I had an external pip last night around 6:00 when I looked.
It was enlarged this morning, and a closer examination revealed that the bird has zipped about 20% of the way around the shell.
I hope that by the time I get home from work tonight (about 6:00 PM local time), I might have a gosling.
I have less hope for the two other eggs of that set that survived all of their various traumas (filthy when shipped, very poorly wrapped, dumped into a box with inadequate packaging).
One had a little movement last night, but hadn't yet internally pipped. The other hasn't changed at all in about 2-3 days.
But, even 1 success would be good, IMHO.
If I get one, I'll post photos. I'm hoping for a boy (although I'd like at least one of each eventually).
I've got 4 more in the other incubator, which were set 8 days after this batch. They are at that "hard to tell what's going on in there stage) but I see movement in them at this point. So, we'll see.
One final note -- the one that is zipping had a "detached air cell." The excellent posts on incubation and detached air cells weren't on here yet when I set them, so now in the future I know to do things a little differently. But, what I think is ironic is that the one I thought LEAST likely to hatch of the ones that developed is so far the only one that is trying to hatch. The one I thought looked best all along is the one that appears to have stopped developing a few days back.
We'll see what happens -- I've been wrong before. This egg game is full of surprises at every turn.