BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › General breed discussions & FAQ › *Buff Orpington Thread!*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*Buff Orpington Thread!* - Page 579

post #5781 of 6373
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickChick16 View Post

is there a difference between the black orpingtons and the buff?? i have 2 black ones. new to chickens and trying to learn all i can about the breeds i have acquired.
The only difference I know is the feather color but I never looked into any other color and their differences
post #5782 of 6373
The original Orpington was the Black Orpington. All the other Orpingtons came after the black. Shortly after the breed was developed it was imported into Austrailia, and it is from these imports that we the Australorp breed.

Off the top of my head, I do not recall the years that the various Orpingtons were accepted into the Standard. I'll look it up after I get home...or someone else will probably post it.

"Experince is the teacher of all things." Julius Ceaser

"The only real valuable thing is intuition." Albert Einstein

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" Mark Twain

 

My Coop Project

 

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/656727/coop-project-maken-the-plunge-getting-chickens

Reply

"Experince is the teacher of all things." Julius Ceaser

"The only real valuable thing is intuition." Albert Einstein

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" Mark Twain

 

My Coop Project

 

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/656727/coop-project-maken-the-plunge-getting-chickens

Reply
post #5783 of 6373
Quote:
Originally Posted by bit o poultry19 View Post

Is this a cockerel or pullet? I've never had store bought buff orp and I'm so confused wether it's a cockerel or pullet! Turning 4months tomorrow!


Hoping it's a pullet for my laying flock, I heard hatchery Bo's lay well! And Fluffy has gone broody! I'm so excited I set English red, gl, bo, crele, red/gold and cuckoo orp eggs under her! Hoping for a good hatch! bow.giffl.gif

4 months? Looks like. Pullet. Rooster would have longer silk feathers at the rear
post #5784 of 6373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt M View Post

Now I have 7 BO sad.png one didn't make it
I'm so sorry
post #5785 of 6373
Quote:
Originally Posted by csaylorchickens View Post

4 months? Looks like. Pullet. Rooster would have longer silk feathers at the rear
Thank you so much!
cochins, buff orps, black australorps, showgirl/silkies, 2 chocolate labs, poodles, 1 tcup chihuahua, wyandottes, turkens, polish, 1 phoenix and PLENTY baby chicks!!
Reply
cochins, buff orps, black australorps, showgirl/silkies, 2 chocolate labs, poodles, 1 tcup chihuahua, wyandottes, turkens, polish, 1 phoenix and PLENTY baby chicks!!
Reply
post #5786 of 6373

Orp&oeflay

13394147_10204698029490281_3659781314976137887_n.jpg?oh=b84abd85d4219de3acf085f5ce1bf9a8&oe=57EF39CD

Bella and her mam 

13432155_10204735184419131_4125734914066388341_n.jpg?oh=ea51c6da73e1810068bd2237c17ab254&oe=57F704E6

13434892_10204735184499133_456780890366105453_n.jpg?oh=3efc81db99db3495a4a46c70b7ffe1cf&oe=57F04EBE

 

post #5787 of 6373

Out of our chickens, the Buff Orpingtons are definitely my favorites! They are super friendly, sociable and love to be around people.

 

Here are the girls when they were chicks

 

 

Here are some pics of them now

 

 

 

post #5788 of 6373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnn View Post
 

Orp&oeflay

13394147_10204698029490281_3659781314976137887_n.jpg?oh=b84abd85d4219de3acf085f5ce1bf9a8&oe=57EF39CD

Bella and her mam 

13432155_10204735184419131_4125734914066388341_n.jpg?oh=ea51c6da73e1810068bd2237c17ab254&oe=57F704E6

13434892_10204735184499133_456780890366105453_n.jpg?oh=3efc81db99db3495a4a46c70b7ffe1cf&oe=57F04EBE

 

Such Pretty Girls Johnn! Beautiful view they get to enjoy too :) (I see Oeflay snuck in for a pose a well--cute!)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercys Fight View Post
 

Out of our chickens, the Buff Orpingtons are definitely my favorites! They are super friendly, sociable and love to be around people.

 

Here are the girls when they were chicks

 

 

Here are some pics of them now

 

 

 

Buff Chicks are so cute and they turn into such sweethearts :love  Cold watermelon is a favorite for sure!

post #5789 of 6373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyorp Rock View Post
 

 

Buff Chicks are so cute and they turn into such sweethearts :love  Cold watermelon is a favorite for sure!

 

Do you know if Pumpkin is safe for them?

post #5790 of 6373
I feed mine pumpkins all winter
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General breed discussions & FAQ
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › General breed discussions & FAQ › *Buff Orpington Thread!*