Recent Images In This Thread
- itemEaster Eggerstagged by aoxa, 6/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Percentages of different breeds in my crosses Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:51am in Random Ramblings
- Contest #7 Most Striking Domestic MALE Fowl Contest 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long! Last post on 5/4/14 at 10:04am in Hatch-A-Longs
- Easter Egger Extravaganza! Ends March 1st! Last post on 3/4/14 at 11:10am in Online Poultry Show
- What Gender are they? : 5 week old- Two EE One BO One BR Last post on 6/9/14 at 9:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Double Laced Partridge "House"
Last edited: 5/21/14
- Easter Egger Chicks in My ShedLast edited: 5/14/13
- Easter Eggers Golden By Chicken FrenzieLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers Barred Black Olive EggersLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers GoldenLast edited: 1/10/12
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included* - Page 1068post #10672 of 117574/5/16 at 2:10pmpost #10673 of 117574/5/16 at 3:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by mommaxcate
Okay, so i was attempting to read through this thread for hours, finally gave up and decided to post! I have 2 EE and am a first timer. They were "supposed" to be sexed pullets but we'll see!
As far as personalities go they are both calm and do not mind being handled, however the black one is a TALKER and will jabber non stop. They are fine together but I had to separate them from our other 3 chicks (same age give or take a few days) because the Wyandotte picked their backs bloody (however she leaves the others alone.)
I am one of the most inexperienced with guessing EE's but want to get my official vote in for future evaluation. I say Nova looks quite girly to me but .....Peach has what looks like 3 rows starting to show in the comb that and other things make me think rooster. Let us know how it goes!2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Production Reds, 1 Brahma and 2 Easter Eggers and 3 Herding dogs and one amazing husband that keeps us all housed and happy.2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Production Reds, 1 Brahma and 2 Easter Eggers and 3 Herding dogs and one amazing husband that keeps us all housed and happy.post #10674 of 117574/5/16 at 3:15pmpost #10675 of 117574/5/16 at 3:23pmpost #10676 of 117574/5/16 at 4:03pmpost #10677 of 117574/5/16 at 4:10pmpost #10678 of 117574/5/16 at 4:10pmpost #10679 of 117574/5/16 at 4:11pmQuote:
The single ridge on both their combs is a female trait. Male combs usually look bumpier, fatter, and appear to have 3 parallel ridges of bumps. Males combs will start turning pink usually around 6-8 weeks, while females stay pale until about 16weeks.
The even color pattern on both your chicks is a female trait. Males will get patches of solid red (or white if a blk/wht pattern) that disrupt the even pattern on the wings. This usually happens at 6-8 weeks, unless you have a late bloomer.post #10680 of 117574/5/16 at 4:11pmQuote:
First signs of a cockerel would be dark red on the shoulder/wing area and the comb will start to pink up much earlier than pullets.
- Easter Egger Chicks in My Shed
- › Granny's gone and done it again 16 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 17 seconds ago
- › Need help identifying 34 seconds ago
- › BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win! 1 minute ago
- › Cocci treatment.. Need advice please 1 minute ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 2 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEGG Decorating Contest- Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 2 minutes ago
- › NY chicken lover!!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Official BYC Contest - Chicken and Egg Recipes - Win a BYC Cookbook! 2 minutes ago
- › Late ducks. 2 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page