Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help sexing wyandotte chickens- 2 weeks on update Last post on 6/22/16 at 8:47am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on 4/9/16 at 3:15am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- what breed are my laying hens?!?!?!?! Last post on 4/23/13 at 12:16pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help with breed and sex Last post on 8/10/16 at 12:42pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Wyandotte Silver Laced Wyandotte By Cat1994Last edited: 1/10/12
- Wyandotte Silver Laced By CarondesignLast edited: 1/10/12
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD! - Page 742post #7412 of 79773/9/16 at 7:03ampost #7413 of 79773/9/16 at 11:33amQuote:Originally Posted by gachooks
This. We have two groups. One we raised from hatch, the other we purchased as adults. The ones we raised are more personable, but none of them jump on our laps unless we have treats. They are chickens, definitely not cats. lol. I have my favorites, and those are the most personable and inquisitive. None of our Wandottes are aggressive towards us and only slightly peckish towards the rest of the flock. We have never understood why they have a rep for being mean to the other birds. I love them.
One thing I have noticed is that birds of a feather really do hang together. Here are a few of our girls, you can see the Rhodebar pullets in the back.
beautiful!post #7414 of 79773/9/16 at 11:34ampost #7415 of 79773/11/16 at 12:39pmpost #7416 of 79773/11/16 at 12:58pmpost #7417 of 79773/11/16 at 1:09pmpost #7418 of 79773/11/16 at 1:56pmpost #7419 of 79773/12/16 at 6:54amQuote:from everything I have read and been told, it is hard to tell black from blue at that age. Not even the splash is always easy. I picked up 3 a few weeks back. They are nearing a month old. I will toss up a photo. I think we have 1 splash for sure and possibly two blues or darker splash.
Edited by BertandMary - 3/12/16 at 7:27ampost #7420 of 79773/12/16 at 6:59amcan you pick out the Roo? Yeah, he is growing at nearly twice the rate of the other two. There are photos of these three in the thread at around a week or two. Our avatar is of the two darkest ones that we got.
Edited by BertandMary - 3/12/16 at 7:20am
- Farm Daze
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 1 second ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? 8 seconds ago
- › hello from Albuquerque 41 seconds ago
- › *Hidden Nature* A Shapeshifting RP 1 minute ago
- › Coop Ventilation 2 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › Who has chickens in Henderson Nv? 3 minutes ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 3 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 4 minutes ago
- › Missing chicken after windy night 5 minutes ago
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.