I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 3/18/15 at 6:23am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Production Reds Last post on 4/4/15 at 7:53pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on Yesterday at 8:34 am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection Last post on 4/15/15 at 11:28pm in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- What does the Game in gamefowl mean? Last post on 10/14/12 at 9:24pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
My Cream Legbar lays plenty of most beautiful sky blue eggs that are also almost round in shape. They are very friendly and also SUPER calm in your hands. To top that off they are autosexing! It is...
My Australorps are very friendly, they are always there to great you at the door and talk to you, but they are a hands off sort of birds because they will not jump on your lap and don't enjoy being...
i have 2 Cochins, a black bantam hen (Lucy) and a white standard Cochin hen ( Snowy) they are very nice but when i put my new birds with the flock Lucy was very mean to them and its been about 2...
This little incubator is great when it's working. I had 3 successful hatches in two years. However, 4 days before the chicks were due, the heating unit and sensor shot craps. The "alarm" is a tiny...
Carmelita The Aloha is the American answer to the Swedish Flower. Think Hawaiian flowered shirts. It's a very hardy bird that can take the heat in summer and cold in winter. Some will brood...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)post #2 of 40965/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 40965/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 40965/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 40965/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 40965/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 40965/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 40966/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 40966/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 40966/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › A little late, but. . . 24 seconds ago
- › Sexing Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Bantam Chicks...help! 45 seconds ago
- › First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited! 1 minute ago
- › Quotes and thoughts for the day 2 minutes ago
- › Two late hatchers...when to help? 2 minutes ago
- › Green Junglefowl "Gallus varius" came in!!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Can you force broodiness? 3 minutes ago
- › Blue Laced Wyandotte - How do I tell if it is a cockerel? 3 minutes ago
- › *sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em) 4 minutes ago
- › Chick won't zip 4 minutes ago
- › Cream Legbar originally bred by R. C. Punnett by Rhodebar Lover
- › Australorp by Rhodebar Lover
- › Cochin by applebutter14
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by Katmando
- › Aloha Chickens by Deerfield Acres
- › Colombian Rock by NothernChick
- › Orpington by inthesticks1847
- › Khaki Campbell by silkiecuddles
- › Plymouth Rock by Wishapup
- › Sussex by silkiecuddles