I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 5/7/16 at 6:23am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
i only own one but my one is half blind
I don't know what made mine become friendly but she all of a sudden was friendly I think it may have been because she went blind in one of her eyes due to an injury or the fact that she lays eggs...
My sister and I used this incubator IN OUR ROOM! It was small enough that it fit in a corner. We put 7 eggs in it and 6 of the cutest baby bantams hatched (the other egg was not even fertile)! The...
We've had 4, but lost one to a predator. She escaped and was taken by a fox. One was attached by a hawk, but survived. They are good with the new chicks, great for kids, the easiest to catch, and I...
I have to start by saying my two SFH's are my prize chickens LOL They were the only two babies that I actually got to pick instead of my husband! Mine are only 2 months old right now so they...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 41805/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 41805/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 41805/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 41805/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 41805/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 41805/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 41806/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 41806/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 41806/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › The Haunted Forest RPG 25 seconds ago
- › Lash egg??? 53 seconds ago
- › grannys gone and done it 1 minute ago
- › INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come hatch, learn, Chat, Meet new Friends w/... 1 minute ago
- › Questions about breeding to standard. 1 minute ago
- › Muscovy keepers share your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Cerebellar Hypoplasia or Cerebellar Abiotrophy? Seizures, loss of... 3 minutes ago
- › Duck hurt. Feeling hopeless... 3 minutes ago
- › The Sussex thread! 4 minutes ago
- › Delaware Gender 5 minutes ago
- › Cream Legbar originally bred by R. C. Punnett by amyschickens1
- › Ancona by Top Rooster
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by austrolover1
- › Australorp by amanda1
- › Swedish Flower chicken by SHERRING7712
- › Rhode Island by SHERRING7712
- › Barred Rock by roddycn1216
- › Sultan by Alexc844
- › Lavender Pekin by Eggs on Toast
- › Leghorn - Bantam by Eggs on Toast
- › Ten Reasons You Should Spend Ten Extra...
- › My very first flock.
- › The Educational Lives of Our Four Ducks -...
- › Cleaning the Run
- › Easter eggers~the history and more.
- › Raising baby chicks~tips and tricks
- › Lightweight Ducks~Why to have them
- › Ducks~Answer as to why to keep them and which...
- › Our peeps! From 5 weeks until now...
- › Hen or Rooster?