*Freds Hens-----I beg to differ but the Standard of perfection does recognize the New Hampshire Reds. they ARE and official breed.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Breed question... Last post on 11/2/13 at 6:43pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What is the main difference between a NHR and RIR? Last post on 11/9/11 at 6:23pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What breed is she? Last post on 11/3/11 at 3:55pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- almost 2 weeks old...what do you think? Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:31am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Two Red chickens... what am I? Last post on 10/17/11 at 7:11am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
Last edited: 1/23/12
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Rhode Island Mahogany Rose CombLast edited: 1/10/12
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Production Red v's Road Island Red? - Page 4
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #32 of 389/4/15 at 11:15amQuote:
Fred's point was that the name of the breed is New Hampshire. Period. Not New Hampshire Reds.
Stem cell transplant from unrelated donor in Feb 2015. Thank you to all my friends here on BYC for all your support during my treatment and ongoing recovery!
Stem cell transplant from unrelated donor in Feb 2015. Thank you to all my friends here on BYC for all your support during my treatment and ongoing recovery!post #33 of 389/23/15 at 12:02pmpost #34 of 3811/7/15 at 11:11pmI have a question. I purchased two Rhode Island Red from a hatchery. Does this mean my birds are Production Red or are they considered RIR but not SOP? Just wondering. I love them and don't plan on breeding them.
I took this pic of the gals in the coop today. They are 8 weeks old.post #35 of 3811/8/15 at 6:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Bridebeliever
I have a question. I purchased two Rhode Island Red from a hatchery. Does this mean my birds are Production Red or are they considered RIR but not SOP? Just wondering. I love them and don't plan on breeding them.
I took this pic of the gals in the coop today. They are 8 weeks old.
They are RIR's. just not show quality.post #36 of 3811/8/15 at 2:44pmSo if you want show quality birds where do you get them from? Do you have to pay $29-$199 per straight run chick and get them from somewhere like Greenfire Farms?post #37 of 3811/8/15 at 4:59pmQuote:
I've no clue where to get them and how much.
You could try looking up the Heritage Rhode Usjand Red site. Try post your questions there. They would be the people that could tell you more.
Just a word if warning though mist will tell you hatcheries don't sell pure RIR, but I think what happens is that hatcheries hatch so many at once and do not cull a hard if at all their birds. Massed produced and order are quickly filled.
But anyway check out the Herutage thread.post #38 of 3811/8/15 at 5:02pmThanks!
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › Pokémon A to Z 37 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 46 seconds ago
- › The last letter Game 58 seconds ago
- › Adult & Kids Costume Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 1 minute ago
- › What breed is this? 1 minute ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 2 minutes ago
- › Storing Feed in a Refrigerator? 3 minutes ago
- › lights out? 3 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 3 minutes ago
- › Olive egger or Easter egger?? 3 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.