Recent Images In This Thread
- itemEaster Eggerstagged by aoxa, 6/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Percentages of different breeds in my crosses Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:51am in Random Ramblings
- Contest #7 Most Striking Domestic MALE Fowl Contest 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long! Last post on 5/4/14 at 10:04am in Hatch-A-Longs
- Easter Egger Extravaganza! Ends March 1st! Last post on 3/4/14 at 11:10am in Online Poultry Show
- What Gender are they? : 5 week old- Two EE One BO One BR Last post on 6/9/14 at 9:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Double Laced Partridge "House"
Last edited: 5/21/14
- Easter Egger Chicks in My ShedLast edited: 5/14/13
- Easter Eggers Golden By Chicken FrenzieLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers Barred Black Olive EggersLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers GoldenLast edited: 1/10/12
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included* - Page 1134post #11332 of 117576/4/16 at 5:28pmpost #11333 of 117576/4/16 at 6:01pmpost #11334 of 117576/4/16 at 6:29pmpost #11335 of 117576/4/16 at 7:07pmpost #11336 of 117576/4/16 at 7:08pmpost #11337 of 117576/4/16 at 8:12pmpost #11338 of 117576/5/16 at 4:17am
Any thoughts on these EE babies? They are 5 weeks old, but the top two photos have 3 rows of peas. Others only have one row of peas, but are pinker in the comb than I'm comfortable with.
Each photo collage is of ONE bird. The lighting was different for some pics, but they each have their own collage.
Tikka. He/she is turning out to be a chick tyrant. Fights almost everyone and wins. Had a staring contest with mom yesterday and won. The possible mother hens for this baby included orpington, black sex link, so the comb may be a modified pea comb/straight comb. Not pink in comb at all, but the black hackle feathers and occasional black wing/tail feathers have me a bit suspicious. Also a very large chick.
I realize it's all a crap-shoot at 5 weeks, but was hoping someone could put the 2 cockerels to rest in my mind. I would like to rehome them sooner rather than later.
Edited by kharmon320 - 6/5/16 at 4:18ampost #11339 of 117576/5/16 at 5:55ampost #11340 of 117576/5/16 at 5:57amQuote:
LOL! It doesn't help that the tail feathers haven't come in yet. I realized yesterday that mom was plucking feathers from the babies, so they have been separated. I need to go back and look at 4 week old photos to see if he/she had a small tail.
I lean towards pullet on Smudge except for the fact that the comb stays so pink. It's not red, just pink.
- Easter Egger Chicks in My Shed
- › Can't "Add a Member Page" 7 seconds ago
- › building paradise for the birds 1 minute ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Cannot add memeber page 2 minutes ago
- › A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100. 4 minutes ago
- › Barred Rock chicks 4 minutes ago
- › Wobbly chicken 4 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 4 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 6 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age