I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 9/12/14 at 11:14pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Production Reds Last post on 10/17/14 at 7:33pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 8/18/14 at 5:44pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection Last post on 9/28/14 at 3:53pm in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- What does the Game in gamefowl mean? Last post on 10/14/12 at 9:24pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
we had 2 we gave one away and that one was the hen. this emijo stands for anger and that anger comes from that he is an egg eater
little orps real name is applesauce. she will come when i call her ??!!she will sit in my lay for all eternity if she could. peanut butter is skiddish and the stud when it comes to our roos thats...
I have had Muscovies off and on for many years, along with numerous other breeds of ducks. I love all duck breeds, but the lowly Muscovy is truly the survivor and thriver of the duck world. They...
My silkies (past and present - I have just one now) have been very laid back and friendly. They did go through a period when they were pullets that they were afraid of people. I think this has to...
After reading reviews, I expected our Sicilian buttercup chicks to turn into friendly, beautiful birds who were so-so layers. Turns out we were only correct on the beautiful part. Until they...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 39815/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 39815/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 39815/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 39815/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 39815/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 39815/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 39816/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 39816/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 39816/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › Cream Legbars 1 second ago
- › hi i am new :) 4 seconds ago
- › ~*Friends and Enemies~A Wolf RP*~ Accepting! 5 seconds ago
- › Feather loss. Help? 6 seconds ago
- › Which brand of dewormer for geese and what dose? 15 seconds ago
- › How much lighting for winter 19 seconds ago
- › Rooster Dilemma 24 seconds ago
- › Discussion of Legbar Standard of Perfection for -Alternative-... 29 seconds ago
- › The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome! 33 seconds ago
- › how many Eggs you get today 35 seconds ago