I now have about 60 Marraduna Basque and would like to find others in the States with (Euskal Oiloa) Basque. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. They are bar none my best foragers out of every breed that I have and I have alot of breeds! I call them my little terminators because nothing stands a chance in their path. They are some of the friendliest birds Ive ever owned. Extremely smart birds! The Basque have a very distinctive personality. Very active happy birds. If anyone else has them send me an email or reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 11/5/14 at 12:53pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Production Reds Last post on Yesterday at 1:17 am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 1/26/15 at 5:14pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection Last post on 12/16/14 at 9:51am in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- What does the Game in gamefowl mean? Last post on 10/14/12 at 9:24pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I have kept Welsh Harlequins for over 5 years. I love the coloring and it changes slightly depending on the season or the age of the bird. Like all waterfowl ducks can be flighty but these birds...
my buff orpington was a hen and her name was Karen, I raised her from a chick and she was my 1st chicken I ever had and she was the tamest and friendliest one, too. I was going to show her at th...
Very nice ducks, originating in England. Good layers, not good flyer's, and similar to Khaki Campbell's.
I have had for of these birds since April of 2014. I purchased them as pullets. They are the most friendly birds I have had. I live in Ontario Canada -32C or -25F here last night and they were...
Our first Pekin ducks came to us in the way of five eggs from a friend. We placed them in our incubator and three hatched. We wanted five ducks so we purchased two from Tractor Supply. We had...
Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)post #2 of 40515/26/11 at 9:56am
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #3 of 40515/26/11 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
The Marraduna Basque Males have a resemble a crele patterned while the females resemble a buff columbian pattern. Beautiful birds. I've got some pictures on my website of them. They are pushing 5 months old now. There in OTHER CLASS if you want to see what they look like. I've found some good information about them that I will be posting soon with help from Skeffling Lavender Farm out of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. My own personal experience has been beyond expectation. They're definately keepers! Here is a link about the Basque that Claire has been working on. Everything was in Spanish and she been translating it into English. http://www.squidoo.com/euskal-oiloas-or cken-breed
Edited by skylinepoultry - 5/28/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 40515/26/11 at 2:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?post #5 of 40515/28/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #6 of 40515/29/11 at 4:49ampost #7 of 40515/29/11 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gootziecat
Go to Frequently Asked Questions in the Index and you can find instructions there.
Thank you. Id like to post some pictures of my Marraduna Basque on here.post #8 of 40516/1/11 at 10:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by draye
What color are the chickens? Multi color?
Here a small group shot of my Marraduna Basque at 5 months oldpost #9 of 40516/1/11 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Heres some pics of my 5 month old Marraduna Basque (aka Euskal Oiloa)post #10 of 40516/1/11 at 11:17pm
My goodness those are some beautiful chickens!!!! I have never heard of them before but I can see why you think they are so wonderful. What an amazing flock you have!Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.Proud Mama of 4 Lav Orps, 2 BCM, 7 EE, 4 BR, 6 LB, 4 Aus, 1 Wel, 4 BO, 12 WH, 4 runners, 4 Alpaca, 1 chinchilla, 1 Sheltie, 1 Pom, 2 Jap Chin/Maltese, 2 girls and 1 boy.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Farm Daze
- › Dixie Chicks 3 minutes ago
- › Serama Hatch-A-Long!! 9 minutes ago
- › What is this chicken thinking? 13 minutes ago
- › What Are Your Winter Woes? 15 minutes ago
- › Pekin bantam thread! 18 minutes ago
- › Safety concer, water outdoors @night 26 minutes ago
- › Wyandotte Raisers in Southern California. 26 minutes ago
- › Chicken SCratch poultry? 26 minutes ago
- › Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore 28 minutes ago
- › Southern California Quail Ranchers 29 minutes ago
- › Welsh Harlequin by Banjosan
- › Orpington by applebutter14
- › Buff orpington egg laying ducks by mymilliefleur
- › Red Sex Link by mojoejoe
- › Pekin by nova022
- › 11 lb Plastic Hanging Feeder by HighStreetCoop
- › Chicken Fountain Automatic Waterer by HighStreetCoop
- › Wyandotte by girlyhurley
- › Rouen by mymilliefleur
- › bantam ameraucana by yardbird88
- › Need help Silkie hen stopped eating/drinking
- › The Easy Peasy Triple Easy Incubator
- › Gator's ladies
- › ~Age of Orcs~ Members Page
- › ~Love and War~ Member Page
- › Deluxe West Texas Coop!
- › Brooding and Raising Turkey Poults
- › Cathy's Poultry and Stuff
- › Scrunch and the gang!
- › The Shifting War Member Page