I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 9/12/14 at 11:14pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Production Reds Last post on 10/17/14 at 7:33pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 8/18/14 at 5:44pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection Last post on 10/28/14 at 11:11am in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- What does the Game in gamefowl mean? Last post on 10/14/12 at 9:24pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
This breed is a rooster's favorite, they also lay great brown eggs often even a 7 months old my one turken is laying better than my 2 three year-old brown leghorns, the only bad part is that they...
I enjoyed bantams growing up.. Can never go wrong having these sweet chickens. Eggs are optional, but welcomed as they are laid... Getting ready to hatch a few Cochin bantam eggs this spring...
This breed is different from any I've ever had. They do have limitations if you are counting on them for eggs or breeding for years. They give it their best their first year and from then on, they...
These ladies are a sharp looking bird, the lack of typical chicken facial features give them a nice different appearance in comparison to other breeds. They are quick to run away but will come...
We have 3 Silver Laced Wyandotte hens and all 3 are gorgeous. They're friendly and social with both people and their fellow flock members. They're stocky and hearty, great foragers. They are...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)post #2 of 40045/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 40045/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 40045/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 40045/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 40045/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 40045/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 40046/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 40046/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 40046/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › The Olive-Egger thread! just now
- › Lets count to a million 1 second ago
- › ChocolateMouse made a believer out of me! 5 seconds ago
- › Dominique Thread! 12 seconds ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 25 seconds ago
- › The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome! 41 seconds ago
- › ...~♥~The Hunted~♥~A Wolf and Wild Horse RP ~♥~... 54 seconds ago
- › My Duck Hatch 1 minute ago
- › Should I buy eggs or wait it out? 2 minutes ago
- › ~★~ Spirit Stallion of the Cimmeron RP! ~★~ Players Needed! ~★~ 3 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by jgoldy2
- › Cochin by LittleChicks4Me
- › Cornish Bantams by gootziecat
- › Chantecler by Aluckyshot
- › Wyandotte by LoveOfChickens1
- › Black Sex Link chicken by LoveOfChickens1
- › Easter Eggers by LoveOfChickens1
- › Rhode Island by LoveOfChickens1
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Chickenchick11
- › White Star Hybrid by XxMingirlxX
- › REVERSIBLE ROLL OUT SLIDING NEST BOX WITH...
- › How To Build Automatic Chicken Feeder For Free
- › aart's Almost-Waste-Free Funnel Bucket...
- › New Today
- › DIY Coop Drainage System for My Waterers or...
- › How To Raise Ducks For Meat, Eggs, Companions ❤
- › Stress-free Leg Mite Sprayer
- › Alaskan's no cost Bantam Coop
- › ~★~ Spirit Stallion of the Cimmeron RP! ~★~...
- › ...~♥~The Hunted~♥~A Wolf and...