I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 3/18/15 at 6:23am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Production Reds Last post on 3/25/15 at 3:44pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on Yesterday at 9:34 am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection Last post on Yesterday at 9:24 am in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- What does the Game in gamefowl mean? Last post on 10/14/12 at 9:24pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I have 4 wonderful Rhode Island Reds. They lay wonderful brown LARGE eggs. Sometimes we even get jumbo eggs and double yolkers. Overall, these chickens are very fun to be around and they are very...
bought 4 of these, installation easy..bottom removes making clean up a breeze, stainless steel wont rust, rot. or stink...pack it with some shavings or straw, good to go..
Wyandottes are one of my favorite breeds of all time. They are so friendly and docile and are very calm around children. They are superb layers and continue to be through out the winter. They grow...
Okay so this big, white Satan-bird roars like a full-blown velociraptor for 10 minutes every time she even thinks she sees people. She's my perimeter alarm, she's great at that--I can hear her...
Love this automatic door. Was VERY easy to install. Love the light sensor; worth extra money to get this feature. Mine is battery operated with the light sensor, and in a year and a half, it has...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)post #2 of 40835/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 40835/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 40835/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 40835/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 40835/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 40835/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 40836/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 40836/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 40836/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › How to add comments on articles in the learning center? 3 minutes ago
- › No power for 24 hours 8 minutes ago
- › my quails not laying. they are all male or female, (with Picture) 8 minutes ago
- › North Carolina 9 minutes ago
- › Freaking out! Liquid is coming from its mouth/ beak!? 10 minutes ago
- › 12 minutes ago
- › Hello from Indiana 17 minutes ago
- › New Member in Egypt 19 minutes ago
- › Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread! 21 minutes ago
- › Picture thread of my hens! 21 minutes ago
- › Rhode Island by DairyChickenGal
- › Big Bird Laying Nests by Chickenshoe
- › Wyandotte by wyandottegirl
- › Delaware by Noodlez
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by msyfoopoo
- › Barred Rock by ChicagoClucker
- › Peafowl by annarogetta
- › Orpington by RedBreasted
- › Amber Star Hybrid by cluckcluckgirl
- › GQF Hova-Bator #1583 Picture Window Turbofan Egg Incubator by QuailGuy88