Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on 4/9/16 at 3:15am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- hatchery vs. breeders (heritage breeds) Last post on 1/18/15 at 9:10pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Crevecours Last post on 3/28/12 at 5:55pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Buff Orpington, Australorps, Welsummers and Plymouth Rock?? Last post on 4/10/14 at 6:05am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- OrpingtonLast edited: 9/20/08
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Orpington Black Blue SplashLast edited: 1/10/12
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread - Page 94post #932 of 10681/29/16 at 3:51pm
I finally bought Jubilees this year!
I had been waiting. Now I will have both the original and the blue! I am excited to add this color to my flock of Orpingtons!!!!!!!post #933 of 10681/30/16 at 5:34amHey, I've got a few birds that were the result of crossing my Lavender roo with my Jubilee hens (I raised them all together and didn't get them divided in time). The resulting chicks are either solid closest black or they have a little copper around their necks and breast like a Black Star (or like a Black-Copper Marans). So I know that the next generation brings out the Lavender gene. If I cross these birds back to my Jubilee roo I'm guessing at least some will have the Lavender gene but will any of them look like a Jubilee with the Mahogany lightened and the black converted to Lavender? Is this anything that anyone intentionally breeds towards? Will the resulting chicks look decent or just be a mess? Right now I've just been selling them off for $10 ea but they are nice looking, robust birds.post #934 of 10681/30/16 at 9:28am
I do not know Rob. The Jubilee coloring has proven tricky.
Please post pictures of your progress in this area so we can all learn!post #935 of 10682/1/16 at 3:09ampost #936 of 10682/5/16 at 11:32ampost #937 of 10682/5/16 at 11:34ampost #938 of 10682/6/16 at 10:04ampost #939 of 10682/6/16 at 10:05ampost #940 of 10682/6/16 at 2:06pmQuote:
Most go for around $30 grown, $15-$25 Straight run chicks in my area. If your girls haven't had thier first molt, I'd wait to decide
On their looks. I've had some with just a few spots turn into a gorgeous pattern after 1st molt that's twice as prolific in spots.
- Farm Daze
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 24 seconds ago
- › Hello everyone 28 seconds ago
- › Toddlers are Quackers 32 seconds ago
- › Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Not an emergency (I think). Young broiler has dark green diarrhea... 2 minutes ago
- › My leukemia's back. 3 minutes ago
- › Chick hatched with stuff on it's but HELP! 4 minutes ago
- › Fall Brooder what to do? 6 minutes ago
- › ***OKIES in the BYC III *** 6 minutes ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 8 minutes ago
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.