I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 9/12/14 at 11:14pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Production Reds Last post on 9/15/14 at 10:02am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 8/18/14 at 5:44pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection Last post on 9/17/14 at 9:43am in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- What does the Game in gamefowl mean? Last post on 10/14/12 at 9:24pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
Bantam Cochins are one of my favorite chicken breeds, I have the Black, and I use them for hatching out all my eggs, even turkey. They are smart, sweet, silly and all around lovable birds. Out of...
This might be a surprise, but my Leghorn/Cal.White are my smartest birds. Technically they aren't pure White Leghorns, but actually a California White which is a Cal. Grey X Leghorn cross. There...
I have just one Ancona now that started laying several weeks ago. As of now her eggs are still quite small. Even smaller than my Leghorn's eggs who started laying just a couple weeks ago. That...
I have had three silkies. Two females and one male. The male was aggressive and attacked my hens and occasionally me. One of the hens, Fredrica, was sweet, easy going, and a wonderful pet. My last...
I love Piper. I really do. Even though she is second in the pecking order, she is never mean. She always runs over to see me. Also she is gorgeous! Her colors came in gold and black. Also the...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)post #2 of 38555/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 38555/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 38555/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 38555/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 38555/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 38555/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 38556/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 38556/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 38556/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › Netflix Question 1 minute ago
- › Ameraucana or Easter Egger?? 2 minutes ago
- › ***OKIES in the BYC III *** 2 minutes ago
- › i live in northern NH, do my ducks need actual heat? 4 minutes ago
- › Turkey's In General? 5 minutes ago
- › Broody Hen Thread! 5 minutes ago
- › The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site 5 minutes ago
- › Crop problems in 12 week old bantam 6 minutes ago
- › September Hatch-A-Long 6 minutes ago
- › 12 week old EE hen or rooster? :( 6 minutes ago
- › Bantam-Cochin by LoveThatChick
- › Leghorn by Y N dottes
- › Ancona by Y N dottes
- › Silkichin by chickincrazy
- › Easter Eggers by Free as a Bird
- › Miller Manufacturing PPF5 5-Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer, Red by LadyKjo
- › Australorp by NorthFLChick
- › Nutrena NatureWise Poultry Feeds by JessicaThistle
- › ReptiPro 5000 Egg Turner by Mermaid909
- › Yokohama by LyrebirdJacki
- › Mooredge Poultry
- › Helping your flock through molt
- › ~*Warrior Cats RP *~ Character Page! (PM me...
- › Warrior Cats RP ~ Character Page!!!
- › Darebin city council melbourne australia
- › Laws for chicken keeping in Hamilton County...
- › Feeding Chickens - An Introductory Guide
- › My Little Mother Cluckers
- › MY BIZZARE FLOCK...
- › East Windsor (CT) ("non-commercial...