I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 9/12/15 at 4:32pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 9/8/15 at 8:16am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 9/8/15 at 10:44am in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 9/9/15 at 3:02pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 6/23/15 at 8:34am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I love this breed they are so funny and timid they can not see very well though other than that they are amazing
I have a similar chicken coop. After two years I made a new roof over the old one because it started to leak. The connexion with the nesting boxes (hinge) was leaking and i made a strip over...
Getting good looking Serama for breeding is a task and a half since you have to wade through a lot of information and be willing to pay high prices on pairs or chance-y eggs, but if you are looking...
Australorps originated from the cross breeding of Orpingtons to create a more well-rounded chicken. :) As such, they have fantastic personalities like the Orpington, however are known for their...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)post #2 of 41475/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 41475/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 41475/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 41475/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 41475/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 41475/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 41476/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 41476/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 41476/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › Who else is waiting for that first egg? 11 seconds ago
- › grannys gone and done it 20 seconds ago
- › Chickens In Ya Window 27 seconds ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 57 seconds ago
- › First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited! 1 minute ago
- › *The Verge of War* A Medieval Rp 1 minute ago
- › What is this chicken thinking? 1 minute ago
- › Broody hen / successful hatches question 3 minutes ago
- › Add 1 word to the story!!! (Try to make sense!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › The Old Folks Home 4 minutes ago
- › Polish by chick fire
- › chicken coop, up to 5 chickens, Pets Station by BDutch
- › Serama by Skink
- › Ameraucana by EggyTheHen
- › Australorp by lozpearl
- › Pyncheon by Kodakchickens
- › Nankin Bantams by Kodakchickens
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by naturalchickens
- › American Game Bantams by ahmadeido
- › Orpington by QueenMisha
- › **How to photograph your chickens and other...
- › Kino's Flock [Image Heavy]
- › The Key to Happy Hens and Healthy Eggs
- › Kids with Disabilities Can Enjoy Chickens Too!
- › How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a...
- › Goat Kidding
- › Aussie backyard coop.
- › 1 Day Chicken Coop
- › Chicken Photography For The Uninitiated
- › My nifty hanging water bucket.