I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Medicated Feed vs. Growth of Chicks? Last post on 12/23/16 at 9:57am in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 1/19/17 at 7:36am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 2/28/17 at 1:49pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 2/22/17 at 6:57pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 3/22/17
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
Mine are a week old, so I don't have a lot to judge on yet, but they've been so full of character that I was afraid I'd forget some of their antics by the time they reach maturity. I'll update when...
My Sicilian Buttercup, Piquin, is a consistent layer of small creamy eggs, about 3-4 a week. Her plumage is a gorgeous coppery gold with distinctive leopard-like spots; a double comb and high tail...
I LOVE my buffs. We got chickens because my son and I are allergic to cats and dogs and the kids wanted pets. We got all buffs because I read that they were the best "beginner" chickens. They are...
My Favacauna named Raven is the nicest thing, and she lays a large green egg nearly every day. Her feathers have a beautiful blue shine and I absolutely love her feather cheeks. If you are...
I have had nothing but success with my Brinsea Mini Advanced. This will be my fourth hatching season with it running for at least six consecutive weeks, and it still works great! (Although the fan...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 42105/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 42105/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 42105/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 42105/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 42105/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 42105/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 42106/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 42106/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 42106/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › Birdie Mama in Training 20 seconds ago
- › New to Bantams, but adding to my flock 24 seconds ago
- › The official BYC “Poultry SHAMING” Thread! w/ Hosts, Mike & Sally 35 seconds ago
- › The Old Folks Home 42 seconds ago
- › Turkyes how many males to femals 55 seconds ago
- › Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement! 1 minute ago
- › Texas 2 minutes ago
- › Hello!! 2 minutes ago
- › What is this? Please help! 2 minutes ago
- › Count as high as you can before HeavensHens88 posts! 2 minutes ago
- › Lakenvelder by Minnowey
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Hishigata
- › Orpington by jallen062
- › Favacauna by BlueJuniper
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by acemario
- › Malay by QueenMisha
- › Bantam-Cochin by givengrove
- › Ameraucana by melishkia
- › Featherman Poultry Set Up Special With Chill Tank by rjohns39
- › Jumbo White Coturnix by Jaromo99
- › One Myth and One Lie About—Egg's
- › SERAMA INCUBATION TIPS ~ Not hard to hatch...
- › casportpony's random chicken pictures
- › Best Pictures of 2017.
- › Soo EggCited the ladies will be here next...
- › Coop-A-Cabana and Coop de Ville....Soo...
- › Integrating new birds at 4 weeks old.
- › \~ * >One Will Reign< * ~/ a Wild Horse...
- › A Few of my BYC Besties
- › Duck Year, A Love Story