I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I have been breeding Oregon Gray and Dark Gray turkeys for a couple of years. Because they are a combination of color genes and not a bloodline, they appeared in my mixed flock by crossing a...
Our Anconas are just over a year now. They've laid better than the laying hens we used to have. We have 5 girls and for the spring and into mid summer we got 5 big, delicious duck eggs a day,...
I will always have runners in my yard. I love them they are easy to raise and fun to watch.
I had a Porcelain Duccle pair a few years ago. We started letting them out to free range. One day we left to go into town and the Duccles were missing. I now raise Mille Fleurs in a 20 by 50...
Love these chicken leg band charms. Super easy to put on. My kids banded all the hens by themselves. In fact, they keep switching out charms on different birds. I can tell which hen is picking the...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 41805/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 41805/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 41805/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 41805/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 41805/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 41805/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 41806/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 41806/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 41806/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come hatch, learn, Chat, Meet new Friends w/... 44 seconds ago
- › BYC Member Interview - RavynFallen 54 seconds ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 7 minutes ago
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 14 minutes ago
- › Orpington chicks growing up 20 minutes ago
- › Count as high as possible before BantamFan4Life posts! 21 minutes ago
- › How cold can eggs stand 22 minutes ago
- › Neutering of drakes 40 minutes ago
- › UK Member Please SAy HI 43 minutes ago
- › White eye discharge 43 minutes ago
- › Oregon Gray turkey by WalnutHill
- › Ancona by deedles
- › Indian Runner by pattyhen
- › Belgian d'Uccle by americanamama
- › Fancifowl Poultry Leg Band & Charms - 12 Pack by Away2me
- › Arau-ameraucana by toysamarie
- › Khaki Campbell by rachelsflock
- › Magpie by The Duck Ladie
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by MTmillefleur
- › Ancona by WyandotteLove1
- › My beautiful gals
- › My little 'Swiss' coop in the...
- › The chicken pictures you catch just in time.
- › 15 French Guineas Straight Run!
- › Time traveling couple and our...
- › casportpony's Peafowl and Muscovy Ducks
- › casportpony" Muscovy Ducks on the hay stack
- › casportpony's "P-Dawg"
- › My new coronation Sussex and pekin bantams!
- › Colorado Prairie Coop and Run