BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Social › Where am I? Where are you! › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. - Page 2888

post #28871 of 31841

Hhhhm, I think the jury is still out on whether it is "going to be good for them" and will be for a long time.  You will probably hear or read lots of stuff from both sides as to whether it is beneficial or not.  As I said, this one is definitely a personal choice.

 

It is kind of up there with fermented feed .. you have those who do use it and those who don't .. and some can get a little passionate about their side of the fence ;)

 

PS.  I add two teaspoons [10mls] to 2.5 litres of water.


Edited by Teila - 5/12/16 at 7:06pm

Bambrook Bantams; Home to Cilla, Dusty, LuLu, Blondie and Crystal

 

'There is No snooze button on a chicken who wants breakfast'

 

'Until One Has Loved An Animal, Part Of Their Soul Remains Unawakened'

 

My Chicken Page: http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/bambrook-bantams

 

Teila's Tales from the Coop: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1109051/teilas-tales-from-the-coop

Reply

Bambrook Bantams; Home to Cilla, Dusty, LuLu, Blondie and Crystal

 

'There is No snooze button on a chicken who wants breakfast'

 

'Until One Has Loved An Animal, Part Of Their Soul Remains Unawakened'

 

My Chicken Page: http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/bambrook-bantams

 

Teila's Tales from the Coop: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1109051/teilas-tales-from-the-coop

Reply
post #28872 of 31841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teila View Post

Hhhhm, I think the jury is still out on whether it is "going to be good for them" and will be for a long time.  You will probably hear or read lots of stuff from both sides as to whether it is beneficial or not.  As as said, this one is definitely a personal choice.

It is kind of up there with fermented feed .. you have those who do use it and those who don't .. and some can get a little passionate about their side of the fence wink.png

PS.  I add two teaspoons [10mls] to 2.5 litres of water.
Yeah you can say that again. There is no science to prove whether or not it does anything to prevent worms , however many of us will use it periodically just in case it does help.
However if you want to maintain your birds health best to worm them regularly.

Last night was a shocker here, thought the winds were going to blow the house away. Found one of the coops (water tank style) tipped up and chicks everywhere. No injuries but a tree down on the driveway. The water is rising so it's time to go down and herd the goats up as its Friday the 13 th , full moon , high tide. What a way to spend your birthday. smile.png
post #28873 of 31841

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FANCY!! 

 

Gees, that sounds awful.  Glad to hear no injuries and have everything crossed that it stays that way and the weather eases.

 

It is a bit late to say “I hope you have a great day” because it does not sound like it started out that way but I really do hope things improve and you are spoiled rotten :hugs

Bambrook Bantams; Home to Cilla, Dusty, LuLu, Blondie and Crystal

 

'There is No snooze button on a chicken who wants breakfast'

 

'Until One Has Loved An Animal, Part Of Their Soul Remains Unawakened'

 

My Chicken Page: http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/bambrook-bantams

 

Teila's Tales from the Coop: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1109051/teilas-tales-from-the-coop

Reply

Bambrook Bantams; Home to Cilla, Dusty, LuLu, Blondie and Crystal

 

'There is No snooze button on a chicken who wants breakfast'

 

'Until One Has Loved An Animal, Part Of Their Soul Remains Unawakened'

 

My Chicken Page: http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/bambrook-bantams

 

Teila's Tales from the Coop: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1109051/teilas-tales-from-the-coop

Reply
post #28874 of 31841
18 cuckoo araucana babies!!!! Set 23 eggs 4 days ago. 1 dead in shell 2 still pipping one has movement but not pipped yet. So exciting! And if anyone has any experience breeding mid size crested birds...only 1 vaulted skull (comes with big crests like polish, silkies, houdans and is an indicator of overcrestedness in araucanas) all in all extremely happy. My rooster hasnt the best type but is double barred so all chicks from my blacks and splashes as well as the cuckoo girls are cuckoo. Been a long time coming. Now the grow out wait...
Breeding Arucaunas, Polish, arucaunaxpolish, Indian Game,  marans, Olive eggers easter eggers aaannnnddd some muskovys and jersey buff and royal palm Turkeys :-) 
Reply
Breeding Arucaunas, Polish, arucaunaxpolish, Indian Game,  marans, Olive eggers easter eggers aaannnnddd some muskovys and jersey buff and royal palm Turkeys :-) 
Reply
post #28875 of 31841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teila View Post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FANCY!! 
 
Gees, that sounds awful.  Glad to hear no injuries and have everything crossed that it stays that way and the weather eases.

It is a bit late to say “I hope you have a great day” because it does not sound like it started out that way but I really do hope things improve and you are spoiled rotten hugs.gif
Thanks. We waded down and brought the goats up, I also discovered that my left gumboots has a leak roll.png. At least now I can relax and enjoy a night out with family and friends. smile.png
post #28876 of 31841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teila View Post

Hey Chook Newby

Thank you for the recipe!

I use ACV [with mother] and have done for three years for the following reasons:



* It apparently maintains a good pH balance in their digestive system and makes it a little uncomfortable for worms to live in. So while not an actual wormer, it can be a deterrent.



* It can act as an antiseptic killing bacteria in their throat and is reported to keep bacteria out of their water. I know it is recommended to people with sinus issues also.



* Some think it increases egg production but I can't comment on that because I only have bantams who spend more time broody or moulting than they do laying wink.png



 



I had not heard about the mite thing though .. I am also interested to hear from others.


I use acv every day in all the pens. Never had a lice issue til the other day and then it seemed to be only for one day and nothing since hu.gif Did get lice on the marans once and that was cause the boys were doing their water and didn't put it in.
post #28877 of 31841
post #28878 of 31841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej211 View Post

18 cuckoo araucana babies!!!! Set 23 eggs 4 days ago. 1 dead in shell 2 still pipping one has movement but not pipped yet. So exciting! And if anyone has any experience breeding mid size crested birds...only 1 vaulted skull (comes with big crests like polish, silkies, houdans and is an indicator of overcrestedness in araucanas) all in all extremely happy. My rooster hasnt the best type but is double barred so all chicks from my blacks and splashes as well as the cuckoo girls are cuckoo. Been a long time coming. Now the grow out wait...
Congrats on your new little ones.wee.gif
post #28879 of 31841

To Fancychooklady -   hope you have a wonderful evening .... and : 

 

Aussie chook enthusiast !!! 

Reply

Aussie chook enthusiast !!! 

Reply
post #28880 of 31841
Quote:
Originally Posted by satay View Post


I use acv every day in all the pens. Never had a lice issue til the other day and then it seemed to be only for one day and nothing since hu.gif Did get lice on the marans once and that was cause the boys were doing their water and didn't put it in.

 

That is interesting .. I use it every day also but I still had an infestation.

Bambrook Bantams; Home to Cilla, Dusty, LuLu, Blondie and Crystal

 

'There is No snooze button on a chicken who wants breakfast'

 

'Until One Has Loved An Animal, Part Of Their Soul Remains Unawakened'

 

My Chicken Page: http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/bambrook-bantams

 

Teila's Tales from the Coop: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1109051/teilas-tales-from-the-coop

Reply

Bambrook Bantams; Home to Cilla, Dusty, LuLu, Blondie and Crystal

 

'There is No snooze button on a chicken who wants breakfast'

 

'Until One Has Loved An Animal, Part Of Their Soul Remains Unawakened'

 

My Chicken Page: http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/bambrook-bantams

 

Teila's Tales from the Coop: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1109051/teilas-tales-from-the-coop

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Where am I? Where are you!
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Social › Where am I? Where are you! › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.