I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
My Svart Hona are among my favorite birds. They always come over to interact or see what's happening when I go to the coop/run and neither the hens or roosters have shown anything but the best...
I have 23 Rhode Island Reds right now, I have 11 hens 1 rooster, and 11 in the brooder. I got my first Rhode Island Red over a year ago, and she has laid almost every day sense I have had her,...
I picked two of these up at Tractor Supply about six months ago. I should note that I have nesting boxes in the coop already, but I wanted to change things up so that it was easier to clean and...
Barred Rocks are great birds and I just love them. I have two called Marble and Oreo. Oreo is kind of shy and I'm pretty much the only person who can touch her. Marble is just a baby and loves to...
I bought a handful (or in some cases more) chicks of about 12 breeds this year to compare. I concentrated on dual purpose breeds that are known for being very good meat birds, cold hearty and non...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)post #2 of 41805/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 41805/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 41805/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 41805/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 41805/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 41805/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 41806/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 41806/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 41806/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › Wild chickens joined my flock, what are they? 5 minutes ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 6 minutes ago
- › Show off your roosters 8 minutes ago
- › It's serendipity, we've been adopted for the 2nd time... 10 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 15 minutes ago
- › Topic of the week - Chicken run management 22 minutes ago
- › Leg bands and charms 24 minutes ago
- › Need help integrating a bird 26 minutes ago
- › What is this chicken thinking? 27 minutes ago
- › RIR Cocks (2) Heritage, not hatchery NPIP NH 27 minutes ago
- › Svart Hona by 0wen
- › Rhode Island by stormyhorses98
- › Plastic Nesting Box by Bocktobery 10
- › Barred Rock by HappyClucker7
- › Delaware by jake and pippa
- › Speckled Sussex by PrettySpeckleds
- › Add-A-Motor D20 Chicken Coop Motor by coophead
- › Easter Eggers by lonniedeohio
- › Brahma by CrowHollowFarm
- › Bielefelder by CrowHollowFarm