I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 6/23/15 at 8:34am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Production Reds Last post on 6/16/15 at 7:17pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 6/30/15 at 3:29pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection Last post on 6/22/15 at 7:35am in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- What does the Game in gamefowl mean? Last post on 10/14/12 at 9:24pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
My Cackle Australorp is one of my favorites. She'll run over whenever you come outside to see what's going on, but she's not so ostentatious that she'll invite herself up onto your picnic table,...
We love our Light Brahma's! We bought ours (Salt and Pepper;)at a farm store, and everyone loves them! Would love to have a complete Brahma Flock and someday hope to try the Buff variety!
My Cackle Welsummer, Wilson laid her first dark, speckled egg at just under 21 weeks old. She was not the most easy to handle chick, nor does she seek attention, but she's not a total lunatic. She...
Looking for a great dual-purpose bird? Being a quintessential rock-solid American farm breed, the Barred Rock is the best choice for any small or big scale flockster. The first appearances of the...
I have a mix aseel and it is awesome they are very good and cool:D
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)post #2 of 41335/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 41335/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 41335/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 41335/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 41335/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 41335/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 41336/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 41336/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 41336/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › YO GEORGIANS! :) 34 seconds ago
- › She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one! 1 minute ago
- › Looking for others who set eggs 6-13-15 to join me 1 minute ago
- › baby duck with lots of problems 2 minutes ago
- › Any Home Bakers Here? 3 minutes ago
- › Always wanted chickens! 4 minutes ago
- › the past three nights 4 minutes ago
- › Dragon Cave - Latest Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mosquitoes Reproducing in Waterer 5 minutes ago
- › Classroom Incubation- Japan 5 minutes ago
- › Aseel by MaycanGamefowl
- › Ameraucana by MaycanGamefowl
- › American Game by MaycanGamefowl
- › Australorp by WashingtonWino
- › Brahma by barnardflock
- › Welsummer by WashingtonWino
- › Barred Rock by Chook Kingdom
- › Automatic King Size Poultry Fount - 2550 by JNTx3
- › Farm Innovators "All-Seasons" Heated Plastic Poultry... by evemfoster
- › Harris Farms 4220 Plastic Poultry Water Fountain, 1-Gallon by applebutter14