HELP! I think my hen is dying, I don't know what to do! - Page 4
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickens
Give us the following information. The more you tell us, the better we will be able to help you.
1) What type of bird , age and weight.
2) What is the behavior, exactly.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use
13) Where do you live? What is the weather like there?
1) Barred Rock, 2 years, less than 7 pounds
2) limp head, tired look, breathing slowly
3) since today at 3-4 ish
6) she has an open wound that she got today
7) water with calcium and water with asprin
9) warm bath, wrap in towel, and give water with calcium, and water with asprin
10) I want to treat it myself
12) just shavings
13) I live in Rincon Valley and the weather is 80 degrees right now