I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 4/24/16 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 4/1/16 at 4:34pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 9/8/15 at 10:44am in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 2/1/16 at 6:11am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 4/1/16 at 4:38pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
In my flock of 41 (3 roosters and 38 hens) my pair of Spitzhaubens are my favorites by far. My rooster Hans rules the roost including my two light brahma roosters but he's gentle and friendly...
I LOVE my Mottled Cochin Bantam, Cookie! She is so adorable, friendly, and lays great. When you extend your arm, she jumps up and perches. She is the only one that will stay on your shoulder while...
When we first started raising chickens four years ago we got 12 birds - 3 barred rocks, 3 white rocks, 3 buff orpingtons, and 3 easter eggers. The barred rocks were beautiful and had a strong...
These are my Yellow parlor tumblers & Bald Head Parlor Rollers
Amazing birds will definitely get more
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)post #2 of 41695/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 41695/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 41695/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 41695/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 41695/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 41695/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 41696/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 41696/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 41696/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › Making the most of it. 3 seconds ago
- › Mountain Peep's Awesome Chat Thread! (All friends welcome!) 13 seconds ago
- › A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100. 56 seconds ago
- › Product Tester Needed for Incubator Monitor 1 minute ago
- › Please help identify this little one :) 1 minute ago
- › NY chicken lover!!!! 1 minute ago
- › what age can chicks be put outside? 1 minute ago
- › Duck or Drake - how to tell? 1 minute ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 1 minute ago
- › What's the temperature where you are??? 2 minutes ago
- › Appenzeller Spitzhauben by jailerjoe
- › Bantam-Cochin by Jujubara
- › Barred Rock by arrowti
- › Parlor Tumbler by mdrake1984
- › Ameraucana by I Love Layers
- › Delaware by fatcatx
- › Old English Game by Madison-Jamil
- › Plastic 1 Quart Jar Waterer by The Duck Ladie
- › Plymouth Rock : Buff Rock by erinchelsea
- › Lavender Orpington Bantam by Florida
- › My crazy, wild, wonderful chicken adventure
- › My Favorite Chicken!!!
- › Alexandra33's Best BYC Buddies!
- › Meet ChickenLover200's BYC friends!
- › Cutest chick pic ever
- › Blue on Blue (on Blue) Kiwi Urban Coop
- › Kansas City Backyard Coop and Retaining Wall
- › The Condo-Coop
- › An Oregon Backyard Coop for 5
- › Big White Bird