Those BLR chicks are so pretty. I hope to raise some this spring.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help sexing wyandotte chickens- 2 weeks on update Last post on 6/22/16 at 8:47am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on 4/9/16 at 3:15am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- what breed are my laying hens?!?!?!?! Last post on 4/23/13 at 12:16pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help with breed and sex Last post on 8/10/16 at 12:42pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Wyandotte Silver Laced Wyandotte By Cat1994Last edited: 1/10/12
- Wyandotte Silver Laced By CarondesignLast edited: 1/10/12
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD! - Page 735post #7342 of 79752/2/16 at 4:41pmpost #7343 of 79752/5/16 at 3:18ampost #7344 of 79752/5/16 at 4:16ampost #7345 of 79752/5/16 at 6:49am2 dogs, 6 cats, 40 chickens (australorps, wyandottes, and easter eggers), lots of tropical fish, and a toddler.2 dogs, 6 cats, 40 chickens (australorps, wyandottes, and easter eggers), lots of tropical fish, and a toddler.post #7346 of 79752/5/16 at 7:43ampost #7347 of 79752/5/16 at 7:47ampost #7348 of 79752/6/16 at 4:15pmI have paid $40 a dozen for Marans hatching eggs, and would imagine I would pay that much for blrw eggs. Thats about my top dollar on eggs. Before I would spend any more than that on a gamble I would buy chicks from a reputable breeder. Papas Poultry has an excellent reputation and nice looking good quality chickens.
Chickens are my hobby, my passion, and my therapy.
Chickens are my hobby, my passion, and my therapy.post #7349 of 79752/7/16 at 4:51amQuote:Originally Posted by kfelton0002
I have paid $40 a dozen for Marans hatching eggs, and would imagine I would pay that much for blrw eggs. Thats about my top dollar on eggs. Before I would spend any more than that on a gamble I would buy chicks from a reputable breeder. Papas Poultry has an excellent reputation and nice looking good quality chickens.
Thanks for the info. Someone local wanted to buy a couple dozen from me to hatch. Since I have not hatch any of these yet, I gave her a great price. I'm anxious to see how her hatch goes.
- Farm Daze
Currently, there are 1524 Active Users (181 Members and 1343 Guests)
- › Time Flies - A Time Travel RP 27 seconds ago
- › Toddlers are Quackers 27 seconds ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 39 seconds ago
- › Integrating a cockerel into a flock of mature hens 46 seconds ago
- › Raised garden bed question. 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 3 minutes ago
- › PUMPKIN CARVING Contest- Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 3 minutes ago
- › *In the Arctic* A Fox RP 3 minutes ago
- › What's the temperature where you are??? 3 minutes ago
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.