I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 11/5/14 at 12:53pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Production Reds Last post on 2/26/15 at 4:04pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 2/21/15 at 9:35am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection Last post on Yesterday at 3:04 pm in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- What does the Game in gamefowl mean? Last post on 10/14/12 at 9:24pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
Full of life, follow you around and like to be held. Generally very good mothers, go broody often. Lay very well, large eggs.
I have had about 20-25 different chicken breeds and the Brabanter is my favorite by far. She is SO sweet and always follows me around. Very friendly and always squats for me. She is so beautiful...
I have had over 25 breeds of hens in 3 years and this breed is the ONLY only to fly over my fence. I should have listened to the other reviews but I thought since none of my other birds ever flew...
I have 1 Austerlorp and getting more her name is Sassy and she can be dominant but she's usauly the sweetest thing.She's very docile and lays around 300 eggs a year.She loves winter and...
We have two Bantam Wyandottes and they are such sweet chickens. They are called Happy Mrs Chicken (named by our 4 year old - anyone who knows Peppa Pig will understand) and Sparkles (named by our...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)post #2 of 40785/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 40785/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 40785/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 40785/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 40785/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 40785/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 40786/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 40786/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 40786/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › Taming Ducklings 7 seconds ago
- › Officially the cutest thing I've ever seen. Pics inside. 10 seconds ago
- › Dixie Chicks 22 seconds ago
- › Ducklings 47 seconds ago
- › chickens at farm amd fleet 51 seconds ago
- › Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! 56 seconds ago
- › BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT. 1 minute ago
- › HELP PLEASE...my Khaki C. swallowed a nylon knee-high stocking!!! 1 minute ago
- › *Buff Orpington Thread!* 1 minute ago
- › Galloping humans (A horse shifter RP!) 1 minute ago
- › Orpington by jjrj254
- › Brabanter by Ariel188
- › Norwegian Jaerhon chicken by Ariel188
- › Australorp by chicken04
- › Wyandotte by JaeG
- › Ameraucana by HenriettaBB
- › Polish by LRH97
- › American Game Bantams by twilightsparkle
- › By Dave Holderread Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks, (2nd Edition) by poult
- › Cornish Cross by cmchickens
- › The Dreams of the City-Character page
- › ~×~ Inizio e Riavvio ~×~ A...
- › IS THIS A SHOW QUALITY BIRD
- › What are thebest egg laying chickens
- › IS THIS A GOOD SHOW CHICKEN?
- › WHAT KIND OF CHICKEN IS THIS
- › The cheekin cabin!
- › ~ˆ~`~BantamFan4Life's...
- › PluckyClucker99's Colorful Flock...
- › WHAT BREED DO I GET