- custom Brahmas
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Breed & sex of these white chickens? Last post on 7/15/16 at 3:14pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Show quality LF Light or Dark Brahamas?? Last post on 2/10/13 at 6:41pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Angry Brahma Last post on 9/14/12 at 5:55pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Gender guess? Last post on 7/5/13 at 1:01pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- computer paint contest who can paint the best buff brahma Last post on 1/30/12 at 5:55am in Online Poultry Show
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Villano FlockLast edited: 2/2/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- AshaLast edited: 1/11/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
Ongoing Brahma Projects Thread - Page 51post #501 of 5363/18/16 at 2:50pm"It just goes to show you, you don't have to be crazy to raise Cornish,...................... but it helps." Lewis Strait"It just goes to show you, you don't have to be crazy to raise Cornish,...................... but it helps." Lewis Strait
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #502 of 5363/18/16 at 3:10pm
One of the single laced blue laced "red" males, not real proud of his light saddle feathers, but decent lacing.
And a double laced male, again would like to see darker hackles and saddle. This guy is stout and has pretty good width.
Edited by big medicine - 3/18/16 at 3:14pm"It just goes to show you, you don't have to be crazy to raise Cornish,...................... but it helps." Lewis Straitpost #503 of 5363/18/16 at 3:32pmQuote:
I love these! They are so pretty! Did you use a Wyandotte to make the color or?
Edited by anac1979 - 3/18/16 at 3:33pmpost #504 of 5363/18/16 at 4:16pmQuote:
Yeah about 08 or so, I brought in a crazy BL"R" Wyandotte late in the season that produced a single blue laced gold cockerel. Getting the blue lacing was easy. Getting it on good deep red is proving some what more difficult. Getting that paint job on a good typey Brahma chassis has taken some time. In fact the double laced version came about because I kept some mismarked birds that were just too big and typey to get rid of.post #505 of 5363/18/16 at 5:14pmWell, I think they are beautiful. A real testament to all your hard work. I'd love to have some one day.post #506 of 5363/18/16 at 6:42pmQuote:
Thanks, they're coming along.post #507 of 5363/31/16 at 6:14pmpost #508 of 5363/31/16 at 6:19pmpost #509 of 5363/31/16 at 10:26pmNewbie here
My son was given a trio of Brahma last year. He just wants them to be free range chickens. I've decided to embellish on them and have hijacked his chickens for a project. I retired mid year last year due to Stage 4 Breast Cancer. But I guess they treat it like a chronic condition these days and I'm actually doing well enough that I've gotten bored. I bred Overo Saddlebred & NSH horses, Schipperke dogs (cream), as well as Netherland Dwarf rabbites. So I have some understanding of genetics.
We hatched some eggs we purchased as well last year and have Gold Laced Brahma... Please let me know what you think of our little flock as I've decided to get serious about this. I have allot to learn and hopefully lots of time to learn it. .. we have Gold and blue partridge eggs in the incubator right now...
I have a concern about all of the Brahma we have, I dont know that they have correct tails. And I will welcome suggestions on how to fix them if not. Also not sure to do with the white / grey hens.....
Click on this link to see photos
Edited by anderhill - 3/31/16 at 10:47pmpost #510 of 5364/1/16 at 4:12am
Need to work on getting a pea comb established, and I don't believe I would call a bird with that light of saddle feathers red, blue laced gold maybe.
Edited by big medicine - 4/1/16 at 4:34am
- The Villano Flock
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 22 seconds ago
- › American serama thread! 40 seconds ago
- › Bisquick, Buttermilk, Snap, and Junior's Chicken Chat Thread!... 1 minute ago
- › The Old Folks Home 1 minute ago
- › Chicken mating thread !!! 1 minute ago
- › *In the Arctic* A Fox RP 3 minutes ago
- › Planning a man sized A frame coop and run suggestions and tips... 3 minutes ago
- › how many Eggs you get today 3 minutes ago
- › New from New Mexico 4 minutes ago
- › 4H comps 4 minutes ago
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.