I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 11/14/15 at 3:25pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 11/8/15 at 3:58pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 9/8/15 at 10:44am in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 9/9/15 at 3:02pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 6/23/15 at 8:34am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
IMO if you know what you're getting into, silkies are perfect. Why would you buy silkies if you want eggs? Get layers. One thing is for certain they are the most attractive bird. Fluffy and cute.
We only have two red stars in our flock, they are amazing. One comes up to be petted, the other rides around on my shoulder when I'm outside. These two girls hands down beat our buff orpington...
I got 4 Barred Rock chicks my second year of keeping chickens. 2 were very sweet until they died of unknown causes as chicks. the two remaining grew up together with 2 Australorps. One (named...
We had one mille fleur d'Uccle whose name was Dolly. She did not mind being held and was super pretty and sweet. However, she died in the middle of winter of an unknown cause. We were able to get 5...
Every single day my two Easter Eggers (Maia and Snidely) give me two beautiful eggs. It was so exciting seeing what color they would lay. Snidely gives me a pale blue medium sides egg and Maia lays...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 41485/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 41485/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 41485/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 41485/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 41485/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 41485/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 41486/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 41486/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 41486/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › 강원랜드사이트☞ ese666.COM う실시간바카라사이트う 1 second ago
- › 강원랜드카지노영업시간さBKL89.COMせ카지노사이트う 3 seconds ago
- › 체리마스터골드は「POTA5.COM」い카지노사이트 6 seconds ago
- › ♣②⑧♣【NoRa58.cOm】¹㏇홍콩바카라 13 seconds ago
- › 타짜카지노사이트【ＰＯＴＡ５ㆍＣｏＭ】바카라사이트 14 seconds ago
- › 정선카지노공짜머니☞ ese666.COM う온라인카지노う 14 seconds ago
- › 카지노사이트추천さBKL89.COMせ카지노사이트う 14 seconds ago
- › 카지노주소♣【H K T 6。Com】お카지노사이트 15 seconds ago
- › 카지노사이트추천さBKL89.COMせ카지노사이트う 24 seconds ago
- › 타짜카지노사이트【ＰＯＴＡ５ㆍＣｏＭ】바카라사이트 24 seconds ago
- › Silkie by ScottyTerrier
- › Star by ameliadanielle
- › Barred Rock by cluck333
- › Belgian d'Uccle by puffypoo22
- › Easter Eggers by Bessetti
- › Orpington by Bessetti
- › Nite Guard Predator Control Light by bestnestbox
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by dogwood8
- › Plastic 1 Quart Jar Feeder by Libertyrose03
- › 12 lb. Metal Hanging Poultry Feeder by Ifish
- › Ferdie the Rooster
- › Ferdinand the Rooster
- › Take that, Paris Hilton!
- › So Paris Hilton has a pet Chihuahua? Well...
- › AtiHENza's Place
- › Prosciutto and spinach quiche
- › Cottage Playhouse Plastic Chicken Coop.
- › Hen Mahal of the Gold Coast
- › My Flock - Chickens & Ducks
- › Free Range Run and Water Tank Coop