I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Medicated Feed vs. Growth of Chicks? Last post on 12/23/16 at 9:57am in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 1/19/17 at 7:36am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on Yesterday at 11:03 am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 2/22/17 at 6:57pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 2/24/17
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I have had a number of Polish over the past three years and I can definitively say I will never get another one. I have a medium sized (25) mixed flock and the Polish were constantly being picked...
This breed although a slow growing meat bird in reaching its weight potential can be worth the wait. Its downy type feathering helps disperse flavor enhancers throughout the body making the...
I dont understand the reviews on them being skittish, its called babying them! If you want a nice chicken you have to play with them and make them think youre the mother hen. I know I have, they...
We've had chickens two different times so far over the years, and Australorps are always our first choice. Both times they started laying for us at 6 months old or a little before. We got them...
my dutch rooster Pecan is the best chicken i have ever had. he will protect his flock, but is very sweet to people. hes very small, so he doesn't eat very much. i hope to get more in soon.
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)post #2 of 42075/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 42075/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 42075/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 42075/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 42075/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 42075/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 42076/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 42076/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 42076/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › Three word story for more people with more than one word to say... 5 seconds ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 31 seconds ago
- › Boys VS Girls: Round Two 34 seconds ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 54 seconds ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 1 minute ago
- › The 2nd Rate the avatar of the person above you! 1 minute ago
- › Toddlers are Quackers 2 minutes ago
- › Hen now sounds like she is snoring HELP! 2 minutes ago
- › Yum or Yuck? 2 minutes ago
- › HELP! Showgirl chicks keep dying 2 minutes ago