I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Medicated Feed vs. Growth of Chicks? Last post on 12/23/16 at 9:57am in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 4/15/17 at 9:17pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 4/20/17 at 12:36pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 2/22/17 at 6:57pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 3/22/17
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I bought this incubator about 6 years ago based on enthusiastic BYC member reviews. I used it approximately 4 times over the next several years with awesome results hatching chicken, duck and...
My experience with Welsummers have been great! PROS: She is very pretty. I love her golden nape (back of neck) feathers. Her eggs are amazing! I love their dark color! She is a...
My EE gives me little room to complain about her. PROS: Her eggs are SO beautiful and they catch the eyes of visitors frequently, and she is quite diligent in her laying...
If I had to pick a favorite of my girls, it would CERTAINLY be my BR. Allow me to tell you why: 1) Since she was a chick, she has always been calm and handleable. She is great for kids who just...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)post #2 of 42155/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 42155/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 42155/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 42155/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 42155/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 42155/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 42156/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 42156/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 42156/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › Troyergals Chat Thread!!! 7 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 8 seconds ago
- › Chickens Vs Ducks 1 minute ago
- › Just got my chicks. 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine. Hosts,... 1 minute ago
- › Need Lunch 1 minute ago
- › stained PVC in coop 2 minutes ago
- › Bored chickens 2 minutes ago
- › A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100. 3 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 3 minutes ago
- › Polish by AmySellersARt
- › Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO Auto Turn Egg Incubator by SeaHen
- › Welsummer by TheBantyCoop
- › Easter Eggers by TheBantyCoop
- › Barred Rock by TheBantyCoop
- › Production by crazy rooster34
- › Golden Sex Link by crazy rooster34
- › Brahma by Henrik Petersson
- › Phoenix by gholmomma
- › Fresh Eggs Daily: Raising Happy, Healthy Chickens...Naturally by jbudin2000
- › Mustangs Recent Chicken Pictures
- › My BYC family. P.S you guys are awesome
- › Pure English Silver Laced hens also!
- › The Life Of A New Hampshire Hen
- › Pure English Silver Laced Rooster
- › °The Flight of the Burritos° A RP of...
- › General and Lily
- › New Simple but Secure Chicken Coop
- › aart's Chick Corral
- › Ten little hens...