Then the Splash cockerel is useless for colorful chicks. He's probably extended black on both sides of the gene pool. He's good if you want to pass on that Blue gene, but it looks like that hen has a Blue gene herself.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemEaster Eggerstagged by aoxa, 6/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Percentages of different breeds in my crosses Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:51am in Random Ramblings
- Contest #7 Most Striking Domestic MALE Fowl Contest 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long! Last post on 5/4/14 at 10:04am in Hatch-A-Longs
- Easter Egger Extravaganza! Ends March 1st! Last post on 3/4/14 at 11:10am in Online Poultry Show
- What Gender are they? : 5 week old- Two EE One BO One BR Last post on 6/9/14 at 9:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Double Laced Partridge "House"
Last edited: 5/21/14
- Easter Egger Chicks in My ShedLast edited: 5/14/13
- Easter Eggers Golden By Chicken FrenzieLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers Barred Black Olive EggersLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers GoldenLast edited: 1/10/12
Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included* - Page 1132post #11312 of 117526/1/16 at 7:47pm
Thank you so much for making that make sense and for helping me. Do you think this rooster might be a better choice for her?? in terms of creating diverse looking birds. He has the same dad as the splash rooster, but his mom is a Cornish cross.post #11313 of 117526/1/16 at 7:52pmQuote:
He's got a copy of dominant white. A single copy will turn any black/blue 'patterning', white. He might produce some really interesting birds, especially if paired with a hen that's not a solid Black/Blue coloring.post #11314 of 117526/1/16 at 7:55pmQuote:
Great!! Perfect. Thank you so much.post #11315 of 117526/2/16 at 4:00amI am posting my EE again. He/she is 10.5 weeks now. I do feel that the red I've seen in the comb is flushing. I have gone to the coop and watched before entering and her comb is practically yellow. I was quite surprised, since it always looks so pink when I go to feed or handle them. Maybe you all can help me come to a final conclusion."A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
Happy wife, mother to 3 wonderful kids, 2 cats, 1 dog and 28 chickens...that were originally supposed to be 8. Not sure how that happened, but we love them all!"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
Happy wife, mother to 3 wonderful kids, 2 cats, 1 dog and 28 chickens...that were originally supposed to be 8. Not sure how that happened, but we love them all!post #11316 of 117526/2/16 at 4:47ampost #11317 of 117526/2/16 at 5:08ampost #11318 of 117526/2/16 at 6:47amQuote:
He will be gorgeous. He's just going through an awkward stage. He's probably going to look a lot like this guy.
He went through an awkward stage too.post #11319 of 117526/2/16 at 8:00am
- Easter Egger Chicks in My Shed
- › Coturnix-Pics 15 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 28 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 55 seconds ago
- › October 2016 Duck Show! 1 minute ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 2 minutes ago
- › Does anyone know if my turkey a Tom or not 2 minutes ago
- › Any fermentation fans (fanatics?) here? 2 minutes ago
- › Warriors Cats FAN CLUB!!!!!!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Pokémon A to Z 2 minutes ago
- › Count as high as possible before BantamFan4Life posts! 3 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.