Gotcha Doc. That's good to know. If the honey were MW'd tho, diluted with other or no, that would destroy any bacteria held in retarded culture state - yes?
Cooled and used then would be better than cane sugar or essentially the same? I've always thought was easier digested but am I mistaken in mah thinkin?
Not sure what "MW'd" means, but if the liquid you mixed the honey with wasn't antibacterial itself, then no it wouldn't destroy those spores. So if you mixed honey with, say, bleach or quaternary ammonium compounds, then sure. It would kill the spores and probably stay antibacterial, depending on how much honey you mixed in. But it wouldn't be any more antibacterial than it already was before you put the honey in.
As far as digestion goes, honey is made of glucose and fructose, which are as simple a sugar as you can get. Table sugar is made of sucrose, which is a slightly more complex sugar - it's actually a molecule of fructose and a molecule of glucose chemically bonded together.
It's not very hard to break that bond. However, I don't know enough about the digestive enzymes of chicks to be able to comment on their ability to break that bond.