I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 6/23/15 at 8:34am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Production Reds Last post on 6/16/15 at 7:17pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 8/24/15 at 4:38am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection Last post on 8/13/15 at 4:59pm in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- What does the Game in gamefowl mean? Last post on 10/14/12 at 9:24pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I just ate the first of my Cornish Cross broilers. At 8 weeks he dressed out to 6 pounds 8oz not counting the heart, liver, gizzards, etc. I bought a dozen through a local guy who does an egg...
My spangled OEGB, Jace, is really cute and has great camoflauge, which is good if you have lots of predators. It also means she can hide from me really easy if she gets out, which is why I had to...
I bought one of these about a year ago and am now buying my second one. The second one is to provide multiple feeding stations, to allow me to thoroughly clean one while the other is available and...
I have to be honest, I don't like this feeder. Mainly b/c the chicks like to stand on it and then they poo in it a whole bunch. It's also very small capacity so we have to refill it a lot. ...
i have 2 wyandottes, a silver and a golden laced, they are both hens, i named them fili and kili. i got them as chicks from murray mcmurray hatchery on 2-7-2015. my golden laced took longer to grow...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 41375/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 41375/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 41375/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 41375/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 41375/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 41375/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 41376/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 41376/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 41376/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › Where are our guinea owners located? 3 seconds ago
- › Poll: Best chicken coop floor 3 minutes ago
- › Stella's Social Club 3 minutes ago
- › Three word story for more people with more than one word to say... 4 minutes ago
- › Button quail touching! 5 minutes ago
- › grass over taking raised beds 5 minutes ago
- › TIᑕKIᑎᑕᕼIᑕKEᑎ'ᔕ GᗩᗰE TᕼᖇEᗩᗪ 5 minutes ago
- › 2016 BYC Calendar - Your Pictures Needed! 8 minutes ago
- › Are any show quality? 9 minutes ago
- › what am I looking at? 9 minutes ago
- › Cornish Cross by AA Maple
- › Old English Game by Bubbles12345
- › Grandpa's Feeders Automatic Chicken Feeder - Standard (20lb... by Tevyes Dad
- › Plastic Flip Top Poultry Feeder by gachooks
- › Wyandotte by applebutter14
- › Cochin by chickenchick12
- › Svart Hona by applebutter14
- › Harris Farm 5 Gallon Top Fill Waterer by WYNot
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by bonnij69
- › Star by chik love
- › Pietro - The Most Mishevious Little Sebright...
- › Our Mother Clucking Hen House
- › My Mom's Pound Cake
- › d'anvers and friends
- › Coq au Vin or Poullete au Vin ~ Chicken Stew...
- › Eggnog Anytime
- › Sesame Chicken Light Recipe
- › *Verge of War* Character Page
- › Egg binding cure
- › Chicken Names- comment if you want your...