BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Social › Random Ramblings › Vegetarians ( and Vegans ) Thread!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vegetarians ( and Vegans ) Thread!!! - Page 102

post #1011 of 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsky View Post

Vegan food is cheap though.. I understand your child is a picky eater but there a lot of different vegan recipes out there I'm sure they'd love. And cheese is very bad for you, plus eggs are very high in cholesterol.

I do my best, like she used to love vegetables-- broccoli used to be her favorite food! Now, vegetables of all colors, shapes, and sizes are out the window. If she sees a green thing on her fork she won't touch it lol. She doesn't do beans of any variety or consistency, barely touches fruit (and bananas used to be one of her favorite snacks too) and won't eat berries TT_TT

Like, if she had it her way she would live on bread. I know it's just a toddler thing but it does get rather frustrating esp bc I am such a huge fan of food and trying new things.
post #1012 of 1018

Hmm I dunno. I thought all kids loved fruit, It's always been my favourite food. Bread is okay, especially if it's whole grain, maybe you could put some almond/peanut butter on it with sliced banana, she might like that. But I'm sure she'll grow out of it, all my sister wanted was potatoes lol so who knows.

L.Sky
Reply
L.Sky
Reply
post #1013 of 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsky View Post

Hmm I dunno. I thought all kids loved fruit, It's always been my favourite food. Bread is okay, especially if it's whole grain, maybe you could put some almond/peanut butter on it with sliced banana, she might like that. But I'm sure she'll grow out of it, all my sister wanted was potatoes lol so who knows.
Yeah, usually with toddlers and small children they act "picky" because it's a way for them to exert control over their environments. Like, my little one refuses sliced apples, but just Thursday she ate a whole Gala by herself! She's just being odd I'm sure, but I can't wait for her to grow out of it bc it's so annoying!!
post #1014 of 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanabanana View Post


Yeah, usually with toddlers and small children they act "picky" because it's a way for them to exert control over their environments. Like, my little one refuses sliced apples, but just Thursday she ate a whole Gala by herself! She's just being odd I'm sure, but I can't wait for her to grow out of it bc it's so annoying!!

Yeah I know some picky eaters who aren't even children anymore lol so I understand the frustration. The bit about them exerting control over their enviroment is very interesting, I know a lot of teens and adults do that when they feel they have no control over their life. But I guess when you're a kid you're completely dependent on your parent/carer so you have to find ways of rebeling. Makes sense :p

L.Sky
Reply
L.Sky
Reply
post #1015 of 1018

Yay! a vegetarian thread. :weee

 

My chores are calling me, but I look forward to reading through this later.

post #1016 of 1018
I would love to be a vegetarian, not because I'm against killing animals to eat, I'm against the way they are treated before slaughter. But living as the oldest child out of five, it's hard for my mom to prepare separated meals. I remain a vegetarian at heart
-Liv
post #1017 of 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyandCotton View Post

I would love to be a vegetarian, not because I'm against killing animals to eat, I'm against the way they are treated before slaughter. But living as the oldest child out of five, it's hard for my mom to prepare separated meals. I remain a vegetarian at heart
-Liv
My family still eats dairy and eggs, and I don't - so there's always things in the house that I can't eat. I just suck it up and deal with it, which is very difficult sometimes.
But I do understand.
L.Sky
Reply
L.Sky
Reply
post #1018 of 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyandCotton View Post

I would love to be a vegetarian, not because I'm against killing animals to eat, I'm against the way they are treated before slaughter. But living as the oldest child out of five, it's hard for my mom to prepare separated meals. I remain a vegetarian at heart
-Liv

You could always try to get the whole family give it a whirl. "Meatless Mondays" have become surprisingly popular and wouldn't require anybody to have a separate meal. 

                 Say NO to Crested Ducks!         My BYC Interview     Raising Ducks      Geese 101

 

Previously Raised:

Java Green Peafowl l  Guineas l Turkeys l Icelandic Chickens

Call Ducks l Mallards 

Pomeranian Geese l White Chinese Geese 

Reply

                 Say NO to Crested Ducks!         My BYC Interview     Raising Ducks      Geese 101

 

Previously Raised:

Java Green Peafowl l  Guineas l Turkeys l Icelandic Chickens

Call Ducks l Mallards 

Pomeranian Geese l White Chinese Geese 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Random Ramblings
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Social › Random Ramblings › Vegetarians ( and Vegans ) Thread!!!