These are probably all males, considering the amount of comb development they have already.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemEaster Eggerstagged by aoxa, 6/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Percentages of different breeds in my crosses Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:51am in Random Ramblings
- Contest #7 Most Striking Domestic MALE Fowl Contest 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long! Last post on 5/4/14 at 10:04am in Hatch-A-Longs
- Easter Egger Extravaganza! Ends March 1st! Last post on 3/4/14 at 11:10am in Online Poultry Show
- What Gender are they? : 5 week old- Two EE One BO One BR Last post on 6/9/14 at 9:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Double Laced Partridge "House"
Last edited: 5/21/14
- Easter Egger Chicks in My ShedLast edited: 5/14/13
- Easter Eggers Golden By Chicken FrenzieLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers Barred Black Olive EggersLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers GoldenLast edited: 1/10/12
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included* - Page 1025post #10242 of 117521/21/16 at 10:46amQuote:
I agree, though I think the top one has a cushion comb, or walnut, it's allover bumpy. Not rows like a pea comb or flat like a rose comb.post #10243 of 117521/21/16 at 12:14pmQuote:
Do you know what breed the parents were? And age of chicks? Those don't look like pea combs, but they do look pretty large.post #10244 of 117521/21/16 at 1:06pmpost #10245 of 117521/21/16 at 1:27pm
To me, some of those combs have a strong Wyandotte influence, and in my very limited experience, those are harder to sex than more typical pea combs. Just turning 3 weeks today, they are pretty young, but male feather coloring might show up by next week, if you can post new pics. Any guess on my part at this point would really just be guessing, even though the combs do look large for the age. Except for maybe the last one, which looks like a male pea comb.post #10246 of 117521/21/16 at 7:11pmpost #10247 of 117521/22/16 at 8:29ampost #10248 of 117521/25/16 at 5:14am
These three are technically not EE's, they are BBS Ameraucana. But the pea combs are suggesting to me that the black one and the darker blue one are roosters and the slightly lighter blue one is a pullet. They are about 14 and a half weeks.Educator, wife, mother, cat-lover, and keeper of Leghorns, Marans, RIR, Ameraucanas, Salmon Faverolles, Silkies, and Easter Eggers, plus various other mixed breeds.Educator, wife, mother, cat-lover, and keeper of Leghorns, Marans, RIR, Ameraucanas, Salmon Faverolles, Silkies, and Easter Eggers, plus various other mixed breeds.post #10249 of 117521/25/16 at 6:29amQuote:
The black one has male saddle feathering. The blue one is male also. He's got a darker shade of blue on the wings/shoulder and has male hackle feathers visible.post #10250 of 117521/25/16 at 7:05am
- Easter Egger Chicks in My Shed
- › Quail Foot Problems on Wire Cage 8 seconds ago
- › Hatching in hova bator 10 seconds ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 26 seconds ago
- › hen with swollen abdomen 34 seconds ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 1 minute ago
- › Males or females?! 1 minute ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 2 minutes ago
- › Incubater or broody hen 2 minutes ago
- › Show off your ducks! 2 minutes ago
- › Bully girls:( 2 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.