I couldn't find Sylvester's post so I'm just going to start by saying I trained the chicks to come and go through the tunnels (they actually figured it out by themselves) and they are running all over the run back and forth from one pen to the other to visit and cause trouble. Here are some pics of them in the run and the tunnels in the pens are visible as well. I also shot a pic of one of our most feared predators but it didn't come out very well: He is right next to the pool between the garage and pool. BTW, the garage collapsed and is waiting for some cash for a new roof and the pool needs some work and is waiting for some ambition on my part. I think you can just see the end of my wife's grape trellis at the end of the garden in this pic.
Anyway, the run is finished except for the dig proofing which I picked up today at Lowe's in 25' rolls of 1/2 x 1/2 hardware cloth. That cost me about $40 compared to about $70 for concrete and a lot less trouble since I have it all closed in and can't get to the inside to mix and pour the concrete without wheel barrowing everything (I'm too old for that). These girls fly all the way across the run (32') and bang into the coop wall and chase each other all over the place. There may be a boss developing in all this and I think it may be the larger RR. She seems to like to chase everybody. Feeding is easy but they knock the waterers around so much they spill most of it and I have to refill almost every day. As the day draws near to integrate the hens with the chicks I find myself procrastinating out of fear they won't get along. They are almost big enough to take the plunge but the turkeys are still pretty juvenile so I'll wait a bit longer.
I was thinking about leaving the pens and making a new one like the larger one as permanent housing in case they get too cranky but the coop may be enough if I add the extra perches. I'm just picturing 22 birds trying to lay eggs in 10 nest boxes and don't think the turkeys will fit so may have to make larger nests for them, not sure. I'm still going to add corner boards to prevent the hens from cornering any of them to peck them. Truck is empty and has a new carb ($200) now so is ready to get more plywood :-)
Edited by gpeters3 - 4/14/16 at 8:28pm