BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › Breeds, Genetics, & Showing › Oriental Gamefowl Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oriental Gamefowl Thread! - Page 139

post #1381 of 4033
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaokou21 View Post




Its mostly a gray color, but the best name that everyone use to call it is blue. darker blue will just be black. and yes, black is black.lol..

Ah. I hope to see the parents soon. I am not sure they are pure anyway.
post #1382 of 4033

Here is a couple of Blue Asil Bantam stags. almost 2 months old.

DSCF2897.JPG

 Black, Splash, Buff, White and Blue NNs,
Custom leathercraft with poultry design.

Reply

 Black, Splash, Buff, White and Blue NNs,
Custom leathercraft with poultry design.

Reply
post #1383 of 4033

Here is a picture of the 2 madagascar pullets I retained from last year and the 3/4 asil 1/4 tai stag I have them with. I hope to acomplish a few things by doing this cross. I will have to wait and see how it goes. I hope it works as these dang madagascars lay so few eggs, it is a one shot per year chance.

DSCF2903.JPG

 Black, Splash, Buff, White and Blue NNs,
Custom leathercraft with poultry design.

Reply

 Black, Splash, Buff, White and Blue NNs,
Custom leathercraft with poultry design.

Reply
post #1384 of 4033
Quote:
Originally Posted by old*cowboy View Post

Here is a picture of the 2 madagascar pullets I retained from last year and the 3/4 asil 1/4 tai stag I have them with. I hope to acomplish a few things by doing this cross. I will have to wait and see how it goes. I hope it works as these dang madagascars lay so few eggs, it is a one shot per year chance.
600x441px-LL-0f74149c_DSCF2903.jpeg

Those are cool looking. I hope mine are hens.
post #1385 of 4033
Quote:
Originally Posted by old*cowboy View Post

Here is a couple of Blue Asil Bantam stags. almost 2 months old.

DSCF2897.JPG


Cowboy, how much do those "bantams" weigh as cocks?........Pop
 

 

In God We Trust

Siyah Rampuri Asil, White Chinese, Emden, and African Geese, Guineas, a Rottweiler (Bella), and a Yellow Lab (Booger). Fifty five years with chickens and still learning.

Reply

In God We Trust

Siyah Rampuri Asil, White Chinese, Emden, and African Geese, Guineas, a Rottweiler (Bella), and a Yellow Lab (Booger). Fifty five years with chickens and still learning.

Reply
post #1386 of 4033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipop View Post


Cowboy, how much do those "bantams" weigh as cocks?........Pop
 

 


Back when certain things were legal in the state of confusion I live in (Okla) I had a nice set of scales. I do not own them any longer for not wanting anyone to think I harbored paraphernalia for any of that old illegal stuff. Long story short, I would just be guessing if I said what I thought they weighed. But if I guessed I would say mid 2 lbs.

 Black, Splash, Buff, White and Blue NNs,
Custom leathercraft with poultry design.

Reply

 Black, Splash, Buff, White and Blue NNs,
Custom leathercraft with poultry design.

Reply
post #1387 of 4033

Geez, there's all kinds of legitimate reasons to weigh an animal! Ya can't walk in the door of any veterinarian without weighing something, and a good deal of the struggle in breeding to type is getting the size right!

just talking to my chickens...
with a flute
Reply
just talking to my chickens...
with a flute
Reply
post #1388 of 4033

Right but I'm sorry, in the more southern states having even a scale that looks like the old, you know, types - There's gonna be someone questioning you. These days just simply having a bunch of roosters makes you a target. Especially shipping them to other countries.

 

I personally use a little hand-held digital hanging scale. Works great, and is quite accurate. The only downside is that it is the hanging type, so, the bird has to go through the not-so-fun experience of being stuffed into a canvas bag while being weighed.

Araucanas, Polish, Shamos, Olive Eggers, and a handful of Finn Sheep, Wensleydale Sheep, Gotland Sheep, Kinder Goats, a Yak, and various rare breed Turkeys, Ducks, and Pigs.

Reply

Araucanas, Polish, Shamos, Olive Eggers, and a handful of Finn Sheep, Wensleydale Sheep, Gotland Sheep, Kinder Goats, a Yak, and various rare breed Turkeys, Ducks, and Pigs.

Reply
post #1389 of 4033

I want to get a Digital Scale that goes to like 20lbs or so. I would like to know what All of my birds weigh. Everything From my Orpingtons to O Shamo and to the KO Shamo I am getting Saturday! I am getting they from Old*Cowboy. I started building their pens tonight. It will only take an hour or 2 to finish at the most tomorrow or Friday. I'll Post a pic here in a few minutes.

 

Nate

post #1390 of 4033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illia View Post

Right but I'm sorry, in the more southern states having even a scale that looks like the old, you know, types - There's gonna be someone questioning you. These days just simply having a bunch of roosters makes you a target. Especially shipping them to other countries.

 

I personally use a little hand-held digital hanging scale. Works great, and is quite accurate. The only downside is that it is the hanging type, so, the bird has to go through the not-so-fun experience of being stuffed into a canvas bag while being weighed.


I got accused this about a month ago because I was selling 75-100 Day Old RSL Males on Craigslist. I hatched about 150 or so eggs and I kept the Pullets. The guy called me and said he was going to turn me in. I said go ahead I'm not doing anything wrong. People jump to conclusions way to fast around here. Just raising other breeds besides Production RIR or BR get people saying stupid things.

 

Nate

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › Breeds, Genetics, & Showing › Oriental Gamefowl Thread!