I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 11/5/14 at 12:53pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Production Reds Last post on 11/1/14 at 2:38pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 12/12/14 at 3:53pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection Last post on Yesterday at 9:51 am in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- What does the Game in gamefowl mean? Last post on 10/14/12 at 9:24pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
My girl Lotus is my pride and joy. She lets 5-year-olds pick her up, comes running with that goofy chicken gait any time I go outside. She comes for snuggles, not for food. She lays a good 6...
I was worried when my Delaware was a chick, but once she started laying, she became very sweet and hunkers down to be picked up and snuggled. She is a bit bossy and I have seen her drive other...
I have 5 White Leghorns that are about 7 months old. They lay really well and are so cute with their floppy combs (I call my flock "the floppy hats"because of their combs). They are nervous though...
Ours gets along great with new additions to the flock, very friendly. She's not always the smartest bird in the flock, though. Even with 5 other hens to learn from, it still took her about a...
I have only had one bird of this breed but she stood out from the rest of my flock. She was a calm thing but she was at the bottom of the pecking order which i guess isnt a bad thing but she didnt...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 40175/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 40175/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 40175/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 40175/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 40175/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 40175/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 40176/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 40176/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 40176/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › ~Survivors of the Savannah~ An African Cat Role Play Always Accepting! 14 seconds ago
- › Breaking Free~ (A Chicken Role Play) 35 seconds ago
- › molting 46 seconds ago
- › The Secrets of the Experiments 55 seconds ago
- › Americano Blue Chat thread!!! 1 minute ago
- › The Griffin and Dragon war~ always accepting~ 1 minute ago
- › instrument players thread! 1 minute ago
- › The Cold Folks Home 1 minute ago
- › December Hatch-A-Long 2014 1 minute ago
- › What is this? 1 minute ago
- › Golden Sex Link by GAchickennewbie
- › Delaware by GAchickennewbie
- › Leghorn by spitfirecream15
- › Barred Rock by GAchickennewbie
- › Marans by Oscarsgravett
- › Silkie by Blue in a shoe
- › NatureWise Poultry Feeds by matt44644
- › Buckeye by nate_o23
- › Brinsea Products Fully Automatic Egg Incubator for Hatching 24... by Peep_Show
- › Elector Psp Premise Spray 8 oz by capayvalleychick
- › ~*'Hidden'*~ A Tiger RP; Character...
- › Holm25's hens!!
- › Blackgoat's SWAP page
- › cirque de poulet
- › cirque de poulete
- › Getting Started In Raising And Keeping Quail
- › Tips for Shopping for your Flock
- › Mountain Peeps's Chicken Story
- › From Baby Changing Table to Chick Brooder!!
- › Puddin Ridge Chickens