I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 12/21/15 at 12:02am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 11/8/15 at 3:58pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 9/8/15 at 10:44am in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 2/1/16 at 6:11am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 2/2/16 at 5:16pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
Got through one season before the motor died. Transformer went soon after. Customer service was not responsive, but they are very willing to sell you replacement parts. On a year old machine I...
I have had these bands on my birds for less than 3 months and the numbers have rubbed off! I now have a bunch of birds with pretty bracelets but can't identify them! The bands are sturdy and won't...
I have the brinsea octagon And so far I have had no problems at all. I will update you on it when they hatch. You should buy this incubator!
I have hatched hundreds of chicks with my LG 9200 Still Air Incubator. At first I had to learn how to use it. And I had to develop my tricks for even incubator temperature. So now I pretty much set...
We have one young Delaware pullet and she has been great! She has just started laying and the eggs she lays are of good size, so far she has been laying on a regular basis too. She is not mean...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)post #2 of 41535/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 41535/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 41535/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 41535/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 41535/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 41535/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 41536/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 41536/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 41536/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › What is wrong with my chicken? 1 minute ago
- › BYC Café 1 minute ago
- › English Shepherd as Poultry Guardian 1 minute ago
- › Anyone heard of Purina organic feeds yet? 1 minute ago
- › post your chicken coop pictures here! 2 minutes ago
- › INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come hatch, learn, Chat, Meet new Friends! 2 minutes ago
- › PLZ HELP! Chicks are dying. Cannot find the cause 2 minutes ago
- › Minnesota! 3 minutes ago
- › Bottle calves and chickens 3 minutes ago
- › Tumor and possible marek's 3 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by shouts
- › strombergs zip tie leg bands by boskelli1571
- › Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO Auto Turn Egg Incubator by ChickenGrass
- › Little Giant Still Air Incubator 9200 by Math
- › Delaware by FeatherMtnFarms
- › Red Sex Link by Liz C
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Alexandra33
- › Salmon Favorelle by likkatron
- › Polish by kikithebird
- › Golden Sex Link by DeepDishChix