And lastly Snowball. ?? These 3 haven't attempted to crow yet so I have hope, the 3 others have done their baby version of cocka doodle doo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemEaster Eggerstagged by aoxa, 6/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Percentages of different breeds in my crosses Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:51am in Random Ramblings
- Contest #7 Most Striking Domestic MALE Fowl Contest 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long! Last post on 5/4/14 at 10:04am in Hatch-A-Longs
- Easter Egger Extravaganza! Ends March 1st! Last post on 3/4/14 at 11:10am in Online Poultry Show
- What Gender are they? : 5 week old- Two EE One BO One BR Last post on 6/9/14 at 9:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Double Laced Partridge "House"
Last edited: 5/21/14
- Easter Egger Chicks in My ShedLast edited: 5/14/13
- Easter Eggers Golden By Chicken FrenzieLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers Barred Black Olive EggersLast edited: 1/10/12
- Easter Eggers GoldenLast edited: 1/10/12
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included* - Page 1136
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #11352 of 117576/7/16 at 8:40ampost #11353 of 117576/7/16 at 8:46ampost #11354 of 117576/7/16 at 9:47amQuote:What your opinion of "enough hens to go around " I'm in a suburban setting also, what age will personality traits be clear? Tough to decide who and how many to keep. I have 4 pullets that are 7 weeks right now.Originally Posted by junebuggena
Snowball is a cockerel too.
Crowing can start as early as just a few weeks old, or as late as 10 months old. And cockerels that are raised together can live peacefully, as long as there are enough hens to go around. Right now, they are too young for fighting over females.post #11355 of 117576/7/16 at 11:45amQuote:so what do u think my EE Squeak is?Originally Posted by Morgan7782
Hello! I wanted to share a post regarding telltale signs you have an Easter Egger cockerel. This was only my experience, and I hope it helps somebody identify whether they have girls or boys. Basically this is not a for sure guide, just hopefully a helpful post.
I was able to tell my cockerel at around 4-6 weeks old, and here are a few pictures to help.
(Sulo's tail feathers are narrow and upright.)
This is Munk an Easter Egger pullet to compare. Same age, but the feathering in is very different. Sulo's "big boy" feathers came in later then Munk's "big girl" feathers.
Sulo and Munk. (same breed/age just to see the difference)
Hope this helps someone! Easter Eggers are hard to sex, and this may not be every case, but it certainly was here and I hope these differences help people tell who is whopost #11356 of 117576/7/16 at 12:59pmpost #11357 of 117576/7/16 at 1:00pmpost #11358 of 117576/7/16 at 1:41pmpost #11359 of 117576/7/16 at 4:33pmpost #11360 of 117576/7/16 at 4:45pmQuote:
Generally, if the red stands out across the yard on an 8 week old chick, it's a cockerel. Mine didn't crow until about 13 wks. It really varies.
This is a fairly typical pullet at 8 weeks. More of a peachy pink colored comb.
- Easter Egger Chicks in My Shed
Currently, there are 1725 Active Users (191 Members and 1534 Guests)
- › Is this a roo? 12 seconds ago
- › Street Chicken now Pet, gender and breed? 27 seconds ago
- › Best Quail for a newbie? 41 seconds ago
- › The Welsummer Thread!!!! 44 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 58 seconds ago
- › Rehome my ducks 1 minute ago
- › What is this chicken thinking? 2 minutes ago
- › What religion do you belong to? 2 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 2 minutes ago
- › Getting the chicks to go back into the coop. 2 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...