I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Medicated Feed vs. Growth of Chicks? Last post on 12/23/16 at 9:57am in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 1/19/17 at 7:36am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 1/16/17
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
My only Welsummer came from a hatchery. She arrived by mail in poor shape and was very undersized. She pulled through with extra attention but was stunted for many months. However, she eventually...
I was looking for a meat outcross for my EE hens, so I bought 25 Dark Cornish roosters. I raised them together and culled them down (sent to freezer camp) all but 5, then introduced them to my...
I've had several of these chickens. The free rooster I got from the hatchery looks like the one in the main photo. I also have a red one. The hens are all unique. They have the same basic...
I purchased two pullets and a cockerel from a fellow chicken lover. I don't regret it at all. These birds aren't too flighty, and always know when it's time to roost. They are great foragers, but...
We have two pair of these - black and blue. The females are sweet and make good show birds for small children. The lay enormous eggs considering their body size. The males are very agressive as is...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 42015/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 42015/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 42015/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 42015/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 42015/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 42015/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 42016/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 42016/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 42016/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › January 22 hatch along 1 second ago
- › Please rate this incubator. 9 seconds ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 22 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? 44 seconds ago
- › gender and breed?! 1 minute ago
- › The Old Folks Home 1 minute ago
- › First Hatch of the Year and My First Hatch...EEK! 1 minute ago
- › ROOSTER OR HEN 1 minute ago
- › Everyone Dies *A Fantasy RP* 1 minute ago
- › The last letter Game 1 minute ago
- › Growing up chickens
- › 20 Things i wish i knew before i started...
- › Finally out of the coop!
- › A Portrait of Chicken....Portraits? (Chick...
- › An Experiment in Chick Sexing Methods
- › Poultry Ownership and Dealing with Loss (From...
- › WVduckchick's Ducks!
- › Our Lovely Ducks
- › My Pepper!
- › The little lone chick