I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 7/7/14 at 2:09pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Production Reds Last post on 7/15/14 at 10:59am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 6/17/14 at 2:47am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection Last post on 7/18/14 at 7:46am in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- What does the Game in gamefowl mean? Last post on 10/14/12 at 9:24pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
we raised our 2 female pekins from a few days old as pets They are now over 6 months old and we still love them as much as we ever did although they startle easy (very nervous birds), they are...
I love this waterier i can only say it over and over again. I had a 1 gallon waterier for my 5 anacona ducks and i was changing it almost every 4 hours needless to say i needed a bigger waterier...
The Duck Test: If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. This may be true for most cases, but what about the Muscovy? At my farm,...
I purchased Grace at a local feed store when she was 2 days old. The store owner told me she is a Blue Swedish and as a newly hatched duckling she looked like the pictures I found online. When...
I found it worked better with a 1 quart Ball jar up on a brick as they got older.
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 38015/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 38015/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 38015/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 38015/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 38015/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 38015/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 38016/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 38016/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 38016/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site 7 seconds ago
- › "ROAD TRIP!!!" 10 seconds ago
- › I need to sell my coop - how much? 41 seconds ago
- › Michigan Thread - all are welcome! 42 seconds ago
- › Silkie thread! 52 seconds ago
- › INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! 1 minute ago
- › how many Eggs you get today 1 minute ago
- › Coffee's ready... 1 minute ago
- › Cochin Thread!!! 1 minute ago
- › NEWBIES with Hatchery orders! 1 minute ago
- › Pekin by toowoombapekins
- › Harris Farms 4221 Plastic Poultry Water Fountain, 3-1/2-Gallon by winteree
- › Muscovy by PalmRoyal
- › Cayuga by okiegirl47
- › Plastic 1 Quart Jar Waterer by Mother-Rhodes
- › Octagon 20 Advance - digital menu driven incubator calibrated from... by TattooedMama
- › Gold Star by Butterprint
- › White Star Hybrid by cluckcluckgirl
- › Easter Eggers by thinks2much2
- › Orpington by Lianimals
- › To stop your chooks from eating their eggs...
- › Coop built using ALL recycled and repurposed...
- › What's missing? Chickens!
- › The Hennery Run
- › Ole' Colemanator 6 Dozen Incubator
- › deer blind /chicken coop
- › ~Wolves of Silver Mist~ Character Page
- › Farmtop Flocks! WARNING LOTS OF PICS!!!! :D
- › how my coop took shape
- › Da Bamboo Shack