Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Old and Rare Breeds Last post on Today at 6:21 pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- How do you find a breeder Last post on 4/13/13 at 5:36am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Production Reds Last post on 5/23/13 at 11:08am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 5/21/13 at 11:51am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection Last post on Today at 7:00 am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
Edited on 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsEdited on 6/27/11
- Aseel BlueEdited on 1/10/12
- Aseel WhiteEdited on 1/10/12
- Aseel SpangledEdited on 1/10/12
They are good chickens for egg laying and for being food wise. But when holding them you'll have to be careful, my chickie pecks me in the eye and the mouth (she even ate food out of my mouth...
I absolutely adore my 6 Bantam Frizzled Cochin hens. They are so cut, and all they make you want to do is hug them! They make great therapy chickens, better than any other breed. I come from a...
Honestly, they are great birds. We have 2 boys freeranging together and neither one has ever gotten the least bit aggressive with us and they are very polite to their girls as well. No missing...
We love our Nankin hen. She's very sweet and good natured, excellent bird for beginners or kids. She comes when called, she's an excellent bug hunter, likes to sit on your lap (or head, or...
Oriental Gamefowl Thread! - Page 126post #1251 of 30002/24/12 at 5:25pmAt present count, 5 dogs (two Anatolians, one South African Boerboel a dane mix (old man) and scrappy rescue mix). 40 or so goats (pygmies and Nigerians) I have chickens like confetti all over the yard but breeds of interest are Giants, Ameraucanas, Araucanas, Shamos, Assil & most Games.At present count, 5 dogs (two Anatolians, one South African Boerboel a dane mix (old man) and scrappy rescue mix). 40 or so goats (pygmies and Nigerians) I have chickens like confetti all over the yard but breeds of interest are Giants, Ameraucanas, Araucanas, Shamos, Assil & most Games.post #1252 of 30002/24/12 at 7:07pm
At this time I have a small group of oriental fowl and about 125 racing homers. Taking proper care of both is a lot of work but they relax mepost #1253 of 30002/24/12 at 7:21pm
One of my tuzo jap stags that I am sorry to say is no longer with us. One of the neighbors dogs attempted to pull him through his pen. Luckily I still have a brother
At this time I have a small group of oriental fowl and about 125 racing homers. Taking proper care of both is a lot of work but they relax mepost #1254 of 30002/24/12 at 7:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by pride&joy
Hey Illia, that stag I sent you is not older than 7 mo or so, I don't think I have heard him crow while he was here. He is the product of a repeat breeding and I have no worries about him gaming up when his time comes. If not I will gladly eat my hat and he's kin as well. Those are south Florida birds 45 F is real cold far as they know.
Oh, I hope I didn't come off as disappointed, no, I'm just noticing and observing.
Well 45 may be really cold to them, but, . . . . It's gonna be between 35-55 degrees for a long time here. 'Tis why I have a heatlamp for them. It doesn't get up to the 70's until July, which even then, you're lucky to see a day in the 80's. It's pretty lame out here. Why I have such a big greenhouse.
Terrible news though - The cuckoo/dom pullet didn't get any better. This morning she was still pretty huddled in the coop, when I tried moving her closer to the lamp she was very weak, so I brought her in the warmer house with food, water, and some supplements just in case. Had to leave for a few hours, when I came back she was dead. I don't know what was going on with her, but, after washing everything down real good that came into contact with her this morning, I checked on the remaining trio tonight and they're still perfectly active, in fact the girls started talking when I came to visit them.
That was a terrible beginning for the poor pullet, I just hope I never see a dead Shamo again for a long time. . . .
Love the birds people are showing off lately, very nice!post #1255 of 30002/24/12 at 9:38pm
From the pics you posted, and what you have said, it sounds like the bird got stressed from shipping. It happens, and there isn't much you can do about it sometimes. I've been shipping birds, and had birds shipped to me for years, and even the most healthy birds can get stressed. If they don't come out of the box perky and wanting to eat and drink as soon as they can, and walk tall and proud, there is an issue. With cock birds, you can break quarantine and put a hen with him, and many times that will snap them back into feeling good, but with young birds, and pullets especially, there isn't much you can do but wait it out and hope for the best.post #1256 of 30002/25/12 at 12:51am
Another pic of my thai with some of the ladies. Hen in back is a pyle the p comb is a spangle roundhead. Going to work on gettin him some oriental ladies this coming week
At this time I have a small group of oriental fowl and about 125 racing homers. Taking proper care of both is a lot of work but they relax mepost #1257 of 30002/25/12 at 5:43ampost #1258 of 30002/25/12 at 6:01am
Proud member of APA, ABA, ASBC, MCCA, JBBA, LIPS.
Winner, Marans Chicken Club USA Egg contest Jan. 2013 Northeast Poultry Congress. My girls rock!
Proud member of APA, ABA, ASBC, MCCA, JBBA, LIPS.
Winner, Marans Chicken Club USA Egg contest Jan. 2013 Northeast Poultry Congress. My girls rock!post #1259 of 30002/25/12 at 9:24pm
Well, today was his day. After a slightly unexpected fight broke out between one of my Polish and Araucanas, the stag saw it all, and as usual - The way to a Shamo's heart is violence. He immediately started standing upright and flapped his wings, beginning a long series of crows. And - They're very nice and deep. Love a Shamo with a good, deep crow.
Standing upright. This gives an idea of his station/carriage of body.
Crowing. And as usual, the entire time the girls were just grazing like cattle.
So again, thanks pride&joy, and they're very nice! The dom pullet was a sad loss but I'm still very happy with this trio. The family still loves the dark girl especially.post #1260 of 30002/26/12 at 1:53pm
I have a 4 month+ trio of reza style asil. Should be around 5 lbs. I have hogs also so I have lots of 14%milled hog grower. By milled I mean just course ground grains plus supplement. I've been soaking this in hot water and feeding it along with 16% layer pellets. I feed both seperate and they seem to eat about the same amount of each. I will have them in a day range once things green up. For now I gave them a shovel of grass sod to pick through and have oyster shell and DE free feed. My questions are: Am I missing anything in their diet? Will the extra calcium in the layer crumbles hurt my stag? And when should I expect them to start laying. I think I might have missed out until fall. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I will get some pics up as soon as I can. Thanks Blaine
- Oriental Gamefowl Thread!
- Standard Large Fowl Breeds
- › ~The Battle of the Empires~ New RP NEED PLAYERS 58 seconds ago
- › Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE 2 minutes ago
- › New member in Devon, England 2 minutes ago
- › ***Describe that chicken*** 2 minutes ago
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 2 minutes ago
- › WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :) 6 minutes ago
- › Injured hen please help 6 minutes ago
- › Post Your Crushes Thread 3.0 7 minutes ago
- › Cayuga type eggs. 9 minutes ago
- › what other birds can be housed with Red Golden Pheasants? 9 minutes ago
- › Rhode Island by Chicken Goddess
- › Frizzle by TheCrazyClucker
- › Barnevelder by pysankigirl
- › Nankin Bantams by Cambium29
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by awaxt2003
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › A shift in the pecking order... by ll
- › Lane Family Duck Coop by NicoleL
- › Bill`s Chicken Farm by BillysFlock
- › My Funny Farm! by anastasiamarie
- › My Golden Palace by MEMama3
- › My take on the "On Golden Coop"... by rockhopjohn
- › New San Ramon California Ordinance Effective... by Tangramon
- › BillysFlock by BillysFlock
- › Chicken Mansion Supreme by sandrachicken
- › The Weenie flock by wein315