkie sexing 14 minutes ago
- › Fall/Autumn Poultry PHOTO Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 14 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 14 minutes ago
- › Minnesota! 15 minutes ago
- › Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST! 15 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale