I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: Today
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I love my SLWs one, Whoms name is Gwen, sadly got killed by a hawk last January.But ow I have Raven, and I love her to bits and pices.The only thing is she lays tiny eggs and she is quit flighty.
I've had these birds for a while, and I'm not very satisfied with them, but they'll still be staying on the farm all the same. Even as chicks they were skittish, and I can't even go near them...
The black astralop breed is one of my favorite breeds. I have had two they were both very sweet, curious, and had great personalities. When I went out to the coop they'd walk over to me and just...
My friend has had several Andalusians throughout her chicken experience, and her rooster, Bitty Cloud, was probably an even meaner than my first Arucana rooster, Chubby-Cheeks the 1st, and that's...
I love this breed, and I highly recommend it to someone who is a beginner with chickens. They love and adore people, are very prolific throughout most of their life, and are usually good with other...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 41895/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 41895/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 41895/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 41895/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 41895/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 41895/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 41896/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 41896/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 41896/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › 8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long 5 seconds ago
- › State a fact about yourself! 18 seconds ago
- › The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding Thread from a Breeder without... 43 seconds ago
- › ***OKIES in the BYC III *** 2 minutes ago
- › Respiratory, environment, or parasite? 2 minutes ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 2 minutes ago
- › Bumblefoot - can I ignore it? 3 minutes ago
- › What's the temperature where you are??? 3 minutes ago
- › Was I bamboozled by a TS employee? 3 minutes ago
- › The NFC B-Day Chat Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Wyandotte by Cluckcluck1215
- › Marans by Garjzla
- › Australorp by CherriesBrood
- › Andalusian by WyandotteLove1
- › Black Sex Link chicken by WyandotteLove1
- › Queen Silvia by cree57i
- › East Frisian Gull - An Old World Landrace by cree57i
- › Pearl Guinea by Vermont Poultry
- › Rhode Island by Vermont Poultry
- › Barred Rock by Vermont Poultry