I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 5/27/16 at 7:20pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 5/7/16 at 6:23am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 9/8/15 at 10:44am in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
This is an awesome bird to have around children. Very good bird.
First of all, I only got the silkies because they were free to me, and I want to eventually be able to use them to hatch out my other chicks. I never expected to be so enamored with them! What...
I owned this incubator for 2 weeks before it broke, in the middle of a hatch. I set the temperature and it never remained consistent, humidity was horrible!!!!
I ordered this incubator in early March 2015 so that I could hatch out some ducklings, and eventually hatch some chicks. The incubator arrived within a few days, no damage done to it, and in good...
so i have this feeder and i love it for my hens, i can hang it to adjust the height. but don't hang it anywhere near where they can sit as they will poop in it. also my ducks can't really fir their...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 41765/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 41765/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 41765/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 41765/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 41765/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 41765/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 41766/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 41766/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 41766/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › Muscovy keepers share your pics! 6 seconds ago
- › BYC Café 7 seconds ago
- › INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come hatch, learn, Chat, Meet new Friends w/... 19 seconds ago
- › rooster has infected dew claw 30 seconds ago
- › Quotes and thoughts for the day 55 seconds ago
- › OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there! 1 minute ago
- › Maine 1 minute ago
- › Aggressive male Pekin 1 minute ago
- › What treat did your chickies get today? 1 minute ago
- › The Haunted Forest RPG 2 minutes ago
- › Australorp by dtown2002
- › Silkie by dragonbird
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by I Love Layers
- › Octagon 20 ADVANCE EX digital egg incubator by I Love Layers
- › 12 lb. Metal Hanging Poultry Feeder by Poultry parent
- › Plastic Flip Top Poultry Feeder by Incukahlan
- › Waterer Base 1Quart Quail Base by Incukahlan
- › Little Giant 10300 Circulated Air Incubator with Fan by Incukahlan
- › White Faced Black Spanish by chickencraz
- › Rosecomb by Alexandra33
- › Predator Proofing for New and Existing Coops
- › My BYC friends.
- › The Biddie Bordello - A Hoop Coop/Run Combo
- › Reepicheep the serama
- › The Amazing Coop of Littles!
- › BunnynChicks Chicken Page warning pic heavy.
- › Monitor Barn Style Coop
- › 4 Season Tractor
- › The Little Farmchick's Coop
- › Flat pack, removable, store-able chicken...