I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/12/15 at 3:57pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Production Reds Last post on 5/1/15 at 3:51pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 5/14/15 at 10:45am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection Last post on Yesterday at 9:54 am in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- What does the Game in gamefowl mean? Last post on 10/14/12 at 9:24pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I have 9 chickens in total. I went to my local garden store one day and saw a Barred Rock Hen and decided to get her because she is my moms favorite breed of chicken. She got along fine when I...
I'm just getting back in to Langshans (thanks Rodriguez Poultry for the re-start!) after about 15 years away from them, but I wanted to share my experiences with the flock I had growing up...(Both...
I flat-out LOVE my Crevecoeur. They're not the breed for everyone, as they are a lot like feathered goats. VERY SMART. (Smarts that can get them in to trouble if you don't watch what they're...
No drinker is perfect but this one is by far my favorite of the 8 or so I've tried over the years. The drinking pan does still get dirty from the hens beaks. But I find I an take a brush and...
My girl has been noisy since she hatched and wakes me up every morning because she wants to be let out to roam. She does listen though when I tell her to go back into the coop. She's also a very...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)post #2 of 41315/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 41315/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 41315/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 41315/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 41315/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 41315/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 41316/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 41316/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 41316/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › 2015 Peafowl Hatching Support Group - Eggs and Chicks! 8 seconds ago
- › She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one! 1 minute ago
- › Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! 1 minute ago
- › Poorly chicken, no idea what it is?? 1 minute ago
- › Mountain Peep's Awesome Chat Thread! (All friends welcome!) 2 minutes ago
- › Buff orp & EE Gender help please? 2 minutes ago
- › The Homestead Coop 2 minutes ago
- › electric fence on top of chainlink 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Duck Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Barred Rock by chickenkeeperUS
- › Langshan by SnowChik
- › Crevecoeur by SnowChik
- › Harris Farm 5 Gallon Top Fill Waterer by TheSpiceGirls
- › Black Sex Link chicken by xish
- › Orpington by ofeycat123
- › Golden Sex Link by horselover1999
- › Rhode Island by LittleBrownie
- › Sumatra by kherokee
- › Dorking by butterfliesdoku