Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help sexing wyandotte chickens- 2 weeks on update Last post on 6/22/16 at 8:47am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on 4/9/16 at 3:15am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- what breed are my laying hens?!?!?!?! Last post on 4/23/13 at 12:16pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help with breed and sex Last post on 8/10/16 at 12:42pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Wyandotte Silver Laced Wyandotte By Cat1994Last edited: 1/10/12
- Wyandotte Silver Laced By CarondesignLast edited: 1/10/12
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD! - Page 721post #7201 of 797410/14/15 at 5:43am1 Black Australorp 1 Chocolate Orpington Roo 1 Buff Orpington 1 Dark Brahma 1 Speckled Sussex 1 Silver Laced Polish 2 Blue Cochins 1 Light Brahma 3 Easter Eggers1 Black Australorp 1 Chocolate Orpington Roo 1 Buff Orpington 1 Dark Brahma 1 Speckled Sussex 1 Silver Laced Polish 2 Blue Cochins 1 Light Brahma 3 Easter Eggerspost #7202 of 797410/14/15 at 5:34pmpost #7203 of 797410/14/15 at 6:27pmQuote:They are more than likely coming into molt.
Edited by Fancychooklady - 10/14/15 at 6:33pmpost #7204 of 797410/14/15 at 6:30pmpost #7205 of 797410/14/15 at 6:57pmpost #7206 of 797410/14/15 at 7:15pm2 dogs, 6 cats, 40 chickens (australorps, wyandottes, and easter eggers), lots of tropical fish, and a toddler.2 dogs, 6 cats, 40 chickens (australorps, wyandottes, and easter eggers), lots of tropical fish, and a toddler.post #7207 of 797410/14/15 at 7:31pmpost #7208 of 797410/15/15 at 3:40amQuote:That's exactly what happened to my birds. The Wyandottes took forever to start laying (hatched in January) and just as they started to lay eggs they went into a molt and unlike the others that were hatched at the same time instead if their laying being cut back they basically stopped laying all together until spring...even when I added lights on a timer.Originally Posted by Fancychooklady
They are more than likely coming into molt.
http://msucares.com/poultry/management/poultry_feathers.htmlpost #7209 of 797410/16/15 at 6:53pm
- Farm Daze
Currently, there are 1021 Active Users (87 Members and 934 Guests)
- › unknown attack 1 minute ago
- › Need Help FAST in South NJ!! 2 minutes ago
- › FOWL Celebrity Lookalike Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 6 minutes ago
- › The Q&A Game! 6 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEGG Decorating Contest- Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 7 minutes ago
- › why are we fighting 8 minutes ago
- › Let's share our chicken decor! 9 minutes ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 10 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 13 minutes ago
- › Post your FIRST EGG pics! 13 minutes ago
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.