I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on Yesterday at 7:20 pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 5/7/16 at 6:23am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 9/8/15 at 10:44am in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 4/1/16 at 4:38pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
We got an assortment of bantam chickens 5 years ago from TSC. We got several OEG girls and boys. The roosters were all gentlemen, guarding the girls and not messing with us. We eventually got...
I have a BLRW. She is a great layer! She lays large light brown eggs. She is friendly and quiet.
My partridge silkie didn't lay till she was almost 9 months old. I was thinking maybe my she is a he. She lays good, small brown eggs. But when she goes broody she is extremely hard to break and...
I have a bantam frizzled black cochin. I got her as a laying hen. She is sweet and docile. She lays pretty well despite what I read. She has gone broody so that can be good or bad thing depending...
I have a Polish hen that is mottled with leakage and not a recognized color. She is a friendly bird and always come running with the rest when I go outside. She is good layer. Her eggs are white...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)post #2 of 41755/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 41755/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 41755/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 41755/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 41755/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 41755/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 41756/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 41756/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 41756/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › grannys gone and done it 2 seconds ago
- › California-Southern 2 minutes ago
- › my favorite of the 8... had to share. 3 minutes ago
- › what is this breed please help.... 3 minutes ago
- › Not sure what it is!!!!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Keep broody from overheating? 6 minutes ago
- › 3 Ameraucanas, hens or too soon to tell? 7 minutes ago
- › "Poultry HEAD SHOTS Contest" MAY~Land of the Free Because of the... 10 minutes ago
- › new to chicken farming again 15 minutes ago
- › Would it be better to start a mix flock of all 7ish week old chicks... 15 minutes ago
- › Buying chickens- What to look for?
- › my two girls, Bellatrix and Magonnigal.
- › The Chicken Worlds Worse Chore, culling the...
- › Buying Chickens- What breeds are right for you?
- › Keeping Polish chickens.
- › Broody Hen -Tips & Pictures on What to Do
- › Time-traveling couple with 'historical...
- › Time-traveling couple with chickens in New...
- › Little Lolly
- › The Egg-stravaganza