I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 7/7/14 at 2:09pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Production Reds Last post on 7/27/14 at 8:12pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 6/17/14 at 2:47am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection Last post on 7/30/14 at 12:47am in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- What does the Game in gamefowl mean? Last post on 10/14/12 at 9:24pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
My 2 pekin ducks are friendly, but loud, mine have not started to lay yet, but I hear they lay pretty good. They are messy, and will dig deep holes in your yard! but all ducks do. I love em. but...
My 3 EE's are really beautiful, but very skittish and flighty. I had them since little chicks they stayed in my bathroom for 5 weeks. I thought they were suppose to be friendly but i love them...
I bought this door opener and was able to install in on my existing coop door with no problem. It was magical! I no longer had to worry about rushing home in the evenings to close their...
My sussex is by far the most frequent layer that I've owned, she is also extremely friendly and when my previous hen passed away, leaving her alone for a couple of days, she became very social with...
I love my buff orpington, she is very friendly towards me and gets along really well with my bossy light sussex, she stops being broody as soon as she is removed from her nesting box(not that she...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 38035/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 38035/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 38035/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 38035/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 38035/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 38035/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 38036/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 38036/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 38036/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › Pekin bantam thread! 52 seconds ago
- › Chickengirl64 is new to chickens 2 minutes ago
- › Botulism - Lucky's been poisoned! 5 minutes ago
- › A Heritage of Perfection: Standard-bred Large Fowl 7 minutes ago
- › Hiya 7 minutes ago
- › Roosters Pros and Cons 9 minutes ago
- › Fertile eggs 10 minutes ago
- › Hi 13 minutes ago
- › Hello from Battlefield, Missouri! 16 minutes ago
- › Mohawk needs to know what kind of chicken she is! 18 minutes ago
- › Pekin by MohicanHase
- › Easter Eggers by chickbrad24
- › Add-A-Motor D20 Chicken Coop Motor by MomToAll
- › light sussex chicken by jessthesheepy
- › Orpington by jessthesheepy
- › Cochin by hausfrau77
- › Sicilian Buttercup by hausfrau77
- › Black Sex Link chicken by Aloutsis
- › Crevecoeur by Crevecoeurdude
- › Delaware by coloradojen
- › Our New Baby Chicks
- › Introducing Your Dog To Chickens- Tips &...
- › Rabbits living with chickens??
- › The camera caught Baby Beauty as she...
- › Baby Buffy goes "Derp??"
- › Rooster needs to be rehomed
- › Egg Binding: Symptoms, Treatment and Prevention
- › Repurposed shed into a coop
- › A Duck RP
- › Duck RP