*Freds Hens-----I beg to differ but the Standard of perfection does recognize the New Hampshire Reds. they ARE and official breed.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Breed question... Last post on 11/2/13 at 6:43pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What is the main difference between a NHR and RIR? Last post on 11/9/11 at 6:23pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What breed is she? Last post on 11/3/11 at 3:55pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- almost 2 weeks old...what do you think? Last post on 2/24/17 at 12:49pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Two Red chickens... what am I? Last post on 10/17/11 at 7:11am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
Last edited: 1/23/12
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...Last edited: 3/22/17
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I only have one aracana so this review isnt about the entire breed, but my Star is a awesome hen. She is a 3 year old black muff-less aracana, that lays green eggs every day and is both heat...
Let me say that first off, if you don't have these quail or have ugly japanese quail, GET SOME! Bob's are sooo much hardier than japanese and similar breeds, much prettier, and make for better...
I bought this incubator about 6 years ago based on enthusiastic BYC member reviews. I used it approximately 4 times over the next several years with awesome results hatching chicken, duck and...
My experience with Welsummers have been great! PROS: She is very pretty. I love her golden nape (back of neck) feathers. Her eggs are amazing! I love their dark color! She is a...
Production Red v's Road Island Red? - Page 4post #32 of 389/4/15 at 11:15amQuote:
Fred's point was that the name of the breed is New Hampshire. Period. Not New Hampshire Reds.
Stem cell transplant from unrelated donor in Feb 2015. Thank you to all my friends here on BYC for all your support during my treatment and ongoing recovery!
Stem cell transplant from unrelated donor in Feb 2015. Thank you to all my friends here on BYC for all your support during my treatment and ongoing recovery!post #33 of 389/23/15 at 12:02pmpost #34 of 3811/7/15 at 11:11pmI have a question. I purchased two Rhode Island Red from a hatchery. Does this mean my birds are Production Red or are they considered RIR but not SOP? Just wondering. I love them and don't plan on breeding them.
I took this pic of the gals in the coop today. They are 8 weeks old.post #35 of 3811/8/15 at 6:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Bridebeliever
I have a question. I purchased two Rhode Island Red from a hatchery. Does this mean my birds are Production Red or are they considered RIR but not SOP? Just wondering. I love them and don't plan on breeding them.
I took this pic of the gals in the coop today. They are 8 weeks old.
They are RIR's. just not show quality.post #36 of 3811/8/15 at 2:44pmSo if you want show quality birds where do you get them from? Do you have to pay $29-$199 per straight run chick and get them from somewhere like Greenfire Farms?post #37 of 3811/8/15 at 4:59pmQuote:
I've no clue where to get them and how much.
You could try looking up the Heritage Rhode Usjand Red site. Try post your questions there. They would be the people that could tell you more.
Just a word if warning though mist will tell you hatcheries don't sell pure RIR, but I think what happens is that hatcheries hatch so many at once and do not cull a hard if at all their birds. Massed produced and order are quickly filled.
But anyway check out the Herutage thread.post #38 of 3811/8/15 at 5:02pmThanks!
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
- › How long do duck eggs stay fresh? (unwashed) 32 seconds ago
- › Electric fence to deter digging vermints. 32 seconds ago
- › Cutest Webs of 2017!!! 1 minute ago
- › prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome) 1 minute ago
- › New chicken owner with cleaning questionHello 1 minute ago
- › Sawdust in Incubator 1 minute ago
- › Help!! Chick pipped at wrong end. 2 minutes ago
- › Compost 2 minutes ago
- › Quotes and thoughts for the day 3 minutes ago
- › Best place for food 3 minutes ago
- › Araucana by PoultryAddict 1
- › Bobwhite by PoultryAddict 1
- › Polish by AmySellersARt
- › Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO Auto Turn Egg Incubator by SeaHen
- › Welsummer by TheBantyCoop
- › Easter Eggers by TheBantyCoop
- › Barred Rock by TheBantyCoop
- › Production by crazy rooster34
- › Golden Sex Link by crazy rooster34
- › Brahma by Henrik Petersson
- › And the chicken generation...
- › Mustangs Recent Chicken Pictures
- › My BYC family. P.S you guys are awesome
- › Pure English Silver Laced hens also!
- › The Life Of A New Hampshire Hen
- › Pure English Silver Laced Rooster
- › °The Flight of the Burritos° A RP of...
- › General and Lily
- › New Simple but Secure Chicken Coop
- › aart's Chick Corral