I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 6/23/15 at 8:34am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Production Reds Last post on 6/16/15 at 7:17pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 6/30/15 at 3:29pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection Last post on 6/22/15 at 7:35am in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- What does the Game in gamefowl mean? Last post on 10/14/12 at 9:24pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I would never have chosen to get a Polish because I think the crest is just ridiculous, but I rescued one that had no home. Her name is Quaffle and she is Golden Laced. As I said in the pros, she...
I've had Cornish Cross's as my meat birds for years now and LOVE those sweethearts! They are evil! They make you fall in love, then you have to butcher them soon after!! They wonder and forage...
I had a batch of Wyandottes I was planning to show at fair (signed up for the wrong class). They are bigger than other birds I've had so I'd consider them dual purpose. They are really beautifully...
I received my Orpington as a free bird in a shipment of Polish chickens. I'm starting to fall more for her than for the birds I've bought!! She's calm and easily adapted to being with a different...
I had Barred Rocks as my first ever 4-H birds. I thought they looked like zebras and was in love (of course that was all I cared about then)! They were fabulous for show (3rd in pullet class),...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 41375/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 41375/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 41375/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 41375/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 41375/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 41375/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 41376/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 41376/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 41376/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › Cats!!! 27 seconds ago
- › new member 52 seconds ago
- › Sick chicken...help! 1 minute ago
- › Entie's Raspberry.... Pfffffffffft! ---- OK, just an excuse for... 1 minute ago
- › Turkey chick not able to stand 1 minute ago
- › Dixie Chicks 2 minutes ago
- › Yum or Yuck? 2 minutes ago
- › Who else is waiting for that first egg? 2 minutes ago
- › INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! 2 minutes ago
- › DYING SILKIE: Please help I don't want to lose her! 2 minutes ago
- › Polish by SquishyPandas
- › Cornish Cross by fryburgfarmer
- › Wyandotte by fryburgfarmer
- › Orpington by fryburgfarmer
- › Barred Rock by fryburgfarmer
- › Brahma by thealpha
- › Bielefelder by Our Roost
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy by flippinggoldfis
- › Chicken Fountain Automatic Waterer by pfields
- › 11 lb Plastic Hanging Feeder by barneveldrerman